Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Quesrtions before I switcvh . . .

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   pakcyclist

pakcyclist

Mentor

• Registered
  • 50 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 07:54 PM

Its looking more likely now that I'll be switching from DTV to Dish (due to the Versus fiasco). Before I do:

Assuming I can get any kind of "deal" (I had Dish 5 or 6 years ago) who has the best one? (I have CenturyLink for my phone, wanted to bundle, but from what I saw on their website, their prices are MORE than the standard Dish rates . . . unless they have some "unadvertised specials?")

If I can pick which receiver I can get -- preferably a dual tuner -- is there a best one? (BTW, do they still have the UHF remotes . . . I REALLY miss that!)

I don't have an HDTV yet -- and no immediate plans to do so -- but could I get an HD receiver and use it in SD for now, instead of upgrading later?

Anyone know if the contract with Versus is up soon?!?!?!?! (Ironically, I last switched to DTV because DISH dropped Versus back then!!)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,131 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 10:08 PM

722k is the best unit you can get (imo) and it serves one HDTV and one SDTV simultaneously. It is a dual-satellite-tuner, plus a dual-OTA-tuner card is available.

Versus isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

"Belligerent and numerous."

Sometimes I update the Dish Network FAQ

AT200, Hopper & 360 via HDMI to Onkyo 505 to basement 42" Westy, Hopper via Comp-over-Cat5 to living room 42" Vizio with a Roku 3, Joey to Toshiba 32" LCD with a Logitech Revue. You want fries with that? Pull up to the 2nd window.

#3 OFFLINE   fryguy503

fryguy503

Legend

• Registered
  • 159 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 01:31 AM

Make sure you get HD right away with your Initial install or you may pay more later on.

As long as you left your previous dish account with no balance and left it Voluntary you will get all new customer promo's

W/24mo Contract ( Assuming your credit qualify's )

DHA24
$15/mo X 12/mo
Service Plan ( Former DHPP ) Free 6/mo
Free HBO/Show 3/mo
Free Install
No Activation
First Receiver at no cost, 2nd and 3rd at discounted price.

Get a 722(k) rcvr even if you only have 1tv. Yes a 612 is a nice rcvr but you wont pay anymore for a 722 as your first rcvr and you get optional TV2 Output or if you dont use that you get PIP where as the 612 does not have it. Yes they still have UHF remotes.
The Postings on this site are my own and do not represent DISH Network's positions, strategies or opinions.

#4 OFFLINE   pakcyclist

pakcyclist

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 50 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 06:17 PM

Thank for the info! One more ???: What kind of outputs does the 722 have? On my current DTV receiver, I have the S-video connected to my main TV, then the co-ax cable running to my bedroom TV. Does it have both of those? (If those 2 are only from 1 of the tuners, that's fine.)

#5 OFFLINE   coldsteel

coldsteel

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 06:40 PM

TV1 has HDMI, Component, optical audio, S-Video, RCA and coax through the Tv2 output or on the OTA module. TV2 has RCA and coax.
DISH 625 dvr

The opinions posted on this site are my own and do not represent DISH Network's positions, strategies or opinions. Unless I decide to be bad or call out an idiot...

spam firewall