Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DIRECTV Application for iPhone 1.9.4 - Issues & Discussion

• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

#101 OFFLINE   Doom878

Doom878

AllStar

• Registered
  • 62 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 09:26 PM

Sorry if this is the wrong thread. Any news on iPhone steaming from the DVR?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#102 ONLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,822 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 09:47 PM

No news yet...
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#103 OFFLINE   Doom878

Doom878

AllStar

• Registered
  • 62 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 05:41 AM

Thanks. If I'm understanding correctly, Dish's application supports streaming from the DVR to iPhone via Wifi and 3G?

#104 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,339 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 19 September 2010 - 05:56 PM

It is quite hard to tell if something you're setting to record is on the HD channel. I believe it's the first one, but never sure. In the case of today, we were out and knew we wouldn't be back for the start of the game. If I accidentally recorded the SD version of the game, I'd suffer the wrath of the wife. Doing a search for Bengals did not show HD anywhere, including description. Even a 12 and 12-1 would have worked for me. I ended up doing it by channel and then saw the HD logo.

Is the first channel always going to be the HD version?

#105 OFFLINE   SockMonkey

SockMonkey

Icon

• Registered
  • 937 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 06:00 PM

It is quite hard to tell if something you're setting to record is on the HD channel. I believe it's the first one, but never sure. In the case of today, we were out and knew we wouldn't be back for the start of the game. If I accidentally recorded the SD version of the game, I'd suffer the wrath of the wife. Doing a search for Bengals did not show HD anywhere, including description. Even a 12 and 12-1 would have worked for me. I ended up doing it by channel and then saw the HD logo.

Is the first channel always going to be the HD version?

Although I agree with what you said about it being hard to tell the SD from HD channels, I am left questioning why you just don't set the Hide SD duplicates setting to ON in the app settings.

Signal: AU9 Slimline Dish/SWM-8/OTA

Receivers: HR22NC-100 w/AM-21 [CE:0x03A1] / HR20-700 [CE:0x03A8] / HR22-100 [CE:0x03A1]

See my full setup here.

#106 OFFLINE   mrfatboy

mrfatboy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 322 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 07:30 PM

I wish you could customize the channel list in this app. I don't need or want to look at all 1000 channels. I just want my 30 or so channels that I watch in my list.
DirecTV since '99, Grandfathered DNS Waivers for ABC, CBS, NBC, & Fox | HR24-500 | HR23-700 | Unsupported MRV

My Network Setup

My Computer Setup

#107 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,339 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 19 September 2010 - 07:42 PM

Although I agree with what you said about it being hard to tell the SD from HD channels, I am left questioning why you just don't set the Hide SD duplicates setting to ON in the app settings.

Ok, now I feel stupid. Either I forgot the options were there, or I didn't realize it. Though I also notice that it was set to show channels I get, and I saw the Sunday Ticket listing for the game when I was searching for it.

#108 OFFLINE   flipptyfloppity

flipptyfloppity

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 01:07 PM

I schedule most of my records (even series) from my phone, as the UI is faster and better.

But if I schedule two in close succession, it loses the 2nd one.

I just tried to set the series "BAtman: Brave and the Bold" and "Human Target" within the span of a minute. The 2nd one was not scheduled, I checked 30 minutes later and it wasn't there. I tried it a few minutes later and it worked.

This happened last week when scheduling a Grand-Am race (not series) to record and then an Indy Car (also not series) one. This one didn't come though in the timeframe of over a day.

Delaying record requests is understandable. Especially if it's a series where the first episode doesn't even show up for a week!

But dropping record requests is not acceptable.
room 1:
HR34-700 through Sony STR-DA5300ES amp to LG 55" LE8500 LCD flat panel via HDMI. Discrete OTA.

room 2:
On break. I thought I'd get something in time for baseball, but...

AU9 SWM dish. Channel Master 4228 for UHF + big yagi for VHF w/CM7777 combiner/amplifier.

Connected via wired GigE to Apple Time Capsule base station.

#109 OFFLINE   SockMonkey

SockMonkey

Icon

• Registered
  • 937 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 12:50 PM

Not sure if this has been requested yet, but one major feature we need added to this app is the ability to set the additional series recording options. I'm talking about number of recordings to keep, the type (first run, repeats, both), etc. This shouldn't be too difficult to add since you have to select if you want to record the series or just one episode. Look forward to having these options.

Thanks and Happy New Year!
Bob

Receivers: HR22NC-100 w/AM-21 [CE:0x03A1] / HR20-700 [CE:0x03A8] / HR22-100 [CE:0x03A1]

See my full setup here.

#110 OFFLINE   ibooksrule

ibooksrule

Godfather

• Registered
  • 435 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 04:22 PM

I agree that is a missing feature we need. Also would be nice to know if when I set something to record if there is a conflict just like the receiver tells me. Have had things conflicting and allot of the time it's a show that will repeat later. It's not often I have 3 things trying to record at once but I have missed things because the app did not tell me I had 2 scheduled recordings already.

Gosh 10 years ago who would have thought we would have an issue like this. I remember first getting a VCR and then a TiVo where I could record something and watch it later never even thought about having 3 things recording at once as an issue.

#111 OFFLINE   SockMonkey

SockMonkey

Icon

• Registered
  • 937 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 08:39 PM

Version 2.0.2 was just released in the app store. Unfortunately it seems that the major additions are useless (to me) Facebook and Twitter sharing options. I'd really like to see additional series recording settings (see my prior post) before this type of stuff.

See my full setup here.

#112 OFFLINE   Vinny

Vinny

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,094 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 08 March 2011 - 10:21 PM

What we really need is a DirecTV iPhone app similar to the new iPad app that has recently been released.

HR34-700(0x00805)|Networked: Yes via Deca hardwired to Actiontec MI424WR (FiOS)| OTA: No | DOD Enabled: Yes |Mediashare: TVersity |
HDTV: Panasonic Plasma TH-50PZ85U connected via Monster HDMI| Home Theater: Onkyo TX-LR552 connected via coax cable. Whole Home: Yes

HR20-700 (0x07EB)
|Networked: Yes via Deca| OTA: No | HDTV: Hitachi Plasma P42H401 connected via HDMI. Whole Home: Yes

AU9 Slimline | SWM|

#113 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,227 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 09 March 2011 - 03:24 AM

Looks like v2.0.2 was just released today. Some new features include integration with Facebook/Twitter and being able to pay your bill via the app.

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#114 OFFLINE   Combat Medic

Combat Medic

Legend

• Registered
  • 154 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 05:42 PM

I just tested this app over a VPN to my house. Everything worked as though I was in my bedroom. I know it is of limited use but will make slingbox easier.

spam firewall