Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Dish losing sound on channels

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   isaac1970

isaac1970

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 09:10 PM

I've got a VIP 622 hooked up via HDMI to a Samsung 52" through a Pioneer V25.

I've noticed lately that several channels don't have any sound, e.g. History Intl, AMC.

Tonight I noticed that my local NBC I had the background music with non of the talking, then it would be OK for a bit.

Dish basically said too bad, so sad. They couldn't help.:mad:

Has anyone had this happen to them? How was it resolved?

Thanks

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   monoparadox

monoparadox

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 09:27 PM

Yup. I've got a 622 and have noticed the same phenom the past few days.

#3 OFFLINE   TulsaOK

TulsaOK

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 11:28 PM

Send a message to DishQuality@Echostar.Com
I think that address is still valid.
<span style='font-size: 10px;'>“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.”<br /> - John Wayne</span><br /><br />Avatar: Tanner 1992 - 2009

#4 OFFLINE   isaac1970

isaac1970

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 09:58 AM

Thanks

#5 OFFLINE   GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 10:03 AM

I've got a VIP 622 hooked up via HDMI to a Samsung 52" through a Pioneer V25.

I've noticed lately that several channels don't have any sound, e.g. History Intl, AMC.

Tonight I noticed that my local NBC I had the background music with non of the talking, then it would be OK for a bit.

Dish basically said too bad, so sad. They couldn't help.:mad:

Has anyone had this happen to them? How was it resolved?

Thanks

Have you tried for testing purpose's removing the Pioneer V25 from the loop?
See if the problem is between the Dish Reciever and the Pioneer? I had a problem with a Pioneer VSX-815 and my ViP622. Only resolution was a replacement of the Pioneer, as Pioneer didn't have an upgrade. The problem was hit and miss too, some shows would sound garbled/muted voices, with the music just fine, and the next show on the same station, no problems at all.

#6 OFFLINE   monoparadox

monoparadox

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 10:25 AM

I'm running a Sony Bravia W4100. I have had a few instances of sound dropping in the past week. Never noticed anything before then. If I go to a different channel and return, it works okay.

#7 OFFLINE   janeslogin

janeslogin

Legend

• Registered
  • 105 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 01:25 PM

I've a 622 and lost sound for a few seconds several times yesterday between 1500 and 1600 PST.

May have happened occasionally before but this time it was conspicuous.

#8 OFFLINE   Supershooters

Supershooters

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 11:31 PM

Have you tested audio out of the sat box other than the HDMI? I have found things like this to be a notorious problem with HDMI on some devices eventually switching to component because it's too unacceptable to the customer to have service "kind of work."

#9 OFFLINE   max1

max1

Godfather

• Registered
  • 386 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 10:43 PM

I have notice this too on some of the HD Channel like History and Natgeo but when i switch to regular channel it seems to be fine it may just be the hd channels or the program your watching.

#10 OFFLINE   DishTV

DishTV

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 11:42 AM

I have just (w/i last 7 days) upgraded my 2nd DVR from 625 to 722K and have expereinced so many audio problems that I nver had with the 625 nor from my primary DVR which is a three year old 722.

What's up with this? Amongst sync problems between digital video and analog audio and the famous "garbled" sound issue; the sound from my from speakers (center and left and right) sounds like people are talking into a 55 gallon steel drum. Others have had some and all of the problems with the 722K that I am experiencing.

Is it that all the software changes that are going on, are affecting the audio on this machine, or is the design of the new? K version just plain got problems?

By the way, where can we find the latest version of the software, both from Dish and on the DVR's? Also, do the 722 and 722K have the same software versions? I don't expect that because my 722 keeps going great and all the problems I see are with the 722K.

Thanks for any advise or direction to find info that may be here in the forums somewhere, but I am too inexperienced to know where to look.

I really want Dish Equipment to work correctly.
TV: SONY 46" W3100. Sat DVR's: New Dish Hopper w/Sling and 1 Joey that won't maintain a "Link".
DVD: SONY BDP-BX2
Audio: Okyno TX-SR505. Theater Spkrs: 5.1. House Speakers: Analog

Protected By... spam firewall...And...