Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

ESPN Classic is for Premiere only?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   thestaton

thestaton

Legend

• Registered
  • 233 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 10:23 AM

I downgraded my package this week from Premiere to Choice Extra, and to my surprise I lost ESPN classic. I'm guessing this is a mistake?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Red Dog

Red Dog

Godfather

• Registered
  • 408 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 10:25 AM

It became part of the Sportspack when they moved ESPNU to Choice-X.

#3 OFFLINE   dishrich

dishrich

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,541 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 02:16 PM

Correct, so OP, just order the SP & you'll have it right back...

#4 OFFLINE   oldfantom

oldfantom

Icon

• Registered
  • 661 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 02:53 PM

Which leads to my directv gripe. There is only one place you can see channels in a comparison between packages, and it is a really poor interface. On the website, choose packages, channels (View & Print) and then go to the compare tab. Now that I have looked at for this thread, ESPN Classic is not even listed. Why can't they have pdf with the channels in each package, side by side?

http://www.directv.c...ageType=ENGLISH

#5 OFFLINE   Beerstalker

Beerstalker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,985 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 04:01 PM

Actually ESPN Classic is listed. For some reason it is listed as the first channel in the premiums section. The premiums section is mostly the movie channels HBO, Showtime, etc. but for some reason it also includes ESPN Classic, TVG, Outdoor Channel, CBS College Sports, Fox Soccer Channel, GOL TV, and Fox Sports Espanol. I thought maybe they were included because they were in the sports pack (which I guess would be concerned a premium package) but not all of those channels are in the sports pack. According to it TVG is in Choice Extra and up, and CBS College Sports is in Choice Ultimate and up.

#6 OFFLINE   dcowboy7

dcowboy7

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,593 posts
  • LocationPequannock, NJ

Posted 17 February 2010 - 04:28 PM

Which leads to my directv gripe. There is only one place you can see channels in a comparison between packages, and it is a really poor interface. On the website, choose packages, channels (View & Print) and then go to the compare tab. Now that I have looked at for this thread, ESPN Classic is not even listed. Why can't they have pdf with the channels in each package, side by side?

http://www.directv.c...ageType=ENGLISH

Because that would make way too much sense.

#7 OFFLINE   tyrok3k

tyrok3k

Legend

• Registered
  • 113 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 05:37 AM

It's not that easy to compare packages but Wikipedia has all the info you need.

Link

spam firewall