Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

2010 NFL ST includes HD w/o SF?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#26 OFFLINE   Boston_bill

Boston_bill

Icon

• Registered
  • 631 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 09:58 AM

FWIW I just spoke to an agent who said she has no pricing available for 2010 ST yet

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#27 OFFLINE   psunate77

psunate77

Godfather

• Registered
  • 354 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 10:26 AM

I just called and cancelled.. Before I cancelled I asked for a deal and CSR said they were told deals would be harder to come by this year.

#28 OFFLINE   Boston_bill

Boston_bill

Icon

• Registered
  • 631 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 10:30 AM

I just called and cancelled.. Before I cancelled I asked for a deal and CSR said they were told deals would be harder to come by this year.

I was told the opposite that they'd be "willing to work" with loyal customers.
Im not about to cancel. Ill decide in August.

#29 OFFLINE   Jeremy W

Jeremy W

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,447 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 05:17 AM

Directv should stop selling it to individuals & just sell it to bars, clubs etc.
At least then we wouldnt have to hear the bitch & moan fest about the $$ every year.

Instead, we'd hear a bitch and moan fest about how people would be willing to pay whatever DirecTV wanted, but DirecTV won't let them have it. The bitching and moaning won't stop, if you don't want to hear it, don't read the threads.

#30 OFFLINE   dcowboy7

dcowboy7

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,669 posts
  • LocationPequannock, NJ

Posted 19 February 2010 - 10:27 AM

Instead, we'd hear a bitch and moan fest about how people would be willing to pay whatever DirecTV wanted, but DirecTV won't let them have it. The bitching and moaning won't stop, if you don't want to hear it, don't read the threads.

It still wouldnt be complaining about the price....it would be more like the complaining about not getting versus hd.

Also you wouldnt get the "ST is the only reason i kept directv" reasons anymore.

Also directv would then offer the NFLN redzone channel.

The pros (pun) still outweight the cons.

#31 OFFLINE   Justin23

Justin23

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 10:42 AM

It still wouldnt be complaining about the price....it would be more like the complaining about not getting versus hd.

Also you wouldnt get the "ST is the only reason i kept directv" reasons anymore.

Also directv would then offer the NFLN redzone channel.

The pros (pun) still outweight the cons.

Approx 2 million NFL ST subs....almost 19 million D* subs...

So even if the 2 million left, D* still would have about 17 million subs...still more than E*.

#32 OFFLINE   mluntz

mluntz

Icon

• Registered
  • 641 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 11:31 AM

I'm willing to bet that at least 80% of the people that bitch and moan about the price will still end up getting it. Just the way it is, and D* knows it!
DirecTV Customer since 1995
Directv/ HD-DVR HR20-700
Directv/ HD-DVR HR24-500 (2)
H24-700
Slimline 5 Dish
Premiere package holder
NFL Sunday Ticket Subscriber

#33 OFFLINE   BuffaloDenny

BuffaloDenny

Icon

• Registered
  • 691 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 03:05 PM

I'm willing to bet that at least 80% of the people that bitch and moan about the price will still end up getting it. Just the way it is, and D* knows it!

Yeah, we'll get it with one of the annual deals they offer, making the price more reasonable.
HR20-100S/Seagate
H20-100
Panasonic TH-58PZ800U Plasma
Pioneer Elite AVR SC-05
Toshiba HD-A1 HD DVD
Sony PS3 Blu-Ray

#34 OFFLINE   Igmond

Igmond

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 03:20 PM

I cancelled my auto-renew after the season, it's just too expensive and I get to see 6-8 games of my team anyways. I'm going with the (audio) NFL Field pass for $35. I know it's not the same but it's 10% of the cost.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...