Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Full house On nick @ nite

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   pez2002

pez2002

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 22 September 2003 - 12:09 AM

Since when does Full house become a classic I Mean its the same plot over and over agian in that show I was so happy when they canceld it on ABC it was part of the original tgif Lineup i think it went something Like this

full house
Perfict strangers
Family matters
Boy meets world

We need shows we have not seen in awhile On nick @ nite not this unfunny Crap

Who wants to get a pettion to get full house off of Nick @ nites Playlist ???? I do
Mike
http://www.myspace.com/wnnnnnnnbc

xm sub as of/12/31/05

howard stern on xm channels 100-101 :)

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   jrjcd

jrjcd

Arcane Movie Trivia King

• Gold Members
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 22 September 2003 - 06:56 AM

These are the classics that nick will be feeding to my children's generation-kinda makes you ill....

i would make the same case for three's company-not really a very good show or even that consistantly funny, but there it is...

i suspect at the 20th annual tvland awards, we'll see a visably greying joyce dewitt and old codgers ed o neill and katy sagal remeniscing about those old classics they were in...
jrjcd(jack)-

"I've got a FEVER...and the ONLY prescription for it is MORE COWBELL!!!!"
Lengendary record producer Bruce Dickinson

#3 OFFLINE   dtcarson

dtcarson

Godfather

• Registered
  • 260 posts

Posted 22 September 2003 - 09:18 AM

Some of those shows are 'classics' [I think Three's Company and Married with Children are both classics; TC did have a racy subject for the time, and MWC helped build Fox], but I don't think either of them should be Nick at Nite/TVLand right now.
It seems like the timespan between original air and 'classic' status is vastly shrinking. When I first started watching Nick @ Nite, in about 92-93, I was watching stuff like Gidget, Patty Duke, Dobie Gillis, Car 54, Munsters, etc--stuff that was 25-30 years old, I guess, at that time. But TC, MWC, FH, went off the air, what, at most 15 years ago?

Not to mention, IMHO, it seems like overall, the newer the show, the more derivative, unoriginal, and unfunny it is. [I don't recall Patty Duke needing a laugh track, but it's all over these stupid shows.] Please, someone dispose of Bob Saget.
Don't Believe the Hype.

#4 OFFLINE   torque91

torque91

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 28 posts

Posted 30 September 2003 - 09:59 AM

I don't understand why Nick@Nite/TV Land are getting shows that are already in heavy syndication. Andy Griffith is a great show but it is on 20 other channels. Happy Days is on the Superstations all the time. When's the last time you said to yourself "sure haven't seen Gilligan's Island in a while"? Meanwhile, shows like Dennis the Menace, Good Times, What's Happening, Alice, Alf, and One Day at a Time have all but dissappeared. I know they can't show every show that everyone wants but they could at least show some programs that can't be found elsewhere. The Hallmark Channel (formerly Odyssey) was doing a pretty good job of filling the void a couple of years ago. Now they have nothing but MASH and Touched by an Angel.
That said, I am glad to see shows like Gidget and Mr. Ed back on TV Land.

#5 OFFLINE   Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 11,499 posts

Posted 02 October 2003 - 06:51 PM

I really miss Dragnet and Adam 12. I've seen every or nearly every episode of both series in the early 90s when they were played on Nick at Nite. Cable didn't have TV Land so I never had a chance to rewatch those shows during their TV Land prime.
Friends Don't Let Friends Subscribe To: Verizon Landline, Verizon DSL, Verizon Fios Phone, Verizon Fios Broadband, Verizon Fios TV, Verizon Wireless or Verizion Wireless Mobile Broadband
Keep America Beautiful, Ban Verizon From Your Home!
Down With Verizon!

#6 OFFLINE   Jacob S

Jacob S

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,657 posts

Posted 04 October 2003 - 10:43 PM

Dont forget Step by Step, that was part of the lineup later on and Perfect Strangers went out. Perfect Strangers was found on TVLand or Nick@Nite not long ago and Step by Step is on ABCFamily now and has been there for a while.

#7 OFFLINE   jrjcd

jrjcd

Arcane Movie Trivia King

• Gold Members
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 05 October 2003 - 10:02 AM

wasn't step by step the show with suzzane somers(and her two best acting assets), bobby ewing, and the other dallas star who was a wife beater????
jrjcd(jack)-

"I've got a FEVER...and the ONLY prescription for it is MORE COWBELL!!!!"
Lengendary record producer Bruce Dickinson

#8 OFFLINE   spinnaker

spinnaker

AllStar

• Registered
  • 91 posts

Posted 05 October 2003 - 10:54 AM

Since when does Full house become a classic I Mean its the same plot over and over agian in that show I was so happy when they canceld it on ABC it was part of the original tgif Lineup i think it went something Like this

full house
Perfict strangers
Family matters
Boy meets world

We need shows we have not seen in awhile On nick @ nite not this unfunny Crap

Who wants to get a pettion to get full house off of Nick @ nites Playlist ???? I do

I can't see how these shows ever made it to TV. At least the mentioned Three's Company had some visual appeal for the guys.

We shouldn't complain too much. Next thing you will know is that people will be bringing back What's Happening. Can you beleive that there are people trying to get this back on the air? http://whatshappening.tvheaven.com/

What happened to Green Acres?

What about quaily TV like St. Elsewhere?

#9 OFFLINE   Brett

Brett

Legend

• Registered
  • 240 posts

Posted 06 October 2003 - 03:11 AM

Most of the TGIF shows lasted because ABC was able to keep manageable ratings.
It was a time their only competition was CBS (which skewed to the much older demographics), and NBC and Fox (dont remember what they were airing on Fridays), but probably less detracting sources from: cable, internet, DVD, doing better things on Friday. ABC dropped TGIF after Sabrina moved to the WB, now recently added TGIF back. ABC didnt cancel any sitcoms last season, but just spread their sitcoms over 3 nights.

What's Happening the original episodes were funny. What's Happening Now, the newer version where Dee is grown up wasnt funny.

Good Times, the first season, is on DVD.

I'd like the Nick at Nite/TV Land to play the early episodes or the more popular episodes of shows and add/keep more shows on their lineups.

Speaking of ABC Family, I'm surprised ABC Family is keeping corny crap like 'Step By Step'. It must have been free carriage costs, or some demographic that's actually watching the reruns. They dropped 'Wonder Years' a better show, for Step By Step.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...