Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * - 1 votes

Comcast Philadelphia

• Please log in to reply
2383 replies to this topic

#581 OFFLINE   spaul

spaul

Godfather

• Registered
  • 264 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 09:08 AM

I,m not holding my breath waiting for Comcast to let Directv to have CSN Phila. With this being said I,ll just continue without it as I have for over 4yrs. now.If it ever comes on Directv it will be like Christmas all year.That being said I,won,t ever go back to Comcast,s inferior equipment and picture quality.As mentioned awhile back the only change I, would consider would be if Fios became available in my area since they do carry CSN Phila.My inlaws have Fios but,the other end of my township of West Deptford .From what I,ve read Fios isn,t expanding or spending any more to build out to other areas.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#582 OFFLINE   crimpshrine

crimpshrine

Legend

• Registered
  • 246 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 09:39 AM

I,m not holding my breath waiting for Comcast to let Directv to have CSN Phila. With this being said I,ll just continue without it as I have for over 4yrs. now.If it ever comes on Directv it will be like Christmas all year.That being said I,won,t ever go back to Comcast,s inferior equipment and picture quality.As mentioned awhile back the only change I, would consider would be if Fios became available in my area since they do carry CSN Phila.My inlaws have Fios but,the other end of my township of West Deptford .From what I,ve read Fios isn,t expanding or spending any more to build out to other areas.

I'm not trying to be mean or anything but I think that's the most comma's I've seen in a paragraph EVER! :lol:

#583 OFFLINE   sunfire9us

sunfire9us

Godfather

• Registered
  • 371 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 01:06 PM

Well you get the point, the cable companies are deliberately doing this to make their exclusive sports channels non available. DTV was close to some kind of deal carrying some of the other Cox sports channels and when the issue concerning SD4 came up, Cox totally refused and the talks broke down.

#584 OFFLINE   n3ntj

n3ntj

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,700 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 05:59 PM

Having D* customers mad at D* for not carrying CSN Philly is exactly what Comcrap is hoping for. That's why they don't provide CSN Philly to D* and they will do everything possible to prevent D* from ever carrying CSN Philly.
HD Snob - "Friends Don't Let Friends Watch Cable".
Electrical/RF Engineer & Inspector
DirecTV Equipment: HR24-200, HR24-100, 5LNB Slimline, AM21, SWiM 8 installed (MRV)
HR-2x Configuration: Native OFF. Units OFF when not in use.
TVs: 2 Panasonic Plasma TV's each using HDMI (one 1080p/one 720p)
DirecTV customer since 1998. Plus HD DVR package w/ NHL Center Ice & MLB Extra Innings.
OTA Antenna: Homebrew UHF & VHF antennas w/ 30dB amplifier fed w/ RG-6 Quad-shield coax.

#585 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,192 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 11:27 PM

Having D* customers mad at D* for not carrying CSN Philly is exactly what Comcrap is hoping for. That's why they don't provide CSN Philly to D* and they will do everything possible to prevent D* from ever carrying CSN Philly.

Comcast was willing to trade NFL ST For CSN PHILLY.
I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

#586 OFFLINE   psuscott0483

psuscott0483

Godfather

• Registered
  • 333 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 08:21 AM

:beatdeadhorse:
DIRECTV since 2005
Premier Package + MRV + NHL Center Ice + NFL Sunday Ticket
HR34-700
HR24-500
H21-100
H23-600 x 3
H24-100 x 4
H25-500
Setup | Setup Diagram

#587 OFFLINE   spaul

spaul

Godfather

• Registered
  • 264 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 08:40 AM

The comment about Comcast willing to give CSN Phila. up for getting access to sunday ticket is old.It,s apples for oranges first off all providers had a chance to bid for exclusive package of NFL games .This is NFL holding to only one provider and not to be sharred and given to high bidder.Which the only thing Directv controlled was their $$$ bid. The NFL games on the ticket are blacked out in home market unless sold out in advace of 72hrs of game.Nobody that has Directv is kept from having their home team game shown locally even without the Sunday Ticket but, Comcast holding Phila.area fans hostage from receiving almost all of the other 3 major sports teams games Phillies,Sixers &Flyers.This is the only section of the country that this is so blatant.

#588 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,093 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 10:43 AM

EXACTLY!!!! You cannot blame DTV for this!!! If they could, they would be carrying CSN PHILLY now. Comcrap is being a pain in the ass about this and not letting anything happen. This is the same exact thing that Cox Cable had been doing all this time regarding SD4 which carries the SD Padres games. All of us SD Padres out of market fans have went thru the same EXACT issue as all the out of market Philly fans thanks to the two sorry ass cable companies: Cox and Comcrap.

CSNBA has no programing between games, just a slate.

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

#589 OFFLINE   pbg

pbg

Godfather

• Registered
  • 435 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 11:04 AM

What would the NFL do with Comcast Philly?

The NFL puts Sunday Ticket out to bid. DirecTV had the high bid. I'm not even sure Comcast entered a bid for it? Comcast tries to use Sunday Ticket to legitimize not providing Comcast Philly, but the logic (if you want to call it that) is nonsensical and completely flawed.
TOTAL CHOICE Plus - HR22-100 , HR23-700
Sunday Ticket - Super Fan | MLB Extra Innings | NHL Center Ice | NBA League Pass

#590 OFFLINE   crimpshrine

crimpshrine

Legend

• Registered
  • 246 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 11:20 AM

CSNBA has no programing between games, just a slate.

What are you talking about?

First off, that response has nothing to do with the original posters comments and second, CSNBA has plenty of programming between games. :confused:

#591 ONLINE   fireponcoal

fireponcoal

Icon

• Registered
  • 710 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 01:53 PM

I'm upset with the lack of action I see from either side and not mad at direct tv specifically. Im just frustrated because I want to keep D*. I keep going back and forth about switching to fios tv service to be perfectly honest..

#592 OFFLINE   wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 02:07 PM

CSN-Philly is really an excellent service. I caught it while I was on vacation. If I were a die-hard Philly sports fan, I'd drop D* or E* to get it.

But I'm not, so I enjoy my otherwise superior D* service.

#593 OFFLINE   n3ntj

n3ntj

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,700 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 04:24 PM

I don't think that is a fair trade.

NFL ST is a package that is owned by the NFL, not D*. The NFL put the package out for bids and apparently D* was the winning bidder. Why should Comcrap be mad that it wasn't the high bidder? If they want to be mad at anyone, let me be at the NFL for apparently having a single-provider contract. Next time, maybe Comcrap should bid higher if it thinks that highly of NFL ST.

Since D* is national, and Comcrap, TW, Cablevision, etc. are regional, having NFL ST on D* allows customers from all over the USA to access this package. If Comcrap had NFL ST exclusively, then only Comcrap customers (where Comcrap provides service) would have a chance of subbing to it.

Maybe someday the NFL will offer ST to any provider that agrees to pay $XXXX..anyone that ponies up that money can provide the package. We don't even know if this isn't the way it works.. maybe no-one but D* was willing to pony up the necessary fee.
HD Snob - "Friends Don't Let Friends Watch Cable".
Electrical/RF Engineer & Inspector
DirecTV Equipment: HR24-200, HR24-100, 5LNB Slimline, AM21, SWiM 8 installed (MRV)
HR-2x Configuration: Native OFF. Units OFF when not in use.
TVs: 2 Panasonic Plasma TV's each using HDMI (one 1080p/one 720p)
DirecTV customer since 1998. Plus HD DVR package w/ NHL Center Ice & MLB Extra Innings.
OTA Antenna: Homebrew UHF & VHF antennas w/ 30dB amplifier fed w/ RG-6 Quad-shield coax.

#594 OFFLINE   Mark20

Mark20

Godfather

• Registered
  • 272 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 08:05 PM

I reside in the Philly area and every now and then my son complains we should get C* since they have Phillies games he wants to watch. However, after they decided to quadruple my bill it will be very hard to go back to them no matter how much my son whines.
-- Mark

1 HR24-100
1 R15-100

"They'll take my DVR from me when they pry it from my cold dead fingers."

#595 OFFLINE   psuscott0483

psuscott0483

Godfather

• Registered
  • 333 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 08:48 AM

I reside in the Philly area and every now and then my son complains we should get C* since they have Phillies games he wants to watch. However, after they decided to quadruple my bill it will be very hard to go back to them no matter how much my son whines.

punch in your zipcode here: http://www.directv.c...ssetId=P3000004

does the nationals and orioles show up? if it does...ill let you know where i am going with this.
DIRECTV since 2005
HR34-700
HR24-500
H21-100
H23-600 x 3
H24-100 x 4
H25-500
Setup | Setup Diagram

#596 OFFLINE   jlosh

jlosh

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 10:04 AM

does the nationals and orioles show up? if it does...ill let you know where i am going with this.

I live in SE PA and I get MASN, which has the Nationals and Orioles games. I am curious, what's up?

#597 OFFLINE   psuscott0483

psuscott0483

Godfather

• Registered
  • 333 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 10:52 AM

I live in SE PA and I get MASN, which has the Nationals and Orioles games. I am curious, what's up?

sent you a pm
DIRECTV since 2005
HR34-700
HR24-500
H21-100
H23-600 x 3
H24-100 x 4
H25-500
Setup | Setup Diagram

#598 ONLINE   fireponcoal

fireponcoal

Icon

• Registered
  • 710 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 07:45 PM

http://mobile.multic..._Three_RSNs.php

Comcast Seeks Suspension Of Dish Arbitration Order Against Three RSNs

Go get em'charlie! I'm guessing D* would never attempt such a tactic to get their elusive RSN's... Might lead to interesting results if they tried.

Edited by fireponcoal, 27 November 2010 - 11:02 PM.

#599 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,192 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 11:43 PM

Dish losing CSN Chicago will be a big blow to dish and as the teams owning 80% of that network meas that comcast does not have a lot of pull over it.
I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

#600 OFFLINE   wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 09:17 AM

Here's what I get:

"The 19425 ZIP Code is not in any team's home territory. "

spam firewall