Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Can i use 6.3 remote for 722k receiver?

whole-home

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   getconnected

getconnected

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 06:01 PM

I bought 722k receiver, but it has only one remote (1st TV). I am currently using 625 receiver, which has two 6.3 remotes. Can I use the existing remote for second tv? Do I need any special configurations? I just want to make sure it works, otherwise i will try after buying the second remote. Thanks,

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   BobaBird

BobaBird

EKB Editor

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,022 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 06:42 PM

:welcome_s to DBSTalk!

Yes, you can use it. Use the TV1 remote to bring up the Sys Info screen, then press Record on the TV2 remote to set the receiver to the same address the remote is sending on.
Charles @dishuser - a dynamic employee of Massive Veridian
Visit the EchoStar Knowledge Base
"The other guys charge $9.95/month to use tapeless record" - Dish Network Tech Forum, 8-6-01
"dual" is NOT the same as "Twin" - here's why

#3 OFFLINE   getconnected

getconnected

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 08:09 PM

Awesome. So in the sys info screen itself read the tv2 remote codes? huh.. i can setup the receiver now, i dont have to wait for the remote to come in..

What advantage will i have with 21.0 remote control?
thank you.

#4 OFFLINE   fryguy503

fryguy503

Legend

• Registered
  • 159 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 11:05 AM

21.0 are better remotes overall, they are newer and have newer preset universal codes in them, they also have the learning feature ( ala dumbed down harmony remote ) to learn specific button presses from the original remote and map it to any button on the 21.0 - also imo i like the look of the 21.0 better.
The Postings on this site are my own and do not represent DISH Network's positions, strategies or opinions.

#5 OFFLINE   SaltiDawg

SaltiDawg

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 11:22 AM

21.0 are better remotes overall, they are newer and have newer preset universal codes in them, they also have the learning feature ( ala dumbed down harmony remote ) to learn specific button presses from the original remote and map it to any button on the 21.0 - also imo i like the look of the 21.0 better.

I think even more importantly, the 21.0 can memorize all of your timers so that if you need to replace the 722k you can restore all of your timers.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: whole-home

spam firewall