Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * - 1 votes

Comcast Philadelphia

• Please log in to reply
2383 replies to this topic

#1981 OFFLINE   fireponcoal

fireponcoal

Icon

• Registered
  • 695 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:41 PM

Don't you mean Cablevision v. FCC in the second circuit?

actually no, there was something else posted..

Edited by fireponcoal, 24 February 2012 - 03:51 PM.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#1982 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 09:45 AM

CSN brings back Prism's The Great Sports Debate. From chickie's n petes restuarant ( which is like half mile form stadium area)

Yes they brought back the orignal announcers - angelo cadtaldi, al morganti, stan hockman, glen macknow.

Not sure what the schedule is, the show on TCN last night they even showed classic clips from the early 90's when it was on PRISM.

Directv Premier Sport Packages  NFL ST, MLB EI, NHL CI, NBA LP,

Comcast Triple Play TV ( cheapest tv package for CSN Philly and TCN)

#1983 OFFLINE   spaul

spaul

Godfather

• Registered
  • 264 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:27 AM

Today,s Inquirer sports poll list are you looking forward to watching the Phillies & Yankees first grapefruit league game Friday.If you go to philly.com web site and go to the sports page click on sports poll about half way down on the page.There is 3 choices to answer the one I clicked on to and everyone else here should was,I wish but I don't get Comcast Sports Net.When I went on to vote minutes ago it showed several have already choice this option as answer.This couldn't hurt and possibly gather enough voted to show our sports teams the amount of viewers they don't reach here.Hopefully the Phillies take notice and use this as leverage to pressure Comcast on their next TV dael which is in the near future.Thanks to everyone that votes .

#1984 OFFLINE   espnjason

espnjason

Armchair Referee

• Registered
  • 529 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:40 AM

Today's Inquirer sports poll list are you looking forward to watching the Phillies & Yankees first grapefruit league game Friday. If you go to philly.com web site and go to the sports page click on sports poll about half way down on the page. There is 3 choices to answer the one I clicked on to and everyone else here should was, I wish but I don't get Comcast Sports Net. When I went on to vote minutes ago it showed several have already choice this option as answer.

I've just cast my vote for the obvious, hopefully everyone that crosses this thread will do the same. Hopefully it will fan the flames on the debate.

Link is here:

http://www.philly.co.../114760764.html

Edited by espnjason, 29 February 2012 - 10:49 AM.

Subscribed to DirecTV for NFL Sunday Ticket, remained a subscriber for international football.

#1985 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,019 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 12:53 PM

Today,s Inquirer sports poll list are you looking forward to watching the Phillies & Yankees first grapefruit league game Friday.If you go to philly.com web site and go to the sports page click on sports poll about half way down on the page.There is 3 choices to answer the one I clicked on to and everyone else here should was,I wish but I don't get Comcast Sports Net.When I went on to vote minutes ago it showed several have already choice this option as answer.This couldn't hurt and possibly gather enough voted to show our sports teams the amount of viewers they don't reach here.Hopefully the Phillies take notice and use this as leverage to pressure Comcast on their next TV dael which is in the near future.Thanks to everyone that votes .

Um, last I heard Comcast had re used their tv contract for the sports exams in the area for 20 years a couple years ago. Was that only the basketball and hockey teams? I thought it was the baseball team as well.

#1986 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 12:56 PM

Phillies can re do its TV options after 2014 season.

Sixers are locked in till 2029

not sure on Flyers.

#1987 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,019 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:05 PM

Phillies can re do its TV options after 2014 season.

Sixers are locked in till 2029

not sure on Flyers.

Ok, just he sixes area screwed then. And as i recall Comcast doesn't own any part of any of the teams anymore, so that's also good news.

#1988 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:05 PM

Ok, just he sixes area screwed then. And as i recall Comcast doesn't own any part of any of the teams anymore, so that's also good news.

they don't own the sixers, but they get a good chunk of the money from the TV and are also charging JOSH HARRIs RENT.

so comcast still makes money. Its funny, its like they get paid alot of the glory but have no expenses to the sixers.

#1989 OFFLINE   bobg3

bobg3

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:29 PM

I voted hope everyone does. It will not hurt maybe it might help

#1990 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:00 PM

maybe the inqier puts it on the front page for all of philly to see lol.

Force comcast to make a move. Of course I'm dreaming and wish that happens but it won't but atleast a man can dream.

#1991 OFFLINE   spaul

spaul

Godfather

• Registered
  • 264 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:10 AM

Yesterday,s poll in the Inquirer posted today showed almost 200 votes from fans that don,t get Comcast Sports Net.This might not seem a lot but, percentage wise it was 32% of the voting.Which is not bad and would be something to take into consideration by the Phillies especially since they have the biggest say with new broadcast contract in the near future.Good job by everyone that took the time to vote.

#1992 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:50 AM

I think the phillies want to get more exposure and more of philadelphia watching its fans, only way to do that, is to have a network that's on all carriers.

I wonder if the phillies, when 2014 gets here will they decide to renew with CSN, or create their own channel, phillies network or maybe talk with FOX maybe create an
FS PHILADELPHIA.

#1993 OFFLINE   Devo1237

Devo1237

Legend

• Registered
  • 333 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:24 PM

Yesterday,s poll in the Inquirer posted today showed almost 200 votes from fans that don,t get Comcast Sports Net.This might not seem a lot but, percentage wise it was 32% of the voting.Which is not bad and would be something to take into consideration by the Phillies especially since they have the biggest say with new broadcast contract in the near future.Good job by everyone that took the time to vote.

I have no interest in the phillies, but I voted with you guys too. It's B.S. that Comcast could hold fans hostage like that, especially in their home market. It's pathetic that the FCC lets them get away with it too.

#1994 OFFLINE   n3ntj

n3ntj

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,678 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 01:29 PM

I also hate the Phillies but voted "I don't get Comcrap" in the poll.
HD Snob - "Friends Don't Let Friends Watch Cable".
Electrical/RF Engineer & Inspector
DirecTV Equipment: HR24-200, HR24-100, 5LNB Slimline, AM21, SWiM 8 installed (MRV)
HR-2x Configuration: Native OFF. Units OFF when not in use.
TVs: 2 Panasonic Plasma TV's each using HDMI (one 1080p/one 720p)
DirecTV customer since 1998. Plus HD DVR package w/ NHL Center Ice & MLB Extra Innings.
OTA Antenna: Homebrew UHF & VHF antennas w/ 30dB amplifier fed w/ RG-6 Quad-shield coax.

#1995 OFFLINE   adkinsjm

adkinsjm

Icon

• Registered
  • 914 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:24 PM

I think the phillies want to get more exposure and more of philadelphia watching its fans, only way to do that, is to have a network that's on all carriers.

I wonder if the phillies, when 2014 gets here will they decide to renew with CSN, or create their own channel, phillies network or maybe talk with FOX maybe create an
FS PHILADELPHIA.

The Phillies aren't interested in exposure. They want Dodgers and Rangers-type cash.

#1996 OFFLINE   espnjason

espnjason

Armchair Referee

• Registered
  • 529 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:48 PM

Maybe the Phils could purchase outright from CSN and then offer minority shares to the Flyers, Sixers, and Union. It would save everyone, even C*, a lot of cash.

#1997 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,019 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:53 PM

Maybe the Phils could purchase outright from CSN and then offer minority shares to the Flyers, Sixers, and Union. It would save everyone, even C*, a lot of cash.

Your kidding right? How on earth would that save Comcast money? Theyd loose money.

#1998 OFFLINE   adkinsjm

adkinsjm

Icon

• Registered
  • 914 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 08:31 PM

Why would Comcast sell CSN? Why would Comcast need to sell a cash cow? I don't know why some things are posted sometimes.

#1999 OFFLINE   wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,370 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 06:15 AM

Folks - the Phillies OWN 30% of CSN-Philly. They're not going anywhere.

#2000 OFFLINE   1kyardstare

1kyardstare

AllStar

• Registered
  • 72 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 05:12 PM

Well after waiting too long for Philly sports to get on DTV I think I am going to jump ship. I plan on getting the Get TiVo Elite (so I don't have to use terrible Com... DVR) and go all in. Have been with D since 2000. But it looks like I can save $100 a month and get philly sports.

Depressed a bit was hoping to stay with DTV but pricing seems so attractive now, stopped Sunday Ticket two years ago and don't miss it. I have recently gotten the Comcast Internet and the speeds are great and so far customer service has been good (knock wood). I guess i am done holding my breath for DTV to get comcast sporstnet philly.

Any cons why I shouldn't jump ship at this point?

spam firewall