Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

DIRECTV Transponder Map: Data of 3/20/10

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
47 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   EnemyNSA

EnemyNSA

• Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 10:30 AM

Okay, bear with me :)

I've been trying to read through the excel file.. and having no luck so far.

We are based out here in Los Angeles, CA and are having trouble at one of our properties receiving channels 9 and 13 in HD. The SD versions come in fine.

I'm trying to locate what sat/transponder these two channels come in on. From what I've seen, LA HD Locals 2/4/7/11 (CBS, NBC, ABC, FOX) come in off DirecTV 10. I can't seem to find any data of where Channel 9 (KCAL?) and Channel 13 (Was UPN.. now.. MyNetwork I think?) are coming from.

Thanks in advance :)

Paul

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   Gary Toma

Gary Toma

UNIX

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 1,911 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 06:21 PM

Okay, bear with me :)

We are based out here in Los Angeles, CA and are having trouble at one of our properties receiving channels 9 and 13 in HD. The SD versions come in fine.

I'm trying to locate what sat/transponder these two channels come in on. From what I've seen, LA HD Locals 2/4/7/11 (CBS, NBC, ABC, FOX) come in off DirecTV 10. I can't seem to find any data of where Channel 9 (KCAL?) and Channel 13 (Was UPN.. now.. MyNetwork I think?) are coming from.
Paul

Paul,
Please go back to the TPN Map in Excel, then scroll your way down to Network #624, which is the Los Angeles DMA.

For Channel 9:

• The second line entry for Network 624 is for KCAL, Channel 9. This is the HD channel, provided by TPN 19 on D10.
  • The Last line entry for Network 624 is for LA9, which is also Channel 9. The two character prefix to the number (LA9) indicates this is your SD version of Channel 9, KCAL. This SD channel is provided by TPN 28 on D4S which is at 101WL.
For channel 13:

• The fifth line entry for Network 624 is for KCOP, Channel 13. This is the HD channel, provided by TPN 19 on D10.
  • Further down, you will see an entry for LA13, which is the SD version of KCOP, provided by TPN 28 on D4S.
Note that most of your HD locals (ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX) are provided by D11 at 99WL. Your troubles seem to be receiving channels provided by D10 at 103WL.

A best guess fix is pretty straightforward: the most probable fault is mis-alignment of the dish, with a far lesser probability of a faulty or failing LNB.

#43 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,987 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 30 March 2010 - 07:11 PM

Perhaps posting a few screen-shots with signal for each sat would be helpful to troubleshoot.

#44 OFFLINE   EnemyNSA

EnemyNSA

• Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 09:04 AM

Ah ha! Thank you.

It's all a lot more clear knowing where to look (Sorry!)

We are going to head back to that building and take a look at that sat/transponder now. I had wondering if somehow those channels were coming of 119, as we cannot see that sat from the rooftop (large building in the way). But from what I've read they are removing all the HD programming left (channel 70's right?) in a couple of days.

#45 OFFLINE   Sixto

Sixto

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,141 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 10:56 AM

Be interesting to see what gets moved to the 110° satellite (with 6 HD MPEG2 removed).
DirecTV: Genie HR44, H25, CCK, GenioGo, SWiM-16 & SWiM-8, DECA to Gigabit Switch with FiOS (75/75)
FiOS: Roamio Pro's (2), Roamio Plus, Mini's (4) with Ultimate HD (My Roamio Thoughts)

#46 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 32,043 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 11:24 AM

Be interesting to see what gets moved to the 110° satellite (with 6 HD MPEG2 removed).

Hopefully all the special shopping channels.....

It would sure be a shame if I couldn't get those for some reason.... :D
DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

#47 OFFLINE   jefbal99

jefbal99

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,838 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 12:25 PM

Hopefully all the special shopping channels.....

It would sure be a shame if I couldn't get those for some reason.... :D

very unlikely as SL3 and SL3S can't see 110 or 119. No core programming, SD or HD can be on 110/119.
Receiving Equipment: AU9 Slimline w/Zinwell WB68 & SWM 8 | Winegard MS-2000 w/PS-1503 Power Injector
Living Room: HR22-100 w/AM-21 | Samsung HL-S4266W (HDMI) | Ethernet MRV | Pioneer HTS-GS1 5.1 | Yamaha DV-S6160 (Component/Digital Coaxial)
Bedroom: H21-200 w/AM-21 | Westinghouse LVM-42w2 (HDMI) | Ethernet MRV
Home Theatre: HR20-100 | Sanyo PLV-Z60 (Component/Optical) | Flexio 16:9 100" Screen | Ethernet MRV |Yamaha YHT-690 | XBox 360 (Component) | Harmony 880

#48 OFFLINE   Gary Toma

Gary Toma

UNIX

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 1,911 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 10:17 PM

Please see the new 4/4/10 TPN Map thread with the most current data.

Thanks!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...