Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * - 1 votes

Comcast Philadelphia

• Please log in to reply
2392 replies to this topic

#1121 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,118 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 14 April 2011 - 10:15 AM

sixers first round match with heat network info not yet released in full but CSN has this listed www.csnphilly.com scroll down to bottom and you will see sixers tv listing.

http://www.csnphilly...3248&feedID=704

this now moves the phillies game to PHL 17

sat 3:30 on ABC

Mon 7 TCN

Thur 8 CSN

Sun 1 ABC

4/27 wed time and network TBA same for game 6 and 7

They're all nationally televised.
Game 1 - ABC
2 - TNT
3 - TNT
4 - ABC
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#1122 OFFLINE   hbg ota nut

hbg ota nut

AllStar

• Registered
  • 89 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 07:51 PM

Flyers are live on versus, post Canadiens game. Not blacked out in Harrisburg. They are using the CSN Philly feed.

#1123 OFFLINE   Jimmy 440

Jimmy 440

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,666 posts
  • LocationMonmouth County NJ

Posted 14 April 2011 - 07:59 PM

D is also showing CSN P in HD tonight on Center Ice.Chs 771 & 771-1 !

JIMMY

DirecTv 1999
Olevia 42" HD
HR22-100
--------------------
NHL CI
MLB EI

#1124 OFFLINE   Peter305

Peter305

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 08:21 PM

Flyers are live on versus, post Canadiens game. Not blacked out in Harrisburg. They are using the CSN Philly feed.

It was blacked out in Philly.

At least Buffalo won.... :)

#1125 OFFLINE   mjd180

mjd180

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 08:24 PM

But why would they ever be blacked out in Harrisburg?

Isn't Harrisburg outside the Philly market zone?

#1126 OFFLINE   hbg ota nut

hbg ota nut

AllStar

• Registered
  • 89 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 08:28 PM

But why would they ever be blacked out in Harrisburg?

Isn't Harrisburg outside the Philly market zone?

Harrisburg is Philly, DC, Baltimore, and Pittsburgh territory. Phillies are usually always blacked out.

#1127 OFFLINE   loveshockey

loveshockey

Godfather

• Registered
  • 377 posts
  • LocationLancaster, NY

Posted 14 April 2011 - 10:19 PM

Noticed tomorrow's Phillies game has a dual feed for Extra Innings...is that a CSN Philly game?

#1128 OFFLINE   Eksynyt

Eksynyt

Icon

• Registered
  • 834 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 11:26 PM

More than likely it will simply not come on and the guide is wrong. It has been for every CSN Philly game.

#1129 OFFLINE   wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,418 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 05:13 AM

Harrisburg is in their territory

#1130 OFFLINE   jeepwrang3

jeepwrang3

Legend

• Registered
  • 137 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 08:38 AM

got both feeds last night, and was shocked to get CSN Philly in HD with Philly commercials. Not sure what DTV did,but it was awesome The game not so much from a flyers fan standpoint, but Miller was amazing.
Long time Lurker, first time poster :nono2:

#1131 OFFLINE   dvdmth

dvdmth

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,028 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 15 April 2011 - 09:31 AM

got both feeds last night, and was shocked to get CSN Philly in HD with Philly commercials. Not sure what DTV did,but it was awesome The game not so much from a flyers fan standpoint, but Miller was amazing.

Indeed, that was a nice treat. Since upgrading to HD, I remember only two Flyers HD telecasts on Center Ice before. One was a back haul feed without commercials (and with a number of technical issues), and the other was an "NHL Extra" feed from CSN California. This is the first time ever that I've seen the actual Flyers telecast, as seen in Philadelphia, in HD.

I am not a Flyers fan by any means, but I do enjoy their telecasts, on the rare occasions I can get them (usually in SD only).

#1132 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 09:46 AM

well personally the sarg does phillies games and he is my fav of the phillies broadcasters.

for flyers coatsey is what makes the show jim jackson very good play by play i could do without keith jones but its good

#1133 OFFLINE   n3ntj

n3ntj

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,717 posts
  • LocationLancaster, PA area

Posted 15 April 2011 - 04:00 PM

Until Comcrap allows other providers access to their signal, everyone should be out of the Phillies territory unless they have Comcrap cable.

HD Snob - "Friends Don't Let Friends Watch Cable".
Electrical/RF Engineer & Inspector
DirecTV Equipment: HR24-200 (2), 5LNB Slimline, AM21, SWiM 8 installed (MRV), Cinema Kit (Wifi connection)
Configuration: Native OFF. Units OFF when not in use.
TVs: 2 Panasonic Plasma TV's each using HDMI (one 1080p/one 720p)
DirecTV customer since 1998. Plus HD DVR package w/ NHL Center Ice & MLB Extra Innings.
OTA Antenna: Homebrew UHF & VHF antennas w/ 30dB amplifier fed w/ RG-6 Quad-shield coax.

#1134 OFFLINE   wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,418 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 05:37 AM

Of course, we in the Philly DMA were blacked out and will be again tonight.

#1135 OFFLINE   hbg ota nut

hbg ota nut

AllStar

• Registered
  • 89 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 07:40 AM

Interesting thing happened last night. I receive CSN Washington as well as FSN Pitt, yet both the games on VS last night were not blacked out. Hope for us afterall?

#1136 OFFLINE   Jake34

Jake34

AllStar

• Registered
  • 58 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 08:29 AM

I live west of Harrisburg in Perry County. I got the MLB package for the first time this year. I typically have gotten baseball without blackout for Washington and Pittsburgh games before I got the package. I was led to believe I would be able to view Phillies games on MLB without blackout except for Washington and Pittsburgh and in those cases I could just watch them on my regional telecast.
So far this season I have been blacked out on all Phillies games on MLB. Is this what I haver to look forward to the rest of the year? If so I will be cancelling MLB at end of season. Anybody have any insight on this?

#1137 OFFLINE   espnjason

espnjason

Armchair Referee

• Registered
  • 529 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 10:19 AM

Well, to know for certain that you are in Phillies territory, use the zip code locator at MLB.tv (it is towards the bottom of the page). But from what I've understood, if you ordered MLB Extra Innings and you still can't watch Phillies games on a more frequent basis, there is almost a definite chance that you are in Phillies territory. And unfortunately, as of right now the only way to see them is if they're nationally televised unless you have Comcast Cable in the Phillies territory. Or if you move somewhere else.

A lot of us who posted on this thread wanted to see this resolved for the last 15 years. I used to live in South Jersey for a few years before I moved out west and honestly I tried to get Comcast cable, but when the CSR's at C* told me that "Comcast does not currently serve my area" on two occasions, I decided to say "Screw it, I'd try DirecTV" and I was with D* ever since.

I know it has been said before on this thread, but I would like to ask "Why should those of us who are not able to get Comcast get the stiff arm when we want to watch the Phillies, Flyers, and Sixers. As well as all the Philly sports shows?" That is why I want CSN-Philly on D*, and it should have been done years ago. Now that I live outside Philly, I'd like to ask "How come Comcast won't put CSN-Philly at least on the D* Sports Pack so they would potentially attract more out-of-area viewers?" Just look what it did for the YES Network. One would think that it would be to C*'s advantage to obtain as many viewers as possible, apparently C* only looks for more cable subscribers, and their cable growth is stagnant at best.

I live west of Harrisburg in Perry County. I got the MLB package for the first time this year. I typically have gotten baseball without blackout for Washington and Pittsburgh games before I got the package. I was led to believe I would be able to view Phillies games on MLB without blackout except for Washington and Pittsburgh and in those cases I could just watch them on my regional telecast.
So far this season I have been blacked out on all Phillies games on MLB. Is this what I haver to look forward to the rest of the year? If so I will be cancelling MLB at end of season. Anybody have any insight on this?

Edited by espnjason, 16 April 2011 - 10:30 AM.

#1138 OFFLINE   wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,418 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 10:56 AM

espnjason - Comcast is a company full of luddites. Their behavior does not surprise me in the least.

#1139 OFFLINE   311Man

311Man

Godfather

• Registered
  • 276 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 11:26 AM

Folks this will be the longest running thread in DBSTalk history. CSN Philly is never going to be on D* or any other satellite company in the Philly market. I am in the Philly market and being a D* customer for 13 years. I came to the reality many years ago that Comcast's deep pockets and political friends will assure to protect this market for Comcast. Rules have come and gone regarding this and the Philly market is always exempt.

#1140 OFFLINE   mjd180

mjd180

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 12:02 PM

One would think that it would be to C*'s advantage to obtain as many viewers as possible, apparently C* only looks for more cable subscribers, and their cable growth is stagnant at best.

Actually, Comcast, like all bloated/expensive cable companies have been hemorrhaging customers for years now. And guess where those customers are going? Either to legal/illegal PC downloads, or to satellite tv.

It's in their monopolistic self-interest to keep CSN Philly to themselves, as a cable company.

But Comcast is no longer just the country's biggest cable company. They are now a media distribution giant. Their ownership in NBC television and Universal Pictures movies dwarfs the importance of their cable empire. And, yet, it's still the SOS when it comes CSN Philly. Hopefully, all of this overambition and shortsightedness on what should take priority will lead them to bankruptcy. It will take several years to occur, but I will enjoy it if it happens (even if it means hurting the competitiveness/spending on the Flyers and Sixers - and I love those teams, but this is just how much I'm rooting against Comcast). I guess grudges can be perverse.

Then again, it takes two to tango, and Directv is not totally without fault. Because of the legal changes the past couple of years, it seems likely that Comcast is currently offering CSN Philly to Directv at an inflated, but technically "fair", market price. I understand they have to look at their bottom line as well, but how about giving something back to their long-suffering Philly area customers, as a reward for sticking with them all these years?

Yeah right, I'm sure that'll happen (lol)...

Protected By... spam firewall...And...