Welcome to DBSTalk
- Start new topics and reply to others
- Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
- Get your own profile page and make new friends
- Send personal messages to other members.
Installing a Dish 500 for 61.5 & 72.7???
Posted 04 March 2010 - 09:24 AM
1) My position is mid thumb Michigan Lat 43, Long -83. I have elevation and mag heading info for each of those sats individually, but with a Dish 500 dual what would be my settings for elevation, Mag heading, and skew??
2) What is the best way to combine all 4 legacy LNB's to feed my 2 receivers, a 301 and 211K?? With the 301 still need the MPEG-2 channels.
Posted 04 March 2010 - 10:24 AM
Look for D1k4.
Posted 04 March 2010 - 12:55 PM
Posted 04 March 2010 - 01:12 PM
It is your life to waste as you see fit, but you have to ask yourself what you're really saving in terms of time and money versus what might be gained in the spirit of doing things the hard way.
Have read something about separating the LNB's somewhat to expand the reach. Any truth to that or is this technique not feasable??
If you have legacy twin LNBs, there's no reasonable way to adjust the spacing outside of moving the LNB in further from the dish. My theory holds that doing so will move the feed horns out of the foci of the dish.
In a world often involving Duo receivers, legacy switchgear is a pain that people should think twice about before bringing it upon themselves.
Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -- JFK
Posted 05 March 2010 - 06:52 AM
Thanks for the reply I understand what you are trying to tell me. But also in this world of limited budgets and money I'm just trying to use the equipment I have without spending anything else on new antennas or LNB's.
But you are exactly correct with your information.....
Posted 05 March 2010 - 10:35 AM
Posted 05 March 2010 - 11:07 PM
Posted 05 March 2010 - 11:36 PM