Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Augusta channel 12 WRDW off air

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   makaiguy

makaiguy

Icon

• Registered
  • 619 posts
  • LocationAiken, SC

Posted 14 February 2010 - 09:36 AM

Tried to post this in the Local Channels sub-forum, but I'm not given access to the new threads screen(??).

WRDW, the Augusta GA CBS affiliate, is off the air since our snow storm a couple of days ago. Can't pick it up off-air or via cable, either - it's definitely off air.

I note that channel 380 (CBSe) is shown in my guide in bright text as though authorized, so thinking that they are giving me the national CBS feed while the local is down, I tried to access it. I just get a 721-channel not purchased error.

I've gone to the website and had my authorizations re-sent, but no change. Didn't want to do a set reset because it was in the middle of recording something -- then I realized it was recording CBS Sunday Morning on the dead channel and getting me 90 minutes of the "Don't call us, we know the channel's down" screen, so I did a RBR and that made no difference, either.

Guess my only alternative is to run the telephone gauntlet and eventually talk to a real person ...
DirecTV customer since 1997
HR24-500, HR22-100
I don't do buddy/friends lists, don't ask.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   makaiguy

makaiguy

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 619 posts
  • LocationAiken, SC

Posted 14 February 2010 - 09:57 AM

HA!

WRDW is back on the air - can get it off-air and via cable again. Wish I'd known all I needed to do to fix it was post here -- I'd have done it yesterday :rolleyes:

DirecTV still showing the "Don't call" screen, but I expect it will be returned to normal shortly. (It came back in the time it took to type the above.)
DirecTV customer since 1997
HR24-500, HR22-100
I don't do buddy/friends lists, don't ask.

spam firewall