Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Guide Change = Cancelled Sharks/RedWings Recording

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   flogduh

flogduh

Legend

• Registered
  • 109 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 06:01 PM

Did this happen to you? It did to me, it's not the first time and I'm pissed.

I set up to record the game on 698-1 about three days before the game, just as it first showed up in the guide. I go home from work last night, get home about 7:30pm to watch the recording (game began at 4:30 pm PDT) and the received isn't tuned to 698-1. Not a good sign I think to myself, well, maybe the game ended early? I go the the list to start the recording and lo and behold, no recording on the list. I check the history and it says recording cancelled due to a programming change. WTF? Programming change my arse! I turn the channel to 698-1 and the Postgame show is being shown. Missed one of the best games of the season.

I am so fricking sick of constant guide updates that cancel my set up recordings on the -1 channels. I guess I have to resort to setting up manual recordings on the -1 channels instead. Even then, you can't be certain which -1 channel it will appear on, either 698-1 or 699-1....:nono2:

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   JohnDG

JohnDG

Legend

• Registered
  • 198 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 12:24 PM

Happens to me all the time. The nnn-1 channels programming gets dropped and re-added constantly, so you lose your recording request. This often happens when they correct the duration from 6 hours to 2 1/2 hours.

Safest is to setup a manual recording for the nnn-1 channels: these are unaffected by guide changes.

jdg

spam firewall