Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

ViP722K - L6.56 Software Experiences/Bugs Discuss

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   slickshoes

slickshoes

Legend

• Registered
  • 252 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 21 March 2010 - 12:20 PM

6.58 guide preference still sticks, but the split second audio interuptions via HDMI to my Onkyo are still there...

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   GaryReno

GaryReno

• Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 03:16 PM

I seem to be noticing a couple seconds of audio drop-out after hitting skip-forward or -back on 6.56

Same here.

#23 OFFLINE   cummingsje

cummingsje

AllStar

• Registered
  • 59 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 04:42 AM

Soon after 6.58 had two recordings that showed 1hr 4 min and stopped about a 1/4 of the way through. One was OTA and the other satellite. I did hard and soft reboot so hopefully it won't happen again.

#24 OFFLINE   GaryReno

GaryReno

• Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 02:09 PM

I seem to be noticing a couple seconds of audio drop-out after hitting skip-forward or -back on 6.56

Same with 6.58 I received yesterday.

#25 OFFLINE   Keybounce

Keybounce

Legend

• Registered
  • 130 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 11:01 PM

Software 6.58
Single mode.

Problem: Not using all the space when nearly full and recording stops

Symptoms: 1. I get messages on screen saying that the recording cannot continue because the disk is full, and there is anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes of space left.

2. Tonight, recording "It's a mad mad mad mad world", the recording stopped with enough unused space to show 3 h 30 minutes of normal def space, 52 minutes of Supernatural (still in progress), and 6 minutes of Vampire Diaries. VD stopped, along with MMMMW, because of disk full. (In fairness, I didn't realize MMMMW was HD, or space would not have been a problem).

The point here, is that both recordings could have continued.

3. Oddly, and I don't understand this: MMMMW shows up as deleted for disk full in the history log, but also shows as present in the list of recorded programs.

4. Hmm. VD shows 6 minutes from 8:54 to 9:00, not 8:00 to 8:06. Something is wrong here -- is seems that MMMMW recorded twice, on both tuners; when it filled up, it stopped both, and deleted one. The problem is that I only got a "Will not record" for Daily show/Colbert report, and NOT for Vampire Diaries; checking the schedule earlier showed that MMMMW and VD were to record. At no point did I get a "will not record" for VD.

#26 OFFLINE   Keybounce

Keybounce

Legend

• Registered
  • 130 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 02:21 PM

6.58, single mode

The skip back button does not always skip back 7-10 seconds. I've seen it skip back 30-90 seconds, as well as all the way to the start of the program.

#27 OFFLINE   Keybounce

Keybounce

Legend

• Registered
  • 130 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 02:28 PM

6.58 does not move forward or backwards correctly in slow motion (1/4th and 1/15th speed) mode. Backwards is much, much worse.

The problem seems to be primarily either at the very start, or at the very end. When I hit pause, the next time I try to slow forward, or play forward, there is a noticeable jump before playback resumes (jump is usually, but not always, forward). Equally, switching from play to pause, and then slow forward also triggers this jump.

Rewinding in slow motion is a different problem altogether. Playback drops almost all frames, and winds up jumping very large gaps when I try to go either to "normal" speed backwards, or back to normal play.

#28 OFFLINE   BobaBird

BobaBird

EKB Editor

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,022 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 08:16 PM

Time to split some posts off to a new L658 thread.
Charles @dishuser - a dynamic employee of Massive Veridian
Visit the EchoStar Knowledge Base
"The other guys charge $9.95/month to use tapeless record" - Dish Network Tech Forum, 8-6-01
"dual" is NOT the same as "Twin" - here's why

#29 OFFLINE   Keybounce

Keybounce

Legend

• Registered
  • 130 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 11:16 PM

6.58:

When you are done watching a recorded show, if you actually just say "delete", then the recorder forgets where you are in the list of shows and goes back to the top. To delete the show without losing track of where you are, you need to say done (to go back to the list), select ( to get to the actions for the show), delete (which now returns you to the list of shows without losing track of where you are).

#30 OFFLINE   langlin

langlin

Godfather

• Registered
  • 369 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 02:12 PM

Just a note that this bug is still there in 6.58....and it will also freeze the signal stream when you "restore" from the EHD as it erases at that time. This has ssure been there a long time.

Our viewing process is to record all new episodes of favorite shows and transfer them to the EHD (a 500 Gb WD) and all nighttime viewing is off the EHD while the 722k continues to record new shows. This works well for us because anytime we have the time to sit down and watch, we have a new, unwatched episode of a favorite show to watch. BUT here's what I discovered:

1. When you erase a recording from the EHD it freezes one or more of the digital streams in the 722k receiver.

2. By using the PIP you can view two of the streams and after the erasure on the EHD one or both will freeze. (doesn't matter if it is a satellite tuner or an OTA tuner)

3. If you are recording one of those streams the recording will be of the frozen screen and no sound from the time you erased until the end of the recording time.

4. Any change will then unfreeze the stream, i.e channel change, power off and on, etc. It is not necessary to reboot so the work around is to NOT erase a show on the EHD while the 722k is recording.
Sending pictures through the air is impossible, Television will never work!

Leon
Dish VIP722K
SW L6.62 Sat 1000 and 500 61.5/110/119/129
AbsoluteHD
Monitor Toshiba TW65x81 Component and Samsung HL-T7288W
Other Dish VIP612 SW L6.09

#31 OFFLINE   Keybounce

Keybounce

Legend

• Registered
  • 130 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 11:01 AM

6.58, single mode.

This morning, I am unable to record a show that is in the live TV buffer.

Details: I filled my disk up to about 4 minutes of SD time left. Both tuners were on History HD; one with 33 minutes of buffer (back to the start of the episode), and the other with a full hour. A show that was supposed to record on History HD was not recording.

I deleted a 30 minute SD show, and marked a 60 minute HD show as deletable. I then tried to record from the full hour tuner. I selected "Record entire event". The red recording light on the front of the box went on, but the show did not show up in the list of DVR shows.

I then deleted the 60 minute HD show, and tried to record from the other tuner. This time, I rewound to the beginning, and did "record from here". Still no error message, the light stayed on, but did not show up in the recording list.

The time available has not gone down; nothing is being saved to the hard drive. Yet I cannot force something to record.

#32 OFFLINE   Keybounce

Keybounce

Legend

• Registered
  • 130 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 12:09 PM

In fact, it's worse -- I just discovered (at 10:58) that a 10:00 to 11:00 show -- that gave me the "2 minute countdown" back at 9:58 -- did NOT record. Both tuners still had the history channel, and trying to change the station on the second tuner (by first activating pip so I could see both, and then changing the channel on the second) brought up a "This will cancel the recording" notice.

The problem? Back at 9:58, I did that, got the warning, changed channels (which should have canceled the recording and freed up the tuner for the DVR recordings), and it didn't work then

It is even worse now. An 11:00 recording was not recording at 11:03. So, I tried what I thought was foolproof:
1. Activate pip.
2. Make the second tuner (not showing what i'm watching) the primary.
3. Change the channel (channel-up). "This will stop the recording and switch to live mode". Good.
4. Enter the channel number I wanted to record on. "This will cancel the pip mode". (Odd). Say yes.
5. Find that the "first" tuner (that I had just changed channel on, and no longer had any recording active ... right?) was still on that same channel, and now was the second tuner. The other tuner -- that had been showing the (45 minute behind) show that I was watching live was used to change channel.

6. Now that both tuners had had their channel changed, there was STILL nothing recording, and the recording light was still on. And, this "Changing channels will cancel the recording in progress" status was still active.

Next step: Reboot, and let it reset itself.

#33 OFFLINE   jmillecpa

jmillecpa

Mentor

• Registered
  • 36 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 11:39 PM

This is the same issue that has been a problem I have experienced and commented on several times here since I got the 722K 6 months ago. Programs show a full recorded time but the acutal recording available for replay stops early.

Today I was out and could not watch the Masters Golf Tournement so I recorded the full 5 hours plus and extra hour over in case of a playoff. When I watched it this evening it showed six hours and one minue recorded but the recording skipped to the end after one hour.

This is very frustrating it seems to happen on the big events that I want to watch the most.

#34 OFFLINE   TulsaOK

TulsaOK

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 08:56 AM

When I watched it this evening it showed six hours and one minue recorded but the recording skipped to the end after one hour.

After it jumps to the end, have you tried reversing back to where it jumped? Not skip back, but FF-Rev.
<span style='font-size: 10px;'>“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.”<br /> - John Wayne</span><br /><br />Avatar: Tanner 1992 - 2009

#35 OFFLINE   Keybounce

Keybounce

Legend

• Registered
  • 130 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 12:27 PM

This morning at 12:30 am, I had a show on a timer to record. There was a signal outage, and it was not recorded.

At 3:30 am, the show was repeated. But the repeat was not recorded. Even though the 12:30 could not record, the 6.58 did not schedule the 3:30 showing.

(Part 6 of a 13 part series, and this was the second time around. Netflix doesn't have it available either.)

#36 OFFLINE   jmillecpa

jmillecpa

Mentor

• Registered
  • 36 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 08:26 PM

After it jumps to the end, have you tried reversing back to where it jumped? Not skip back, but FF-Rev.

You can't reverse back it skips to the end and immediately goes back to the beginning. I had the same problem with another program Sunday morning same senario.[/I]

#37 OFFLINE   TulsaOK

TulsaOK

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 10:48 PM

Too bad, that's worked for me in the past.
<span style='font-size: 10px;'>“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.”<br /> - John Wayne</span><br /><br />Avatar: Tanner 1992 - 2009

#38 OFFLINE   Keybounce

Keybounce

Legend

• Registered
  • 130 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 01:45 PM

We had a snow outage yesterday. A lot of shows did not record because of signal issues.

Problem #1: They were not automatically rescheduled for the next showing; those were still marked as "duplicate", and not recorded. (This is for "all episodes" or "new episodes").

Problem #2: Today, at 12:20, I turned on my TV. The "idle" screen was displayed. I hit select to wake up the DVR, and found that two shows were recording -- and had just started recording at 12:20.

Both were supposed to start at 12 noon. One was on the wrong channel.

To make matters stranger, I found out -- after stopping the recordings -- that there were 20 minutes recorded of both shows, on the correct channels. For some reason, it recorded 20 minutes of both, then stopped, and turned itself off -- and this happened to be when I came by and turned on my TV. Yes, I had recording space left.

Why did it record 20 minutes on research, and then switch to the lowest numbered local station on one tuner, and record 20 minutes of animal planet, and leave it on animal planet on the other tuner? No idea. Equally, no idea why it decided to resume recording on both, or why it even interrupted the recordings.

#39 OFFLINE   Keybounce

Keybounce

Legend

• Registered
  • 130 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 01:47 PM

Shows that are already recorded are being recorded a second time.

This is not a case of "It recorded once earlier this week". This is "It recorded two months ago, and is still in the DVR, and is being recorded again".

This happens on LOTS of shows. No, I did not say to record all showings including duplicates. On some shows, some episodes won't re-record, saying "already in DVR", and some episodes will re-record.

Edited by Keybounce, 22 April 2010 - 01:58 PM.

#40 OFFLINE   Keybounce

Keybounce

Legend

• Registered
  • 130 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 01:48 PM

Side by side pip mode makes both windows too large.

The left edge of the left window is clipped. The right edge of the right window is clipped.

spam firewall