Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * - 1 votes

Comcast Philadelphia

• Please log in to reply
2392 replies to this topic

#201 OFFLINE   jeepwrang3

jeepwrang3

Legend

• Registered
  • 137 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 02:13 PM

I'll pass, dont like having to shovel 20 plus inches 4 times. Not to mention the beaches got destroyed.
Long time Lurker, first time poster :nono2:

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#202 OFFLINE   wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,419 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 02:45 PM

Actually, I meant the Delaware river in downtown Philly. As far as I can tell, it hasn't ever frozen there.

#203 OFFLINE   n3ntj

n3ntj

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,717 posts
  • LocationLancaster, PA area

Posted 17 April 2010 - 05:34 PM

I have a question on the Comcast Philly situation. I have a friend in Central Pennsylvania who has DirecTV. His zip is 17022. His RSN's are Washington Area & Pittsburgh. Of course he'd love to get Comcast Philadelphia, as would I here in Florida. If he purchased MLB EI, will he get Phillies games on the non-Philly channels? Flyers on CI?

I live in 17022. We get MASN, MASN2, and CSN DC all in HD as our RSNs. We also get FSN Pittsburgh as a secondary RSN here if you have Sportspack.
We get Phillies games on MLB EI...sometimes the CSN Philly feed but just about always the other team's feed. Flyers games are another story. The last game of the season (Rangers vs. Flyers) was on NHL Network but was blacked out here for some reason here on MSG HD and NHL Network.

HD Snob - "Friends Don't Let Friends Watch Cable".
Electrical/RF Engineer & Inspector
DirecTV Equipment: HR24-200 (2), 5LNB Slimline, AM21, SWiM 8 installed (MRV), Cinema Kit (Wifi connection)
Configuration: Native OFF. Units OFF when not in use.
TVs: 2 Panasonic Plasma TV's each using HDMI (one 1080p/one 720p)
DirecTV customer since 1998. Plus HD DVR package w/ NHL Center Ice & MLB Extra Innings.
OTA Antenna: Homebrew UHF & VHF antennas w/ 30dB amplifier fed w/ RG-6 Quad-shield coax.

#204 OFFLINE   jrodfoo

jrodfoo

Godfather

• Registered
  • 458 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 05:45 PM

CSN philly is being used for tonight's Marlins-Phillies game on MLB EI...

#205 OFFLINE   1980ws

1980ws

Legend

• Registered
  • 230 posts
  • LocationLongwood, Florida

Posted 17 April 2010 - 08:03 PM

I live in 17022. We get MASN, MASN2, and CSN DC all in HD as our RSNs. We also get FSN Pittsburgh as a secondary RSN here if you have Sportspack.
We get Phillies games on MLB EI...sometimes the CSN Philly feed but just about always the other team's feed. Flyers games are another story. The last game of the season (Rangers vs. Flyers) was on NHL Network but was blacked out here for some reason here on MSG HD and NHL Network.

Interesting. So if my friend in E-town got MLB EI he would actually be able to see the other teams broadcast of the Phils? He hated Comcast so much he switched even knowing he wouldn't get their games. He didn't want to take a chance with EI and then find out he still wouldn't see them.

I lived there 40 years, moved 6 years ago. I have CI,ST & EI here so I don't miss any Philly teams games. Just miss Comcast Sportsnet and Pizzatown.

Thanks for the update, maybe I'll talk him into getting EI, so he can stop going out for the games.

#206 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 07:00 PM

well after I did the research you are in the middle of these sports networks 17022 is home to

PITTSBURGH
PHILADELPHIA
MID ATLANTIC ( WASHINGTON / BALTIMORE)

It's interesting that you say that MLB EI will show the phillies he might be on the fault line as an example of what is suppose to be blacked out and whats allowed.

Techinically, with directv service in 17022

you are suppose to get all the stations above and must watch the teams corresponding to those networks. You are suppose to be blacked on on any sports subscription EI CI, ST and all the others.

with comcast providing service to that area,

they get the whole thing. including CSN TCN

it seems you are on a boundary where some stuff is getting through and some as you said like NHL network being blacked out.

i know once you get passed harrisburg heading west to PITT that you are out of the Philadelphia regional sports market so you should be good.

#207 OFFLINE   n3ntj

n3ntj

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,717 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 07:26 PM

Interesting. So if my friend in E-town got MLB EI he would actually be able to see the other teams broadcast of the Phils? He hated Comcast so much he switched even knowing he wouldn't get their games. He didn't want to take a chance with EI and then find out he still wouldn't see them.

I lived there 40 years, moved 6 years ago. I have CI,ST & EI here so I don't miss any Philly teams games. Just miss Comcast Sportsnet and Pizzatown.

Thanks for the update, maybe I'll talk him into getting EI, so he can stop going out for the games.

Yum.. Pizzatown. There certainly are a lot of pizza places around here.

DirecTV Equipment: HR24-200 (2), 5LNB Slimline, AM21, SWiM 8 installed (MRV), Cinema Kit (Wifi connection)
DirecTV customer since 1998. Plus HD DVR package w/ NHL Center Ice & MLB Extra Innings.
OTA Antenna: Homebrew UHF & VHF antennas w/ 30dB amplifier fed w/ RG-6 Quad-shield coax.

#208 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 03:11 PM

looks like no more games on CSN for flyers all is national tv from here on out. good news for D and E and everyone.

but also 5/5/10 BRUINS @ FLYERS CARDINALS @ PHILLIES BOTH GAMES

STARTING AT 7 UNLESS MLB APPROVES OF MOVING THE PHILLIES TO A DAY GAME.

NOW FLYERS WILL BE ON VERSUS. AND PHILLIES ARE SCHEDULED TO BE ON ESPN.

NORMALLY AN ESPN GAME DURING THE WEEK IS BLACKEDOUT IN PHILLY IF THEIR PLAYING AND WE HAVE TO USE CSN.

BUT WWW.CSNPHILLY.COM SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM OF THE MAIN PAGE AND IT SHOWS THE TEAMS SCHEDULES AND NETWORK AND EVEN CSN HAS PHILLIES ON ESPN.

INFACT SAT SUN AND WED ARE ON NATIONAL TV GAMES FOX SAT ESPN SUN AND WED ESPN. VERY STRANGE.

2 NATIONAL GAMES IN 2 SPORTS AT THE SAME TIME.

#209 OFFLINE   dvdmth

dvdmth

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,030 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 29 April 2010 - 05:51 PM

looks like no more games on CSN for flyers all is national tv from here on out. good news for D and E and everyone.

Games 6 and 7 are not Versus exclusives, so CSN Philly can pick them up, causing any Versus coverage to be blacked out in Philly.

#210 OFFLINE   jlosh

jlosh

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 06:47 PM

The Flyers website listed games 2,3 & 4 as Versus exclusive. Games 5,6 &7 will be broadcast on CSN. I guess that means the Phillies will be bumped to TCN, if they aren't national broadcasts.

#211 OFFLINE   wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,419 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 07:32 AM

Yep, Flyers to be blacked out for the CSN-P games.

#212 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 10:13 AM

k your right i see it they took forver in announcing it. 5-7 on CSN

Edited by la24philly, 30 April 2010 - 10:16 AM.
correction

#213 OFFLINE   n3ntj

n3ntj

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,717 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 03:14 PM

looks like no more games on csn for flyers all is national tv from here on out. Good news for d and e and everyone.

But also 5/5/10 bruins @ flyers cardinals @ phillies both games

starting at 7 unless mlb approves of moving the phillies to a day game.

Now flyers will be on versus. And phillies are scheduled to be on espn.

Normally an espn game during the week is blackedout in philly if their playing and we have to use csn.

But www.csnphilly.com scroll to the bottom of the main page and it shows the teams schedules and network and even csn has phillies on espn.

Infact sat sun and wed are on national tv games fox sat espn sun and wed espn. Very strange.

2 national games in 2 sports at the same time.

why are you screaming?!?

#214 OFFLINE   jlosh

jlosh

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 03:37 PM

I will be so glad when this is all done and CSN is available. No longer will I have to scour websites to find out if the game will be available. It'll just be a channel change away.

#215 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 10:21 PM

i agree josh. to the one said about screaming where in that text was i screaming

#216 OFFLINE   sunfire9us

sunfire9us

Godfather

• Registered
  • 371 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 02:02 AM

i agree josh. to the one said about screaming where in that text was i screaming

When a person chats using all capital letters that is screaming

#217 OFFLINE   Peter305

Peter305

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 09:33 AM

I will be so glad when this is all done and CSN is available. No longer will I have to scour websites to find out if the game will be available. It'll just be a channel change away.

I agree it will be nice but there are no guarantees that this will change any time soon.

#218 OFFLINE   n3ntj

n3ntj

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,717 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 03:27 PM

Please quit typing your posts in all CAPS. When you do so, it means that you are screaming. Simple netiquette.

#219 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 03:50 PM

well with me caps are not screaming. I did it because its nice and big and easier to read.

If you have a problem you dont have to reply to my posts.

#220 ONLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,703 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 01 May 2010 - 03:58 PM

well with me caps are not screaming. I did it because its nice and big and easier to read.

If you have a problem you dont have to reply to my posts.

What they are telling you is that capital letters on the internet designate screaming. No matter if you think you are or not, that is how it is taken from years and years of posting by millions of people. It is just the internet society and how it uses things.

If you need to see your words better, if you have Internet Explorer or many other web browsers, you can magnify the window (in IE 7 and up, click the magnifying glass on the lower right of the window to set it larger). Or you can change the settings on your computer screen.

I understand you did not intend to scream. It is just how it is perceived by others.
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

Protected By... spam firewall...And...