Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Final 4 Predictions?

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   bobukcat

bobukcat

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 06:00 PM

I just wonder who decides what games are played at what time and what logic they supposedly use to do so. Case in point tonight: UK plays Cornell on the late game from Syracuse at the same time Xavier plays Kansas St. while Washington plays WVU at 7:30 EDT. My problem with this: UK and X have a definite overlap in viewing area because there are a LOT of UK fans in the Cincy DMA and there are at least a reasonable amount of fans in the area that like and would love to watch both teams. Instead UK fans in the Cincy DMA have to watch their game in SD on a digital sub-channel (thank you WKRC for at least doing that) or on a PC (which pretty much sucks) and Washington fans will have to cut out of work early because their team plays at 4:30 Pacific Time. It sure seems like putting X or UK on earlier and letting Washington play the late game so their fans would see it at a more reasonable time would have been a more logical schedule.

My (late) pick for the FF: Mich St., Kansas St, Duke and UK - I don't think I need to tell you who I picked to win it all. :-)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,450 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 25 March 2010 - 06:34 PM

At least part of it, on a night like this... is they don't want to force viewers to choose between the two #1 seeds playing tonight... So Syracuse and UK can't play a game at the same time.

Which means, either UK gets the early game or Syracuse does... and that essentially forces the other games to be where they are.

-- I like to go fast (not really)

#23 OFFLINE   ARKDTVfan

ARKDTVfan

Icon

• Registered
  • 583 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 07:42 PM

Kentucky's youth, piss poor FT and 3 pt shooting was fatal tonight against West Virginia

#24 OFFLINE   Sackchamp56

Sackchamp56

Godfather

• Registered
  • 310 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 08:28 PM

Kentucky's youth, piss poor FT and 3 pt shooting was fatal tonight against West Virginia

Yep didnt see that one coming. I needed a new couch anyway I guess. Anyone have any marshmallows?

#25 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,450 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 27 March 2010 - 11:07 PM

One of my original final 4 picks from my "official" bracket is still here... Duke... and I am kinda surprised they are the last standing of the #1 seeds.

I did, however, pick New Mexico to beat Kentucky in my bracket... of course New Mexico didn't get that far, but I didn't have Kentucky in the final four anyway.

Not a hater... just thought their youth would catch up with them at some point.

#26 OFFLINE   cheryl10

cheryl10

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 53 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 02:01 PM

How will John Calipari be able to recruit if they eliminate the 1 and done rule? Will he actually recruit kids who want to earn a college diploma? I was very glad to see the veteran West Virginia team beat the immature and whiny Kentucky team. John Calipari was too busy whining to the officials to coach his team. How many years until Kentucky has to vacate wins because of Calipari breaking NCAA rules?

#27 OFFLINE   cheryl10

cheryl10

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 53 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 02:07 PM

One of my original final 4 picks from my "official" bracket is still here... Duke... and I am kinda surprised they are the last standing of the #1 seeds.

I did, however, pick New Mexico to beat Kentucky in my bracket... of course New Mexico didn't get that far, but I didn't have Kentucky in the final four anyway.

Not a hater... just thought their youth would catch up with them at some point.

The weird thing is that Duke is probaly the worst team left of the Final Four. It looks like a Butler/West Virginia final on Monday night. I think West Virginia will win the championship.

#28 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,427 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 01 April 2010 - 02:10 PM

Michigan State
West Virginia
Duke
Butler

I'm sure Directv can't wait to get their hands on your unit.

Directv customer since 2000

#29 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,450 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 01 April 2010 - 06:26 PM

The weird thing is that Duke is probaly the worst team left of the Final Four. It looks like a Butler/West Virginia final on Monday night. I think West Virginia will win the championship.

It's funny you posted that... because while I like Coach K, and Duke, and am an ACC fan as you might guess from my being in Raleigh.... All season long I've been watching Duke and amazed they have as good of a record as they do.

I understood why the NCAA gave them a #1 seed, but had they given that seed to West Virginia instead, I would not have had a reason to complain.

But, Duke is my only original final 4 pick still left. In fact, I had them in the title game losing to Kansas (which obviously can't happen).

On paper I'd have to rate the teams: Michigan St, West Virginia, Butler, Duke.

But at this point I would not at all be surprised to see Duke win the title because even though I did pick some upsets, this tourney has not gone anything at all like I originally thought it would.

#30 OFFLINE   John Corn

John Corn

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,046 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 07:23 PM

I'm rooting for Butler. They've won me over in this tournament. I hope they beat MSU, and play WVU, though it would be sweeter to see Butler beat duke in the championship game.

As long as Duke doesn't win, I'll be happy. :D
Have a Great Day! :) :flag:

#31 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,450 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 02 April 2010 - 07:59 PM

Not that I have anything personal at stake... but the only team I guess I'm rooting "against" would be West Virginia.

I like Duke, being an ACC fan.

I like Tom Izzo and you have to like what he does every year with Michigan St.

I also like Butler and what they've done this year.

Only WVa leaves me a little cold... so I've got at least a 75% chance of being happy :)

#32 OFFLINE   ARKDTVfan

ARKDTVfan

Icon

• Registered
  • 583 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 03:26 PM

my order of rooting interest

Butler- seeing a non power conf team win it would be awesome
Michigan St- I hate the big ten's style of play but Izzo runs a class program
West Virginia- only rooting for them tonight

Dook-ESPN would be unbearable for months if they win it

#33 OFFLINE   BobbySteelz

BobbySteelz

Godfather

• Registered
  • 256 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 04:29 PM

Should be a helluva game tonight. I actually think Butler has a chance and I really don't want to see Duke win, so I'll be pulling for them.

spam firewall