Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Lost CBS on both HR20s

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jazzyjez

jazzyjez

Legend

• Registered
  • 164 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 10:03 AM

This morning I found that CBS (10-1, WILM-DT) had disappeared from the guide on both my HR20 receivers (-100 and -700). Tried a reboot - no difference, so then tried going through the antenna initial setup. It returns with all my regular channels except 10-1. I then plugged the antenna lead directly into the TV and could confirm that 10-1 has its signal at full strength.

Whose problem is this? Is it another Tribune related issue? Clearly WILM are still providing the signal, and it can't be a hardware issue if it's dropped from both receivers and all other local channels are still there OK. I still have the same 0x395 that I've had since January.

Directv really need to do a major rethink on the way their receivers handle OTA - reading various threads, this is a recurring theme for many, and one that didn't exist with earlier receivers (e.g. Tivo) which based their channels on what was actually received rather than some external "information".:mad:

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 28,913 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 07 March 2010 - 10:19 AM

This could be an issue with the Tribune data. One thing you could try is to restart your receiver twice (within 30 minutes). This will flush all of your guide data. It may correct the problem you have.

If you do this, it will take 24-48 hours for all of your guide data to fully populate and the system may run slightly more sluggish ..
DIRECTV Firmware Monitor - iPhone - Android - HTML5

DIRECTV employee since August 2011.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#3 OFFLINE   jazzyjez

jazzyjez

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 164 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 10:37 AM

This could be an issue with the Tribune data. One thing you could try is to restart your receiver twice (within 30 minutes). This will flush all of your guide data. It may correct the problem you have.

If you do this, it will take 24-48 hours for all of your guide data to fully populate and the system may run slightly more sluggish ..

Thanks for the suggestion Doug, but I had already tried that too (I'd read it from you in another thread!). Another piece of info... in addition to it not being in the guide, it also doesn't show up in the list of channels to edit after you've done the antenna setup. This channel had been there for over a year so it's not like I never had it.

#4 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 28,913 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 07 March 2010 - 10:54 AM

I've passed a note along to DIRECTV .. You may consider calling them as well. My contact likely does not work on Sundays.
DIRECTV Firmware Monitor - iPhone - Android - HTML5

DIRECTV employee since August 2011.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#5 OFFLINE   waynebtx

waynebtx

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationKingsville,Texas

Posted 07 March 2010 - 11:03 AM

I had lost mine on my HR20 as well CH 10-1. Had to rescan twice to get it back..

Wayne

Slimline dish SWIM16
Sharp LC-60E78UN
HD-A30 w/ Harmony 880
HR34-700/AM21 w/ Harmony 880.
1 C31-700

HR44-200

HR24-100

H25-100

Marantz NR1603 A/V 7.1

All Wired Networked
Xbox 360
retired USN , retired Boeing, retired L3COM, just plain tired

#6 OFFLINE   jazzyjez

jazzyjez

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 164 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 11:54 AM

I've passed a note along to DIRECTV .. You may consider calling them as well. My contact likely does not work on Sundays.

Appreciate that. I've also emailed them directly with essentially the same info as above.

#7 OFFLINE   jazzyjez

jazzyjez

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 164 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 11:56 AM

I had lost mine on my HR20 as well CH 10-1. Had to rescan twice to get it back..

Unlucky number 10 I guess! Funny you should have the same problem but in a different part of the country. Anyway I tried rescanning a second time after reading it worked for you, but still no-go here.

#8 OFFLINE   lansbury

lansbury

AllStar

• Registered
  • 70 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 09:08 AM

CBS (KOIN) is on CH6-1 here in Portland OR. It dropped from my OTA list months ago and nothing has got it back. All the other local OTA channels show up OK.

spam firewall