Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * - 1 votes

Comcast Philadelphia

• Please log in to reply
2383 replies to this topic

#221 OFFLINE   Avder

Avder

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 04:57 PM

well with me caps are not screaming. I did it because its nice and big and easier to read.

If you have a problem you dont have to reply to my posts.

All caps is something that annoys a lot of people, and at this point I would say that typing in all caps is your signature move.

There are other ways to put emphasis on things in your post while leaving it readable.

Bold, for example.
Italics works too.
You can even underline stuff.
Mix and match also works.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#222 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 10:31 AM

i know but i like caps so if i use it then i use it. I'm allowed its not illegal.

I dont see it as screaming.

#223 OFFLINE   n3ntj

n3ntj

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,700 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 11:21 AM

i know but i like caps so if i use it then i use it. I'm allowed its not illegal.

I dont see it as screaming.

Maybe you don't, but everyone else does.
HD Snob - "Friends Don't Let Friends Watch Cable".
Electrical/RF Engineer & Inspector
DirecTV Equipment: HR24-200, HR24-100, 5LNB Slimline, AM21, SWiM 8 installed (MRV)
HR-2x Configuration: Native OFF. Units OFF when not in use.
TVs: 2 Panasonic Plasma TV's each using HDMI (one 1080p/one 720p)
DirecTV customer since 1998. Plus HD DVR package w/ NHL Center Ice & MLB Extra Innings.
OTA Antenna: Homebrew UHF & VHF antennas w/ 30dB amplifier fed w/ RG-6 Quad-shield coax.

#224 OFFLINE   spaul

spaul

Godfather

• Registered
  • 264 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 12:09 PM

I,don,t care what Comcast would ever offer for their inferior servic and equipment I will never go back to them after almost 3 yrs.Tha being said it would be great to get my home town Phila sports teams games. It has been mentioned before but, even if I sub scribe to any extra package for NBA,NHL&MLB I,can,t get the Phila.games because of Comcast .This is wrong on so many levels foremost in getting extra package I, should atleast get the other teams feed.There was even mention of some people living in so called Comcast country but, because they won,t wire to acouple of houses they have no choice but Sat.tv .When I first got Directv ESPN ,TNT featured Phila teams I got the games but, tha ended last year.The worst of all with Comcast is with the Flyers & Sixers games in the last year they totally did away with any local OTA broadcast at least Phillies are still may be 2 games a week on OTA either local or natrional broadcast.

#225 OFFLINE   spaul

spaul

Godfather

• Registered
  • 264 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 12:12 PM

please excuse some of my typing errotrs on previous post but, I,m sure the that most get my thoughts.

#226 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 12:34 PM

spaul what you could do is order the cheapest comcast package basically for 2 channels

CSN and TCN.

I prefer directv to but until it becomes offical its the only way.

you could do verizon fios if available.

#227 OFFLINE   spaul

spaul

Godfather

• Registered
  • 264 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 03:25 PM

thanks for your input Fios is only available at other end of my township and I,ll just have to wait for Directv to get CSN Phila.Because I,won,t deal at all with Comcast .

#228 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 08:15 PM

spaul i here you, my neighboor who is cool as hell lets me watch over his place right next door when game is on.

lots of times about 3 or 4 of us take turns on beer n food runs.

good stuff.

but csn on d is almost here. but I hope that even when that happens they provide the alternate.

games are alson TCN im hoping if they dont add that channel that they provide the alternate feed when games are on their.

#229 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 08:16 PM

funny thing is verizon fios for the first time ever has channel listings for my zip code, i called them but they arent on my street.

I said that makes no sense why advertise channels for my zipcode but your not ready to offer service.

theire all idiots.

#230 OFFLINE   jpl

jpl

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 10:07 AM

funny thing is verizon fios for the first time ever has channel listings for my zip code, i called them but they arent on my street.

I said that makes no sense why advertise channels for my zipcode but your not ready to offer service.

theire all idiots.

Because they probably offer service SOMEWHERE in your zip code. Just not yet on your street.

#231 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,907 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 03 May 2010 - 10:08 AM

theire all idiots.

Ummm...yeah.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#232 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 05:29 PM

i here you but it still the dumest thing ever if your wiring and hooking up and you enter a zip code you should be prepared to offer service to the entire zip code not certain streets.

#233 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,438 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 03 May 2010 - 05:40 PM

i here you but it still the dumest thing ever if your wiring and hooking up and you enter a zip code you should be prepared to offer service to the entire zip code not certain streets.

Are they done? If not, it takes time. Should everyone in your zip code have to wait until everyone is done? Even then, some areas within a zip code never get cable or Fios. It depends on how the contract with the local authorities is written. Often it is a certain percentage of households and the ones that are not financially profitable are not done.
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

#234 OFFLINE   D*HR-20

D*HR-20

Legend

• Registered
  • 229 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 05:41 PM

So, if you saw them putting the fiber cable down on your street, you would be ok with waiting months, if not years depending on the size of your zip code, after everything is ready to light up for them to finish your zip code just so it doesn't mention your zip code until it is available to every single home in your zip code.

#235 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 09:27 PM

well its basically describing the mansion accross the street to the cardboard box.

he can have it the other can't.

#236 OFFLINE   jpl

jpl

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 06:20 AM

I'm sorry, but that just makes no sense. What if I lived in the same zip code, and service was available to me? Are you saying that I shouldn't be able to see what channels are available to me just because the ENTIRE zip code isn't wired up yet?

#237 OFFLINE   Upstream

Upstream

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 12:14 PM

In some cases, zip codes are huge, covering parts of multiple towns or even multiple counties. For instance the 08540 zip code in New Jersey covers 45,000 people in 53 square miles located in parts of 9 towns in 3 counties, parts of 4 area codes, and parts of 2 television markets.

#238 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 08:46 PM

jpl n up you make valid points. And your right if its available to you i would feel the same way.

But be honest with me. if all you had your life was comcast and you finally have a chance to get something else and still have the sports network.

Wouldnt you be madd if a new cable provider setup shop and offered service to these streets but not these streets.

I mean if im starting a cable business i would want to be able to offer all services i could and make money.

how great would I look, if customers came up to me and said i live here same zip code but I'm sorry I dont have service on your streets.

then they walk away pissed.

now I make no money.

All's I'm saying is verizon is brand new with fios in the philly area. Its not right that they would start service in some parts of a zip code but not all parts.

my zip code 19144 is big but not that big.

#239 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,438 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 04 May 2010 - 08:53 PM

All's I'm saying is verizon is brand new with fios in the philly area. Its not right that they would start service in some parts of a zip code but not all parts.

my zip code 19144 is big but not that big.

Fios is very good at providing their building schedule. It is usually on line but I don't know how to find it. Maybe try googling fios and building schedule and your town/county. Or call them. Or if there is a digging website in your area (ours is Miss Utility), they often show the digging permits.

It is not possible for them to build it all at one time. It has to be phased. They are laying new fiber optics up and down the streets/roads. They have to work within permits, etc. It often takes months and sometimes well over a year to build in a jurisdiction, which, BTW is almost NEVER a zip code. It is usually a town, city or county. Zip codes are just post office entities. They cross towns or split towns. They have nothing to do with any goverment entities but cable contracts are by government entities.
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

#240 OFFLINE   dtv757

dtv757

Icon

• Registered
  • 757 posts
  • Location757

Posted 05 May 2010 - 03:59 AM

does any one else get all the PHILLIE's games blacked out??

my sister lives in 18704 and she is saying that all the phillies games are blacked-out??? could this have to deal with the comcast/D* dispute over CSN philly?

DIRECTV customer since SEPT 2000 (1) Genie (2) Genie Mini's (1) HR22-100 (1) HR23-700 all networked, total 10 live tunners!!-------------
SAYING NO TO CABLE .. PRICELESS
There’s good TV there’s better TV and than there’s DIRECTV (the undisputed sports & HD leader in TV)
NOTE: my comments are my own personal options and in no way shape or form represent my employer

spam firewall