Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Need a Guide Channel for a Hotel

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   AntAltMike

AntAltMike

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,834 posts
  • LocationCollege Park MD (just outside Wash, DC)

Posted 24 February 2010 - 08:33 AM

200 -300 units, 50 or so analog DirecTV channels, and about a dozen broadcast digital channels. Who can furnish me with one? This is a small chain of about a dozen hotels and I probably will sell half a dozen to them if I find a good product.

We'll eventually be going with Pro:Idiom, but NACE just told me that the Pro"Idiom doesn't develop a giude channel at present.

Edited by AntAltMike, 25 February 2010 - 02:56 AM.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   doctor j

doctor j

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,438 posts
  • LocationBirmingham, Al.

Posted 24 February 2010 - 09:39 AM

Com1000 is supposed to have a software update in the next few months and WILL have guide channel.
Com 1000 is a pro-idiom front-end.
PDI-SAT has some "deals" as of 3 weeks ago.

Doctor j

MFH-2 System : 2 Major Viewing Areas. 2 x HR20-700's & H21 in each area via E2/SWM-8. Hardwire gigabit switch to 30 mb/sec internet.

#3 OFFLINE   woodybeetle

woodybeetle

Legend

• Registered
  • 138 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 07:07 PM

We use a product out of canada from a company called DSI, its analog, we feed it into a QAM modulator and demod it through the tv tuner in the room. Call me if you need more info. Dan 850-291-1414
Daniel D. Corum
DDCESI/Idiot Proof Television

#4 OFFLINE   HDS&C

HDS&C

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 12:45 PM

I support a product HotelE-Guide that turns a revenue for the property with advertising. I would be happy to discuss it with you. contact my office HDsolutionsandconsultinginc.com

#5 OFFLINE   bigglebowski

bigglebowski

Legend

• Registered
  • 221 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:39 PM

We use a product out of canada from a company called DSI, its analog, we feed it into a QAM modulator and demod it through the tv tuner in the room. Call me if you need more info. Dan 850-291-1414

Have used DSI stuff too they make good "house" channel type products too where you build pages of content that loop on one of your channels. Their stuff is pricey but you can use your own PC hardware.

Also Tribune Media has a service for this. If you dont have an IP connection you can hook it up to a phone line as it only downloads a small file for every 2 weeks worth of data.

Ive not seen it used for channel guide yet but LG is rolling out a product called pro:centric that will end up replacing their FMA devices that are used to program the TVs in hotels. They will do channel guide, basic weather and can build custom pages for the hotel or advertise local restaurants etc... This will be in all their new sets but I think it is backwards compatible with some of their older sets.

http://www.lgsolutio...on-brochure.pdf

Edited by bigglebowski, 24 May 2012 - 01:48 PM.

#6 OFFLINE   Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson

6EQUJ5 WOW!

• Moderators
  • 13,914 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 02:33 PM

This is an old thread. I'm going to close it. If the Thread Starter needs more info I may re-open it.

Mike

µß
Since it costs 2.4¢ to produce a penny, my 2¢ worth is really 4.8¢ worth.  That 4.8¢ is my own and not the 4.8¢ of DIRECTV, Dish, or anyone else for that matter.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...