Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Choice Ultimate + HD + DVR

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   MountainMan10

MountainMan10

Icon

• Registered
  • 606 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 07:29 AM

I have lifetime DVR. So no charge for my DVR service.

In the past when I have made any change to my programming or pretty much even talked to a CSR they have "Upgraded" my package from Choice Xtra to Choice Xtra + HD + DVR in order to "Save" me money. This change of course is a $3 per month increase. This has been discussed at length in a different thread. When this happens it is a royal pain to get it fixed. The good part is it usually involves a few extra credits for the hassle.

My question is this. I am considering upgrading to Choice Ultimate. But I do not want to get bumped into Choice Ultimate + HD + DVR and end up paying for my DVR service.

The website no longer shows an HD + DVR option. Does this mean that it no longer exists? Or will I be automatically be forced into a hidden package in order to "save" money?

Has anyone with Lifetime DVR tried changing their package since the new pricing?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   canesice

canesice

AllStar

• Registered
  • 68 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 08:11 AM

I switched to choice ultimate from premium. I was told by the CSR that none of the current packages include HD or DVR, and those are now both stanadalone options..

#3 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,427 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 23 February 2010 - 08:13 AM

I haven't changed anything on my account since the new pricing went into effect, but since they no longer have those combined packages, I would think the issue is over and you should be good to go.

I'm sure Directv can't wait to get their hands on your unit.

Directv customer since 2000

#4 OFFLINE   Ira Lacher

Ira Lacher

Icon

• Registered
  • 823 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 08:39 AM

It is my impression that if you have the Choice XTra + HD + DVR package you can keep it but if you change in any direction you will be charged the DVR and HD fee.
-- Ira

================================================
"There are no solutions to complex problems" -- Stan Littman, longtime social studies teacher at The Bronx High School of Science

spam firewall