Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Reduced fees for existing customer equipment upgrades

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   fryguy503

fryguy503

Legend

• Registered
  • 159 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 06:30 PM

Install fee will no longer be waived as CS will get Severely marked down ( IE Written up for doing so ).

$15 W/ $6/mo Service Plan ( Co-Pay )
$95 W/O Service Plan

If you take the Service Plan you will be Charged a $25 Penelty for Removing the Service plan At Any Time. 1 day or 1000 days. Least with the current Service Plan model.
The Postings on this site are my own and do not represent DISH Network's positions, strategies or opinions.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   HDlover

HDlover

Godfather

• Registered
  • 310 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 06:32 PM

Makes it $46 instead of $95, a no brainer.

#23 OFFLINE   bnborg

bnborg

Icon

• Registered
  • 616 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 06:40 PM

I found it mentioned on the Existing Customers FAQ, but I still do not see anything available when I log in to my account.

The only promotion I see is Club Dish, and the only equipment is remotes and accessories.

I should be a "preferred customer", since I have been a E* customer for about ten years, etc.
Dish Network VIP722k - Gold 250 + HD/Platinum
110,119, and 129 on Dish 1000.2
Dynex (BestBuy) 42" HDTV, Onkyo TX-SR303 Receiver

#24 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,480 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 04 March 2010 - 07:09 PM

If you take the Service Plan you will be Charged a $25 Penelty for Removing the Service plan At Any Time. 1 day or 1000 days. Least with the current Service Plan model.

Paragraph 9 of the Service Plan Terms and Conditions states:

9. Cancellation : You may cancel this Plan at any time by calling DISH Network at 1-800-333-DISH (3474). If You cancel this Plan within the first thirty (30) days after receipt of this Plan, You will be charged a cancellation fee of $25.00. If this Plan was inadvertently sold to You on a Product which was not intended to be covered by this Plan, DISH Network will cancel this Plan and return the full purchase price of the Plan to You.

This link is on the Dish Service Plan web page which contains the notation ©Copyright 2010, DISH Network L.L.C., all rights reserved. So it's reasonable to assume it is the latest information.

Based on this you won't have to pay more than two months of service plan fees which totals $12. If they change the document after this post, it is on my web site at http://www.phrelin.c...cePlanTerms.pdf should anyone need it.

"In a hundred years there'll be a whole new set of people."
"Always poke the bears. They sleep too much for their own good."

"If you're good enough, they'll talk about you." - Tom Harmon
A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup
My Slingbox Pro HD Experience
My Blog: The Redwood Guardian

#25 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 07:15 PM

But that was in December. You got in before the pricing changes that started at the beginning of February. I would not have had to pay either had I done this all before those changes.

Pricing changes were (apparently) effective 3/3/10; you got them installed before then, as did I.

I paid $0, you paid $50 each for 2. Ergo, you were in a lower customer tier than I was prior to 3/3/10.

QED, you would still be paying $50 for the boxes.

"Belligerent and numerous."

Sometimes I update the Dish Network FAQ

AT200, Hopper & 360 via HDMI to Onkyo 505 to basement 42" Westy, Hopper via Comp-over-Cat5 to living room 42" Vizio with a Roku 3, Joey to Toshiba 32" LCD with a Logitech Revue. You want fries with that? Pull up to the 2nd window.

#26 OFFLINE   PRIME1

PRIME1

AllStar

• Registered
  • 59 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 07:40 PM

Pricing changes were (apparently) effective 3/3/10; you got them installed before then, as did I.

I paid $0, you paid $50 each for 2. Ergo, you were in a lower customer tier than I was prior to 3/3/10.

QED, you would still be paying $50 for the boxes.

Wrong. Read some of the posts regarding the February changes.....

Now it appears the game may have changed again on 3/3/10.

#27 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 08:22 PM

The February changes pertained to monthly charges for the boxes, not for their upgrade price. I simply said I paid nothing for a 211k in December. The rest is just guesswork.

AT200, Hopper & 360 via HDMI to Onkyo 505 to basement 42" Westy, Hopper via Comp-over-Cat5 to living room 42" Vizio with a Roku 3, Joey to Toshiba 32" LCD with a Logitech Revue. You want fries with that? Pull up to the 2nd window.

#28 OFFLINE   coldsteel

coldsteel

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 08:33 PM

Yep, the 2/1 additional receiver fee change has nothing to do with the changes in equipment upgrade pricing as of 3/3.
DISH 625 dvr

The opinions posted on this site are my own and do not represent DISH Network's positions, strategies or opinions. Unless I decide to be bad or call out an idiot...

#29 OFFLINE   VDP07

VDP07

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 484 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 10:54 PM

That is good news but what if you just had new HD receivers added 2 days ago?? I had to pay $100 ($50 each) to add 2 211's and sign the 2 year contract. Would this mean I could now have gotten those for free??

Prior to 3/3/10, plan "A" customers were "asked" to pay $50 for each 211 or 222 under the DIU promo. That being said, many DIU upgrades are handled on a case by case basis. In other words, the sqeaky wheel often gets the grease. If Rasputin paid $0 for a 211 in December then his wheel was probably just a bit sqeakier.

#30 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 06:54 AM

It was also likely that since it was the last month of my original commitment they were happier to throw me a 211 and sign me up for 2 more years. All I really asked was how much it would cost for a new HD box in the bedroom and they said "Oh, free."

Protected By... spam firewall...And...