Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Dish Tweet - Charlie Chat and Skype

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Jason Nipp

Jason Nipp

Analog Geek in a Digital World

• Super Moderators
  • 10,040 posts
  • LocationNorthern Illinois

Posted 06 March 2010 - 08:43 AM

Do you Skype? Add dishnetworkstudio now & ask your questions live on Monday's Charlie Chat (7p MT on Ch. 101)

Source - DISH Network® via Twitter®

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   CoolGui

CoolGui

Icon

• Registered
  • 506 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 03:00 AM

guess nobody watches anymore?

DirecTV - Slimline-3S (SWM) - Premiere + HD + MRV + HD Extra
Living Room : HR24/200 - Panasonic TH-50PX60U 50" Plasma - Onkyo TX-SR606B Audio Receiver - PS3 80GB - Wii - Slingbox Classic
Bed Room : H24/200 - LG 32LD450 32" LCD - Xbox 360S 250GB

#3 OFFLINE   Nick

Nick

Keep going - don't give up!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21,249 posts
  • LocationThe Beautiful Golden Isles of Coastal Georgia

Posted 09 March 2010 - 06:03 AM

I suppose sending snail mail or a telegram is out of the question. :whatdidid

~ 12 Year Anniversary Month ~
Charter Gold Club Member
DBSTalk Club ~ 21k Club
Top 10 Poster

#4 OFFLINE   Lt Disher

Lt Disher

Legend

• Registered
  • 109 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 07:47 AM

Charlie did announce that the 922 would be rolled out a week or two after April 1. I'm not sure if this is an "official" announcement though.

#5 OFFLINE   puckwithahalo

puckwithahalo

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 01:22 PM

Charlie did announce that the 922 would be rolled out a week or two after April 1. I'm not sure if this is an "official" announcement though.

based on that statement by charlie, and some things that I'm aware of, I'd say its safe to say very soon, and not "soon" for the release.
The postings on this site are my own and don't represent Dish's positions, strategies, or opinions.

-Puck

#6 OFFLINE   VDP07

VDP07

Godfather

• Registered
  • 481 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 01:53 PM

All in all a fairly uninformative chat this time around. I was curious as to whether or not the court decision would be mentioned. Wasn't suprised that it wasn't. Charlie and Jim both seemed a bit distracted to me.

#7 OFFLINE   scooper

scooper

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,727 posts
  • LocationYoungsville NC

Posted 09 March 2010 - 02:23 PM

Isn't there going to be ANY kind of a CHarlie Chat writeup for those of us who don't twitter/ etc. ?
You CAN put antennas on your owned and/or controlled property...

http://www.fcc.gov/mb/facts/otard.html

#8 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,382 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 09 March 2010 - 04:28 PM

I forgot to record it, so I can't help but from what I read elsewhere I didn't miss anything. And as far as the 922 goes, when I have one I'll believe they exist.

"In a hundred years there'll be a whole new set of people."
"Always poke the bears. They sleep too much for their own good."

"If you're good enough, they'll talk about you." - Tom Harmon
A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup
My Slingbox Pro HD Experience
My Blog: The Redwood Guardian

#9 OFFLINE   Lt Disher

Lt Disher

Legend

• Registered
  • 109 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 05:37 PM

I forgot to record it, so I can't help but from what I read elsewhere I didn't miss anything. And as far as the 922 goes, when I have one I'll believe they exist.

Phrelin, I guess you are just trying to be funny. You give sensible and thoughtful advice to the many people on this board, so I don't think you are a crazy person. The 922 has been in testing for over a year, it exists. Many people have seen them and touched them. Do you think this is just one big conspiracy? Or have I missed something here?

#10 OFFLINE   GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 06:00 PM

Phrelin, I guess you are just trying to be funny. You give sensible and thoughtful advice to the many people on this board, so I don't think you are a crazy person. The 922 has been in testing for over a year, it exists. Many people have seen them and touched them. Do you think this is just one big conspiracy? Or have I missed something here?

Just like Phrelin, I will believe the 922 is real product, and not some testing bed for future products, once its available to the real users.

I am still holding out for one though.

#11 OFFLINE   356B

356B

Icon

• Registered
  • 894 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 09 March 2010 - 09:44 PM

Just like Phrelin, I will believe the 922 is real product, and not some testing bed for future products, once its available to the real users.

I am still holding out for one though.

I concur........a Dish person promised me one...for free:lol:.... months if not over a year ago.......:lol::lol::lol:

#12 OFFLINE   Galaxie6411

Galaxie6411

Icon

• Registered
  • 609 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 11:31 AM

Watching it now, recorded last night and I didn't know it was on this month. It is interesting he said internal release for the 922 is 4/1 then it would take a few weeks after that to release to the public. They also said they worked a lot of bugs out and it will not release with a browser but it will become available later. I had to skim the threads because I was surprised no one was talking about it but see the last post about it was locked when in fact the thread starter was apparently very correct on his assessment. I wish they would have given a price along with the release date.

I assumed that many dish employees are already beta testing a 922 so what is this "internal release date" all about a few weeks before a public release?

#13 OFFLINE   purtman

purtman

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 07:08 PM

I thought Charlie's puppet there said that we would see more HD around April 1. Any thoughts?

#14 OFFLINE   Slamminc11

Slamminc11

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,327 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 07:44 PM

I thought Charlie's puppet there said that we would see more HD around April 1. Any thoughts?

Yeah, it's the middle of March

#15 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,528 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 16 March 2010 - 08:02 PM

I just saw "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" on Retro the other day... and the "Toot sweet" song when Dick Van Dyke's character is trying to sell his candy design whistle made me think of this thread...

Dish Tweet... Dish Tweet...

Only works if you've seen that movie :)

-- I like to go fast (not really)

spam firewall