Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

DIRECTV Transponder Map: Data of 3/20/10

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
47 replies to this topic

#1 ONLINE   Gary Toma

Gary Toma

UNIX

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,887 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 03:40 PM

The attachments to this post cover all U.S. DIRECTV Channels and Transponders, CONUS (Continental U.S. or National beams) and LIL (Local Into Local or Spot beams). Periodically, OTA (Over The Air) channel information is provided.

Directv-Latin America provides satellite coverage for the Caribbean, Mexico, Central America and South America; Directv-LA data is separate and not included here.

A single Excel document provides all the CONUS and LIL data for DIRECTV Satellites at the 72.5W, 95W, 99W, 101W, 103W, 110W and 119W positions.

Three supplemental documents are also provided:

• A Network-Market-DMA Networklist cross-reference sheet. This information is particularly useful in understanding the LIL data.

• A Network Decoder map showing the satellites and transponders graphically as they appear on your receiver's signal strength display.

• A Channel Distribution Chart showing the number of CONUS and LIL channels provided by each satellite.
All documents are fully unprotected so you may copy and use the data as you wish.

Edited by gct, 20 March 2010 - 07:58 PM.
Updated All Attachments to 3/20/10 Capture

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 ONLINE   Gary Toma

Gary Toma

UNIX

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 1,887 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 03:44 PM

Thanks again to doctor j!!

#3 OFFLINE   clueless

clueless

Legend

• Registered
  • 143 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 04:08 PM

Maybe I'm missing something but I don't see the spotbeam info for the stations in the Charleston-Huntington WV DMA (WSAZ, WCHS, etc.)

#4 OFFLINE   krock918316

krock918316

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,499 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 04:13 PM

What is DirecTV 14? Is that a new Sat?

#5 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,918 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 23 February 2010 - 06:38 PM

Future one.

#6 OFFLINE   Sixto

Sixto

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,022 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 06:43 PM

The only future DirecTV satellites mentioned in approved or pending FCC documents have been labeled RB-1, RB-2 ...

During the D12 launch, there was a reference to DirecTV-14, which may just be another name for the first RB-x satellite.

There are no build contracts signed for any new satellite that we're aware of (publicly announced). Was also confirmed during the recent analyst call last week,
DirecTV: Genie, H25, CCK, GenioGo, SWiM-16 & SWiM-8, DECA to Gigabit Switch with FiOS (75/35)
FiOS: Roamio Pro's (2), Roamio Plus, Mini's (4) with Ultimate HD (My Roamio Thoughts)

#7 ONLINE   Gary Toma

Gary Toma

UNIX

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 1,887 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 09:05 PM

Maybe I'm missing something but I don't see the spotbeam info for the stations in the Charleston-Huntington WV DMA (WSAZ, WCHS, etc.)

Clueless, you are definitely NOT clueless -

You are right! I am missing all the LIL (spot beam) information for each of the LIL Network Numbers between 541 and 576.

I have sent a PM to doctor j asking him to try to bring up another bucket out of the well. Looks like his last bucket had leaks...

#8 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,918 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 23 February 2010 - 09:22 PM

:)

#9 ONLINE   doctor j

doctor j

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,439 posts
  • LocationBirmingham, Al.

Posted 24 February 2010 - 01:11 PM

New Data Soon!
Too excited about D-12 to check full data set as I usually do!:eek::eek::eek:

Will get update or entire set this PM.
Wednesday is a good day to check re: NEW Info!

Doctor j

MFH-2 System : 2 Major Viewing Areas. 2 x HR20-700's & H21 in each area via E2/SWM-8. Hardwire gigabit switch to 30 mb/sec internet.

#10 ONLINE   Gary Toma

Gary Toma

UNIX

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 1,887 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 10:06 PM

Doctor J provided a complete new stack of all the TPN data, so here's the full dataset updated as of 2/24/10.

If anyone finds missing LIL Network data, please let us know.

The 'Channel Count' document has been updated in line with the corrected TPN Map information.

AND - Messr 'Clueless': Thanks for keeping all of us honest!

#11 OFFLINE   Go Beavs

Go Beavs

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,346 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR DMA

Posted 24 February 2010 - 11:36 PM

I've got a question...

I'm in the Portland DMA which is network 661 on the network list. In the transponder map there are Boise, ID channels mixed in with the Portland channels. Both show the network as 661. Boise, ID channels are on network 535 and show up there in the transponder maps. They are the exact same channels as are mixed in with the Portland channels.

So can anyone explain what is happening here? Is this related to an issue with the iPhone/iPod touch scheduler app that lists all those Boise channels with my regular ones for my zip code?

Thanks for any responses. :) I'm a little confused by this...

Genie, Hx2x, nomad
D* customer since Oct '99

#12 ONLINE   doctor j

doctor j

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,439 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 08:23 AM

I've got a question...

I'm in the Portland DMA which is network 661 on the network list. In the transponder map there are Boise, ID channels mixed in with the Portland channels. Both show the network as 661. Boise, ID channels are on network 535 and show up there in the transponder maps. They are the exact same channels as are mixed in with the Portland channels.

So can anyone explain what is happening here? Is this related to an issue with the iPhone/iPod touch scheduler app that lists all those Boise channels with my regular ones for my zip code?

Thanks for any responses. :) I'm a little confused by this...

I don't know for certain,but it is related to "significantly viewed" channels.
There are several (12 or 13) DMA markets that are like this. I also think it relates to spot beams and larger or fringe areas such that one set seen by some counties and others seen by adjacent counties.

Eastern Oregon and Idaho are like that if you look at DMA maps.

http://www.truckads....ortland.htm#map

Doctor j

MFH-2 System : 2 Major Viewing Areas. 2 x HR20-700's & H21 in each area via E2/SWM-8. Hardwire gigabit switch to 30 mb/sec internet.

#13 ONLINE   doctor j

doctor j

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,439 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 11:19 AM

Doctor J provided a complete new stack of all the TPN data, so here's the full dataset updated as of 2/24/10.

If anyone finds missing LIL Network data, please let us know.

The 'Channel Count' document has been updated in line with the corrected TPN Map information.

AND - Messr 'Clueless': Thanks for keeping all of us honest!

Checked TWICE!?
I Think it's complete.:joy:

Doctor j

#14 OFFLINE   clueless

clueless

Legend

• Registered
  • 143 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 03:55 PM

Thanks

#15 OFFLINE   Go Beavs

Go Beavs

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,346 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 05:59 PM

I don't know for certain,but it is related to "significantly viewed" channels.
There are several (12 or 13) DMA markets that are like this. I also think it relates to spot beams and larger or fringe areas such that one set seen by some counties and others seen by adjacent counties.

Eastern Oregon and Idaho are like that if you look at DMA maps.

http://www.truckads....ortland.htm#map

Doctor j

OK, I think I understand. So if you are in Malhuer County, which borders Idaho, and your locals are technically out of Boise, you may still be able to watch your home state locals out of Portland and that's why Boise's are mixed in with network 661 (the Portland DMA)?

Am I undertanding this correctly?

Thanks for all the work you guys do compiling this information. :) There's a lot of stuff in there!

Genie, Hx2x, nomad

#16 ONLINE   doctor j

doctor j

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,439 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 02:37 PM

OK, I think I understand. So if you are in Malhuer County, which borders Idaho, and your locals are technically out of Boise, you may still be able to watch your home state locals out of Portland and that's why Boise's are mixed in with network 661 (the Portland DMA)?

Am I undertanding this correctly?

Thanks for all the work you guys do compiling this information. :) There's a lot of stuff in there!

This is the link:

http://www.directv.c...assetId=1200076

Try some zips in your area and report results.
I don't know the region to try any of the "overlap" markets.

Doctor j

#17 ONLINE   doctor j

doctor j

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,439 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 02:50 PM

Go Beavs:

I don't fully understand the geography,however if you search Portland DMA No HD Locals, You get Boise ID ,7 channels only in Grant County. Not Bakir or Malheur which are more "border" counties.

At any rate ,yes there are Porland DMA counties that receive Boise ID channels.
One or the other or both I don't know.

Doctor j

#18 OFFLINE   Go Beavs

Go Beavs

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,346 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 12:59 AM

This is the link:

http://www.directv.c...assetId=1200076

Try some zips in your area and report results.
I don't know the region to try any of the "overlap" markets.

Doctor j

No zip codes in my area report any results. I live in SW Washington and wouldn't expect to get any channels but Portland. Not sure why Boise's and Portland's show up on my iPhone app channel guide??

Go Beavs:

I don't fully understand the geography,however if you search Portland DMA No HD Locals, You get Boise ID ,7 channels only in Grant County. Not Bakir or Malheur which are more "border" counties.

At any rate ,yes there are Porland DMA counties that receive Boise ID channels.
One or the other or both I don't know.

Doctor j

OK thanks, it looks like it's just Grant county in E. Oregon. Not sure why Malheur and Baker counties don't qualify as they are closer??? I guess someone there must have been able to receive Boise locals with a big roof top OTA antenna at one time...

Thanks for your time on this. I appreciate it. :righton:

Genie, Hx2x, nomad

#19 OFFLINE   tkrandall

tkrandall

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,795 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 03:35 PM

So, what is up with Spaceway-1? Why has it been more or less off-lined?

Has this not put a greater demand on SW-2, D-10 and D-11 for spot beams, and thereby perhaps had some impact on the CONUS HD channel capacity off of D-10 and D-11? (lack of new HD channels for so long)

#20 OFFLINE   mrantenna

mrantenna

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 10:02 AM

Are the Philadelphia channels (SD) on 101 spot-beamed or conus?

Protected By... spam firewall...And...