Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR2x and R22 0x03A8: Issues Only

• Please log in to reply
158 replies to this topic

#126 OFFLINE   ATARI

ATARI

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 06:26 PM

HR21-100 Ox3a8 from 3/9/10. I keep the front light ring turned off and it has been coming back on at least once a day. I'm unable to re-dim it until a new RBR. I thought it was starting to malfunction but now see a lot of folks are getting spontaneous reboots. I don't think it started after the latest release but rather in the last 9-10 days.

I don't seem to have any other issues like others have reported and I have not seen the actual reboots. Is there anything else that would explain the light ring reactivating 1-2 times a day?

It's rebooting -- that causes the lights to come back on.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#127 OFFLINE   JohnDG

JohnDG

Legend

• Registered
  • 217 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 08:30 AM

VOD SD preventing record scheduling of a broadcast HD showing.

See thread http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=175821

jdg

#128 OFFLINE   alexcomp

alexcomp

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 04:13 PM

I've been hasslin with dtv as I'm getting lag times as long as 10 seconds bringing up a guide or what have you - same on both boxes and happened about the time of the firmware upgrade.

I'VE COMPLAINED BUT THEY DON'T CARE!

I do understand that satellite is going to be slower than cable but it used to be much better. Anybody else bent out of shape over this?

Am I missing something? Is there something I can do? I can't believe that they can just sit there and ignore such horrible performance. Sometimes I just holler at the screen it's so slow. Wife thinks I'm nuts.

#129 OFFLINE   Syzygy

Syzygy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 10:30 PM

alexcomp: Try getting D* to lease you an HR24 (when they're available in your area) or find one in a store (eventually) and get D* to help pay for it.
Frank TiVangelist since Aug 1999, HD since Dec 2002, DirecTV since Aug 2004, DECA/MRV since Nov 2010
HR24-100 > HDMI > Pio 5020FD plasma
HR24-100 > HDMI > Sony KV30HS420 tube

DirecTV & Dish HD Channel Spreadsheet
DirecTV & Dish HD Channels Listed by Package

#130 OFFLINE   Ernie

Ernie

AllStar

• Registered
  • 66 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 01:33 AM

Issue: Changing record additional time and record next show on same channel fails

Dump: 20100420-3D6B

The record attempts show up in the history as "The showing was canceled because of an unexpected error. (3/0/)".

The "SAVE CHANGES" button wouldn't work after changing the overage time from 30 minutes to one hour. (The 30 minutes overage was set with the automatic detection a live action sports)

#131 OFFLINE   captainjrl

captainjrl

Legend

• Registered
  • 163 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 08:33 AM

HR21 rebooted again
Living Room: HR21-700 w/ 2TB green WD in an Antec MX-1
Master Bedroom: HR24-500
Kids Room: R15-100
Kids Room: HR20-100

#132 OFFLINE   webshot

webshot

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 10:32 AM

My new issues since upgrade...

No more Caller ID
Screen Saver comes on and sound cuts out after a while.

#133 ONLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,371 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 24 April 2010 - 06:51 PM

When trying to record HD movies from the guide on Starz, that are also available via OnDemand, you CAN NOT record it. It tells you the movie is available and Play Now or Watch Later. However, the movie is in SD and not available in HD. It WILL NOT let you record the HD version.

Try and record The Proposal tonight & you'll see it won't let you. It forces you to view in SD. This is a major design flaw.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#134 OFFLINE   Syzygy

Syzygy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 09:46 PM

A couple of days ago I noticed the blue ring was on, although I had turned it off. There was no eveidence of a reboot, but I suppose that must've been the reason.

The strange thing is that I couldn't get the blue ring to dim and turn off any longer, as it usually does when you simultaneously press the Left and Right buttons on the HR21's front panel. I did a RBR and several hours after that I tried again to dim the ring, several times, but still no results.

Then, just before typing this, I tried one more time and it worked. The ring is off now. Go figure. (I was in Live TV mode each time I tried — although dimming also works when paused in a recording.)

Edited by Syzygy, 24 April 2010 - 10:06 PM.

Frank TiVangelist since Aug 1999, HD since Dec 2002, DirecTV since Aug 2004, DECA/MRV since Nov 2010

#135 OFFLINE   dcandmc

dcandmc

Legend

• Registered
  • 302 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 08:38 PM

I have three HR20-700s, all running on 0x3a8. Over the past several weeks I've noticed that all three units have problems with trick play; specifically, severe audio drop outs and/or stuttering video after using the rewind or skip back functions. It seems to have gotten worse recently, to the point that rewinding is completely frustrating. It usually takes a minute or two to get the problems "out of the system," after which things return to normal (until the next time I rewind or skip back).

As this is happening with all three of my DVRs, I have to think that the problem is systemic. Does anyone know if there's a fix in sight?

#136 OFFLINE   etexlady

etexlady

AllStar

• Registered
  • 61 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 07:39 PM

My HR20-100 has rebooted twice in the last hour and a half. Takes about 10 minutes to reboot. Yesterday I had problems with a recorded program freezing periodically for 20-30 seconds. There were also spontaneous reboots in the last few days. On at least three occasions in the last week I have been away from the house and when I return, the TV attached to this receiver is on. I know it was off when I left. At least I'm not alone but DTV better get this fixed and soon. And, like others, my other non-hdDVR is recording and working perfectly.

An update to add: this morning I checked to see if the programs I had scheduled recorded....they did but in the history there were 384 instances of cancellation of the same program??????

Edited by etexlady, 01 May 2010 - 01:26 PM.

#137 OFFLINE   phodg

phodg

Mentor

• Registered
  • 59 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 02:58 PM

I had Australian GT Racing on Speed yesterday record on both tuners for some reason. I never scheduled it, and when I tried to delete the scheduled recording it would just reschedule itself immediately. Once the show had recorded, I was able to delete it without any problems.
Happened on 2 of my 3 receivers.

#138 OFFLINE   poppo

poppo

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 08:29 PM

I've reported this several times, but will do so again. If you leave the unit (HR20-700) on one channel (live) for an extended period without using the remote, the unit will dump the live buffer when the show changes for no reason. This happens even if no recordings are taking place. if you happen to be behind live, you are SOL as the buffer dumps and it puts you at the beginning of the new show. you can not rewind since there is no buffer. You can always tell this has happened even if you are caught up if you see the channel banner pop up for no reason at the beginning of a new show. I suspect this is some sort of bug with DP even though I don't have it enabled. This is repeatable on multiple HR20-700s although there is no specific pattern other than needing to leave it on one channel and not use the remote.

#139 OFFLINE   Bitgod

Bitgod

AllStar

• Registered
  • 64 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 02:23 AM

For the past week, my HR21-100 has been rebooting once a day. It took me a few days to catch on to what was happening, I'd find the blue lights on every morning when I knew I turned it off, but it finally interrupted a daytime recording on Tuesday. Now in the past hour, it's rebooted twice, yay.

So I of course came here to look for tips on what to check, but checked this thread first, so now I don't know if I should try anything. It's late, I'll wait until tomorrow.

I've also noticed the audio from my center channel has been staticy/distorted for a few weeks, possibly since the last update. Haven't spent the time to see if it's the dvr or something else like the audio switcher or sound system.
Refurbed HR21-100 w/ WD20EVDS in ThermalTake Dock

#140 OFFLINE   LI-SVT

LI-SVT

Icon

• Registered
  • 649 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 10:25 AM

Earlier this week I set a manual (VCR timer) recording for channel 603 SD for Wednesday at 7 pm to run for four hours. I got home at about 8:30 pm and turned on the TV. The box had been left on 603 SD from a few nights ago. There was a frozen image on the screen of the show preceding the hockey game. The progress bar was orange and showed the correct amount of elapsed time. The indicator was pointing to the beginning of the recording. I could not FF at all, the screen still had the frozen image.

I opened up the recording list and tried to play it from there. The screen turned gray (my selected pillar color) and the progress bar looked right except for the starting point of being -34 minutes. Using FF just brings up the keep/delete prompt.

I stopped the recording and changed channels up then down and the channel tuned fine. I was able to record the remainder of the event.

HR21-200 (HR21Pro) connected to TV via component video
SL3 with a WB68 multiswitch
Ethernet connected

Edited by LI-SVT, 29 April 2010 - 10:30 AM.
added system details

Ultimate plus movie channels

One Genie

Two HR21P

#141 OFFLINE   SkersR1

SkersR1

Legend

• Registered
  • 126 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 04:54 PM

I have three HR20-700s, all running on 0x3a8. Over the past several weeks I've noticed that all three units have problems with trick play; specifically, severe audio drop outs and/or stuttering video after using the rewind or skip back functions. It seems to have gotten worse recently, to the point that rewinding is completely frustrating. It usually takes a minute or two to get the problems "out of the system," after which things return to normal (until the next time I rewind or skip back).

As this is happening with all three of my DVRs, I have to think that the problem is systemic. Does anyone know if there's a fix in sight?

Got this on my HR20-700 as well. I noticed it when I was watching the NFL draft last weekend. Would watch ESPN and then double play over to NFLN and skip back or visa versa.

#142 OFFLINE   clcoyle

clcoyle

Mentor

• Registered
  • 44 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 07:54 AM

Woke up this morning and my HR20-700 DVR Series Manager had NO programs listed to record. I had like 20 shows that were there just yesterday. Why did that happened?

Bummed

#143 OFFLINE   Syzygy

Syzygy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 09:19 AM

Woke up this morning and my HR20-700 DVR Series Manager had NO programs listed to record. I had like 20 shows that were there just yesterday. Why did that happen?

The Series Manager sometimes reverts to a previous state, removing new Series Links and re-adding old ones. I've had it happen to me at least three times; each time it reverted to a state from several days before. Last week it happened to me again, running 0x03A8 this time. I don't know why (or even how) it does that.

I reported this issue back in November, with 0x0368 (two NRs ago):
http://www.dbstalk.c...019#post2271019
http://www.dbstalk.c...190#post2272190

By any chance, were all of your 20 or so SLs fairly new?

Edited by Syzygy, 02 May 2010 - 10:15 AM.

#144 OFFLINE   clcoyle

clcoyle

Mentor

• Registered
  • 44 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 11:17 AM

By any chance, were all of your 20 or so SLs fairly new?

No not really, I had College Football Live on 206 set for at least 1yr.

Chris

#145 OFFLINE   AdMaven

AdMaven

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 01:18 PM

Playback of "48 Hours" just froze again. Turned off the tv and back on, still frozen. Remote totally useless. Have to wait it out until it decides to play again.

I did a restart this morning because our guide listings for all SD channels said "to be announced". I have the HR21/200.

Just froze again but only seconds this time, not minutes. I'm at a loss as to what is going on here. Very frustrating.

Also, I've been recording the HBO "Pacific" series and it is only keeping 5 and recording over the first episodes. I changed my record preferences to "all episodes" but it is still only keeping 5 and recording over the earliest ones. What am I doing wrong?
HD-DVR HR22-100
HD-H20-100
Standard D-10
Standard GAEBOA
42" LG Plasma PC5D

#146 OFFLINE   billsharpe

billsharpe

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,402 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 03 May 2010 - 12:31 PM

Yesterday both of our remotes (we've got his and hers) froze up and wouldn't control anything on our HR20-700. Mute and volume buttons still worked but that's just a pass-through to the TV set.

Pushed a couple buttons on the front panel with no response either. Eventually I did manage to change channels on the front panel and after that the remotes began working again. I was getting pretty close to an RBR at that point.
Bill

Family room: Sony Bravia KDL-40SL130
Living room: Sceptre 32 inch

#147 OFFLINE   phodg

phodg

Mentor

• Registered
  • 59 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 01:03 PM

I had Australian GT Racing on Speed yesterday record on both tuners for some reason. I never scheduled it, and when I tried to delete the scheduled recording it would just reschedule itself immediately. Once the show had recorded, I was able to delete it without any problems.
Happened on 2 of my 3 receivers.

OK - so now the HR22 in the bedroom still shows Australian GT Racing twice in the "manage recordings" list with a date of 4/26. Even though today is 5/4 and the scheduled recordings after that look correct. I can't delete either of the Australian GT Racing scheduled recordings. They just reappear straight away. Very weird.

#148 OFFLINE   Syzygy

Syzygy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 11:04 PM

In the To Do List, I saw a first-run series episode (requested by a compound Keyword Autorecord) that wouldn't be recorded even though it could be; it was marked with an (X). Selecting Episode Options, then Record seemed to set the recording, but instead of the (X) changing to an ® in the To Do List, the episode's entry was simply deleted. Visiting the Guide showed a plain ® -- not the expected ®* -- and revisiting the To Do List showed the episode's entry had reappeared, also with an ®.

BTW, it frequently happens that a first-run series episode requested by a compound Keyword Autorecord doesn't get recorded unless you explicitly request it.

#149 OFFLINE   Syzygy

Syzygy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 11:18 PM

In the Guide, three episodes from three different series (requested by three different compound Keyword Autorecords) conflicted so that only two would be recorded. Rather than reordering the Autorecords in the Series Manager, I chose to stay in the Guide and simply select the episode that wouldn't be recorded and try to set it to record, at the same time cancelling one of the other episodes (Select, Select, Select, Down, [Down,] Select, Select).

I got the "Recording Set" message, but in fact the recording request was not honored -- although the cancellation was honored. I had to go back through the same process again and request the recording again. The second time through, the recording request was honored.

However, within an hour the scheduler undid everything, recording the episode I cancelled instead of the episode I explicitly requested -- evidently because priorities derived from the Series Manager were reapplied, overriding my explicit request.

(I did a test to see if the same problems would occur if the three series were requested by three ordinary Series Links. There were no problems. All these problems arise only with compound Keyword Autorecords, which wouldn't even be necessary if the Series Link limit was, say, 80 instead of 50.)

#150 OFFLINE   Syzygy

Syzygy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 11:26 PM

Cancelling a series episode requested by a compound Keyword Autorecord doesn't stick; at the last moment, if there's no conflict, the episode gets rescheduled and is recorded -- even if it was previously cancelled twice.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...