Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Anniversary ...Gift?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   chicagojim

chicagojim

Legend

• Registered
  • 228 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 06:32 PM

At the risk of sounding ungreatful, Gamelounge has proven to be totally worthless. I fired it up shortly after finding out we received this gift and we played for about 30 minutes. That was it.

I mean, really, if you are paying over 150 bucks a month for satellite, you had better have a computer for playing games. Pogo is cheaper and beyond compare IMHO.

But, like I said, free is free so it was a value at 2x the price. Also, DTV is the only utility I have that even tries to give me anything for free. When is the last time Nicor, ComEd or Comcast ever comped you unasked???? :lol:
Go Cubs

New equipment after seven years . . .

HR34 to Sony KDS60A2000 , HR24 to 47" Vizio -
three C31s - Slimline 5 Dish - Swim 16 -CCK -
Networked via wireless & 1000BT, using Comcast – three switches, two routers Hotspot @ home and 4G Femto cell

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   Araxen

Araxen

Icon

• Registered
  • 782 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 06:42 PM

They gave me gamelounge too and I complained that it's worthless(which it is, the DVR boxes are too slow) and they gave me $5 off my bill for the next 3 months(which isn't worthless).
If it ain't in HD, it ain't worth watching!
PSN: Araxen - Xbox: Gamertag: Araxen II - Steam: Araxen - WiiU: Araxen

#23 OFFLINE   David MacLeod

David MacLeod

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,689 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 06:50 PM

waah 8 yrs an NOTHING for an anniversary gift EVER. only 1 late payment proven to be due to an error on their end.
Dave MacLeod
S.I.H.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...