Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * - 1 votes

Comcast Philadelphia

• Please log in to reply
2383 replies to this topic

#2161 OFFLINE   seventy7doomsday

seventy7doomsday

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:39 AM

just get nfl sunday ticket online $249.00

1. cancel your directv
2. go to sunday ticket online
3. check 3 boxes that say u have never had directv or tried to have it etc.
4. use a different email address
5 get fios or watever other cable for philly sports.

done u have everything and only pay 249.00 for football one time charge.

dont worry about lying to them i did it and everything is fine.

u can run hdmi from ur cpu/laptop/smartphone to ur hdtv.

problem solved close this thread down.

dont tell me about the virtues of directv i had it for 15 years and dropped it like a bad habit.......

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2162 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,913 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:56 AM

dont tell me about the virtues of directv i had it for 15 years and dropped it like a bad habit.......

Interesting...a few months ago you were so ready to come back to DirecTV:

...btw i have jumped to fios about a year ago but almost certainly will return if and when the channel becomes available to directv.

If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#2163 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,958 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:31 AM

3. Pants on fire!!
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#2164 OFFLINE   seventy7doomsday

seventy7doomsday

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:01 AM

Interesting...a few months ago you were so ready to come back to DirecTV:

that is correct, but that was before i knew i could get nfl sunday ticket online.

Now there is really no reason to switch back especially since fios internet is part of my package. i paid for cable and directv all those years and directv shows me they dont care at all really about carrying the channel. so why would i continue with them in this market?

#2165 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,485 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:05 AM

that is correct, but that was before i knew i could get nfl sunday ticket online.

Now there is really no reason to switch back especially since fios internet is part of my package. i paid for cable and directv all those years and directv shows me they dont care at all really about carrying the channel. so why would i continue with them in this market?

So glad that you are proud of lying.

Hmm, isn't this a violation of the forum rules?
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

#2166 OFFLINE   wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:48 AM

I think tonyd79 may be correct - seems to me to be theft of service.

#2167 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:03 PM

Interesting reading in this thread.

As someone who goes to Philly about 15 times a year (for more than 12 years now), I get plenty of opportunity to view the Comcast sports channels. I also frequent WIP radio to get some of the same "cast of characters" that appear on Comcast sports.

I'd rate their content overall as a B-, in terms of anything I would want to view over time. There is plenty of programming that consists of strongly-opinionated and virtually arrogant "sports expert commentary". There's no shortage of that. Likewise, I've seen some impressive "behind the scenes" interviews and "documentary-type" programming that is quite outstanding.

Philly is a "tough" sports town in more ways than one - and the Comcast programming seems to align with that audience. I'm not sure the same popularity holds true outside of that market.

My biggest "issue" with Comcast is their corporate demeanor...which is not exactly friendly. That has certainly contributed to no less than 1/2 of the contractual debates with other providers to date.

Usually when i haev WIP on its either the last bit of the overnight with big daddy graham which leads to angelo and the gang.

Basically most of CSN is on WIP, but they are old goofs,

infact angelo had alot of TV shows on Prism / CSN.

But I rather listen to angleo then the mike and mike bums on 975.

however once they are down i put 975 on when tony bruno comes on.

Directv Premier Sport Packages  NFL ST, MLB EI, NHL CI, NBA LP,

Comcast Triple Play TV ( cheapest tv package for CSN Philly and TCN)

#2168 OFFLINE   je4755

je4755

Godfather

• Registered
  • 383 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:51 AM

As an expatriate Philadelphian, I listen to WIP (Angelo, then Mike and Ike) when jogging in the morning. In addition to reading the electronic editions of the Inquirer and Daily News, I subscribe to ST and CI to watch the Eagles and Flyers, respectively (and also regularly access the CSN Philly website as well as numerous blogs and forums, such as Broad St. Hockey and Igglephans.)

I strongly hope DirecTV ultimately will add CSN Philly HD for two principal reasons: the ability to watch Daily News Live throughout the week (the delayed version on philly.com suffers from constant voice sync issues); the likely greater availability of Flyers and Sixers broadcasts, with home town announcers, in HD.

#2169 OFFLINE   hbg ota nut

hbg ota nut

AllStar

• Registered
  • 89 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:59 AM

Although Philly doesn't fit the bill of multiple RSNs (for most subscribers), does the introduction of the RSN surcharge open the gate to D* finally ponying up the money for it and finding a way to pass the cost through (to us)?

#2170 OFFLINE   Jake34

Jake34

AllStar

• Registered
  • 58 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:53 AM

Although Philly doesn't fit the bill of multiple RSNs (for most subscribers), does the introduction of the RSN surcharge open the gate to D* finally ponying up the money for it and finding a way to pass the cost through (to us)?

My guess would be that this would have no impact. It is just a justification for them to charge more and use rising fees as a reason.
A more important thing to keep an eye on is an article written on tvpredictions.com regarding a New York District Court rejected a joint request by NHL, MLB, Comcast, and Directv to dismiss an antitrust class action suit to dismiss sports blackouts. A hearing will now be held on December 18th according to our article.
I really think lifting the ridiculous sports blackout rules is more likely at this point although I would not hold my breath on anything happening soon or ever.
You can still read the article on tvpredictions.com which was published about a week or so ago.
Any other thoughts would be appreciated by those who know more than me.

#2171 OFFLINE   n3ntj

n3ntj

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:12 PM

I can't foresee sports blackouts going away anytime soon. Sports teams and their RSNs work hard to prevent out-of-town broadcasts of one of their games from entering their markets. Would be nice to see blackouts end, though as it would be much more fan friendly as some aspects.

Back to the topic at hand.. I am guessing there's been no update on D*/Comcrap working on anything regarding CSN Philly. Either Comcrap pays their lawyers well or D* doesn't want to put $$ into fighting this. I thought there were already cases/decisions that prevented this loophole from existing anymore.
HD Snob - "Friends Don't Let Friends Watch Cable".
Electrical/RF Engineer & Inspector
DirecTV Equipment: HR24-200, HR24-100, 5LNB Slimline, AM21, SWiM 8 installed (MRV)
HR-2x Configuration: Native OFF. Units OFF when not in use.
TVs: 2 Panasonic Plasma TV's each using HDMI (one 1080p/one 720p)
DirecTV customer since 1998. Plus HD DVR package w/ NHL Center Ice & MLB Extra Innings.
OTA Antenna: Homebrew UHF & VHF antennas w/ 30dB amplifier fed w/ RG-6 Quad-shield coax.

#2172 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,197 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:00 PM

I can't foresee sports blackouts going away anytime soon. Sports teams and their RSNs work hard to prevent out-of-town broadcasts of one of their games from entering their markets. Would be nice to see blackouts end, though as it would be much more fan friendly as some aspects.

Back to the topic at hand.. I am guessing there's been no update on D*/Comcrap working on anything regarding CSN Philly. Either Comcrap pays their lawyers well or D* doesn't want to put $$ into fighting this. I thought there were already cases/decisions that prevented this loophole from existing anymore.

well the game does not sell out part may come under challenge.

Now the 'outside' market part has lot's of issues that some time show up with things like inner / outer market / outer rings.

MLB territorys needs to be rework way to many areas where a team clams areas that don't have that teams RSN feed or the system cut the games out as they don't want to pay the fees for just being in the outer rings.

Odd how you can get the games for one team in area on a OTA hook up but are blacked on the RSN channel and there are other areas where you are out of the OTA range (without some zip code cheating Dish / direct only) but get the RSN games. WGN 9 / WCIU needs a feed for people in a teams are but out of the OTA range. Atlanta Braves used to have some thing like this.

Odd how when you cross the WI state line the bulls get black out but you can see all other sports on CSN but you can get all the bulls games on WGN / WCIU OTA.

Now at the very least with a out of market pack you should get all games with no black out's*. *only blacked out if a feed is on your system on a local OTA channel (must be on the system not just able to be picked up with your own OTA hook up) or local RSN channel (on the system).

With what the Las Vegas sports books pay they should get it all with no black outs at all.
I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

#2173 OFFLINE   seventy7doomsday

seventy7doomsday

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:59 PM

So glad that you are proud of lying.

Hmm, isn't this a violation of the forum rules?

i am not proud of lying im proud and happy that i finally have it all together with one provider.

Please lying to Directv lol thay dont care one bit i paid $250.00 for the service so its not theft either dude.

i offer you guys a solution instead of crying on and on in this thread which accomplished nothing and has gone on forever...................

#2174 OFFLINE   n3ntj

n3ntj

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:40 PM

Nothing new from the CSN Philly/D* issue? Why hasn't D* petitioned the FCC about carriage due to the loophole ending a few years ago? I don't think D* will get carriage any other way as Comcrap plays hardball otherwise and uses bogus reasons to not agree (such as NFL ST).

I believe such petitioning to the FCC is public record.

I understand, however, that consumers would have no idea of what's going in the background with this issue unless:
1. Either D* or Comcrap were to make some sort of announcement (about ongoing discussions or a carriage agreement), or
2. CSN Philly was all of a sudden added to D*.
DirecTV Equipment: HR24-200, HR24-100, 5LNB Slimline, AM21, SWiM 8 installed (MRV)
DirecTV customer since 1998. Plus HD DVR package w/ NHL Center Ice & MLB Extra Innings.
OTA Antenna: Homebrew UHF & VHF antennas w/ 30dB amplifier fed w/ RG-6 Quad-shield coax.

#2175 OFFLINE   1980ws

1980ws

Legend

• Registered
  • 230 posts
  • LocationLongwood, Florida

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:30 PM

Nothing new from the CSN Philly/D* issue?

I'll be selling solar panels on the dark side of the moon before that happens.

Enjoying D* since 2008 - Choice Xtra Classic
NFLST - MLB.TV PREMIUM - NHL Gamecenter Live
Phillies - Flyers - Rays - Noles

#2176 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,028 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:02 PM

Nothing new from the CSN Philly/D* issue? Why hasn't D* petitioned the FCC about carriage due to the loophole ending a few years ago? I don't think D* will get carriage any other way as Comcrap plays hardball otherwise and uses bogus reasons to not agree (such as NFL ST).

I believe such petitioning to the FCC is public record.

I understand, however, that consumers would have no idea of what's going in the background with this issue unless:
1. Either D* or Comcrap were to make some sort of announcement (about ongoing discussions or a carriage agreement), or
2. CSN Philly was all of a sudden added to D*.

It's all about money at this point there is no petition to the FCC to negotiate the pricing for this. And neither side will ever want the FCC deciding pricing for a channel.

#2177 OFFLINE   n3ntj

n3ntj

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:25 PM

Isn't it known what Verizon pays per sub to carry CSN Philly in the Philly market? If D* agreed to pay the same price per sub within the Philly market, I would think they could use that with their petition to get the FCC off their butts to help get things moving with Comcrap. We all know that Comcrap will do anything legal (and probably illegal) to prevent CSN Philly carriage on D*...

#2178 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,028 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:49 AM

Isn't it known what Verizon pays per sub to carry CSN Philly in the Philly market? If D* agreed to pay the same price per sub within the Philly market, I would think they could use that with their petition to get the FCC off their butts to help get things moving with Comcrap. We all know that Comcrap will do anything legal (and probably illegal) to prevent CSN Philly carriage on D*...

That's just not how it works. DIRECTV has a vastly different distribution system and coverage and you can't just say they'll pay the same as Verizon does. Not to mention there are so many other variables they'd likely have to work out, like streaming of the channel for tv anywhere, etc. Again, at this point, its all about money and no one other than dish would be even close to having a deal structured like the one DIRECTV would have to have.

The is nothing the FCC can do, nor would DIRECTV or anyone else want them to do in is case. Ware way past Comcast using a loop hole, they aren't anymore.

#2179 OFFLINE   fireponcoal

fireponcoal

Icon

• Registered
  • 712 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:47 PM

That's just not how it works. DIRECTV has a vastly different distribution system and coverage and you can't just say they'll pay the same as Verizon does. Not to mention there are so many other variables they'd likely have to work out, like streaming of the channel for tv anywhere, etc. Again, at this point, its all about money and no one other than dish would be even close to having a deal structured like the one DIRECTV would have to have.

The is nothing the FCC can do, nor would DIRECTV or anyone else want them to do in is case. Ware way past Comcast using a loop hole, they aren't anymore.

My question is why should Philadelphians suffer because of Direct TV has a vastly different distribution system? That's kind of a ****ed reason to keep Philadelphians dark when it comes to being able to view any RSN at all.

We are not a small American town in the middle of nowhere. Last time I checked we were the fifth or sixth biggest metro area in the country. I personally would love to see the FCC get involved further. **** both Comcast and Direct TV over this issue.. If either can't come to a consensus on this issue let a third party grease the wheels. [mod edit: removed inappropriate comment]

Edited by Tom Robertson, 17 February 2013 - 04:17 PM.

#2180 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,028 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:52 PM

My question is why should Philadelphians suffer because of Direct TV has a vastly different distribution system? That's kind of a ****ed reason to keep Philadelphians dark when it comes to being able to view any RSN at all.

We are not a small American town in the middle of nowhere. Last time I checked we were the fifth or sixth biggest metro area in the country. I personally would love to see the FCC get involved further. **** both Comcast and Direct TV over this issue.. If either can't come to a consensus on this issue let a third party grease the wheels. [mod edit: removed inappropriate comment]

DIRECTV has never had that channel. Its not like you lost the channel. I think your continuing to miss the problem with asking the FCC to set pricing for providers and Distributors. That's juts a bad idea all around. Not to mention, what's next? Every provider forced to carry every channel at the same pricing structures? Out the window with competition and pull out your wallets...

Philly isn't suffering because of dtvs vastly different system, they are suffering because only Verizon was willing to most likely way over pay to enter the market, where as DIRECTV doesn't need to have that market to survive by any stretch. And Comcast is the greediest company out there or so it seems. The day they compared their Portland RSN to a major nation sports channel is the day they showed that their self absorbed greedy selves know no limit to what they think they can charge people.

What Comcast wants for that channel does not fit in the pricing structure for DIRECTV. End of story. Unless something happens on comcasts end, I don't see that changing, because DIRECTV isn't going to start saying higher costs for channels are ok. they didn't pick up pac12 they sure as hell aren't going to pick up Comcast in Philly.

Edited by Tom Robertson, 17 February 2013 - 04:17 PM.

spam firewall