Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * - 1 votes

Comcast Philadelphia

• Please log in to reply
2383 replies to this topic

#1401 OFFLINE   ni711

ni711

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 07:32 AM

I live in south jersey about 20 minutes from Philadelphia. But directv's regional sports lookup put me in ny region. Even though all my locals are Philly stations. So I talked directv into giving me MLB extra innings for $20 for the rest of the year so I could test this out. And to my surprise I was able to watch the phils last night! Has anyone had luck with the flyers on the NHL package in the sj area?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#1402 OFFLINE   dhhaines

dhhaines

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,239 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 07:38 AM

I live in south jersey about 20 minutes from Philadelphia. But directv's regional sports lookup put me in ny region. Even though all my locals are Philly stations. So I talked directv into giving me MLB extra innings for $20 for the rest of the year so I could test this out. And to my surprise I was able to watch the phils last night! Has anyone had luck with the flyers on the NHL package in the sj area?

Nope which is why since my contract is up I'm going with FIOS as soon as the strike is over. Been with DirecTV since 1998 and tired of getting blacked out of local sports.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
I read a report that said the typical symptoms of stress were eating too much, drinking too much, impulse buying, and driving too fast. Who are they kidding? That's my idea of a perfect day.

Directv 3/1998-9/2011
now with Verizon FIOS and loving the faster DVR and being able to use both the external & internal drives at the same time

#1403 OFFLINE   spaul

spaul

Godfather

• Registered
  • 264 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 09:54 AM

Boy I wish it was true for sure about getting the Phillies on MLB Extra Innings and not a one time clitch.I,have said many times I would be happy if we as in Phila. area sports fans could at lease buy these sports packages and get ourt home teams games without being blacked out.Since we never know if CSN Phila. will ever come to Directv .Yes it would cost a lot more then just getting our local RSN like everybody else but, it still would satisfy a need plus we would be paying for this not like just getting it for free.You can go round and round about the leagues protecting the local market but, how about the revenue from us that as of now they get zero.I mentioned a while back that living in West Deptford NJ I get MSG as my RSN .Which I get to see my 4 big Sixers games with the Knicks and the same of the Flyers and Rangers don,t know why in my location MSG is the assigned RSN here in South Jersey.Last if we did get the League passes without black outs even if it was the away teams feed long as it is the game and in HD is my only priority at this point.Great :mad: the Phillies are rained out no PHL 17 today.

#1404 OFFLINE   ni711

ni711

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 11:09 AM

@spaul I'm not far from u and I have been able to watch the hd home or away feed on MLB extra innings on fri and sat(I added on friday). When my friend heard this he also added MLB extra innings with the same result.

Go to directv.com and search for regional sports coverage, click local regional sports network. Enter your zip, If it shows ny/nj teams then it's probably worth seeing if u can get dtv to add MLB extra innings for cheap to see if you will get the games. I got it for $20 which I thought was worth the gamble.

#1405 OFFLINE   spaul

spaul

Godfather

• Registered
  • 264 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 03:46 PM

Ni 77 thanks for the info I will have to check it out since I get MSG as my RSN .

#1406 OFFLINE   psuscott0483

psuscott0483

Godfather

• Registered
  • 333 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 09:53 AM

if you already get another rsn for baseball (masn, msg, etc), adding mlb ei will give you phillies
DIRECTV since 2005
Premier Package + MRV + NHL Center Ice + NFL Sunday Ticket
HR34-700
HR24-500
H21-100
H23-600 x 3
H24-100 x 4
H25-500
Setup | Setup Diagram

#1407 OFFLINE   hbg ota nut

hbg ota nut

AllStar

• Registered
  • 89 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 10:28 AM

if you already get another rsn for baseball (masn, msg, etc), adding mlb ei will give you phillies

There is a logical explanation for this. When you look at the MLB blackout map, only territories given solely to the Phils are listed (e.g York county is outside blackout because it has Pit, Nats, O's)

My question is this... If we are not in the Phils blackout area then why does D* still blackout MLB network and ESPN showings?

#1408 OFFLINE   Jake34

Jake34

AllStar

• Registered
  • 58 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 11:03 AM

For what it is worth. I live in Perry Co (Loysville area). I do get Masn and Pittsburgh regional baseball teams without a problem. I subcribed to MLB package this season thinking I would get Phillies but I do not. It is always blacked out. I will be cancelling MLB at end of season rather than wasting money on it when cannot view the Phillies.
If somebody knows something I don't on this I would sure like to hear it.

#1409 OFFLINE   psuscott0483

psuscott0483

Godfather

• Registered
  • 333 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 11:23 AM

There is a logical explanation for this. When you look at the MLB blackout map, only territories given solely to the Phils are listed (e.g York county is outside blackout because it has Pit, Nats, O's)

My question is this... If we are not in the Phils blackout area then why does D* still blackout MLB network and ESPN showings?

im looking at the blackout map and i am sitting in the phila territory. but directv decided to give me masn and masn2 as rsn, so i get nats and o's. for 2yrs in a row now i can watch every single phillies game on extra innings; i only wish they would give me capitols as a hockey rsn because then im sure flyers would show up on center ice.

not sure on the blackout, mlb network and espn perhaps are more strictly enforced, i have no idea. all i know is that it works with extra innings, i even get csn philly feeds sometimes.
DIRECTV since 2005
Premier Package + MRV + NHL Center Ice + NFL Sunday Ticket
HR34-700
HR24-500
H21-100
H23-600 x 3
H24-100 x 4
H25-500
Setup | Setup Diagram

#1410 OFFLINE   Jake34

Jake34

AllStar

• Registered
  • 58 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 11:52 AM

But in my case it does not work. I pay for the extra innings package and Phillies blacked out on extra innings even though RSN I get is Masn, Masn2 along with Pittsburgh rsn.

#1411 OFFLINE   n3ntj

n3ntj

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,705 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 03:43 PM

I live in Lancaster County and can't recall ever being blacked out of a Phillies game on MLB EI.
HD Snob - "Friends Don't Let Friends Watch Cable".
Electrical/RF Engineer & Inspector
DirecTV Equipment: HR24-200, HR24-100, 5LNB Slimline, AM21, SWiM 8 installed (MRV)
HR-2x Configuration: Native OFF. Units OFF when not in use.
TVs: 2 Panasonic Plasma TV's each using HDMI (one 1080p/one 720p)
DirecTV customer since 1998. Plus HD DVR package w/ NHL Center Ice & MLB Extra Innings.
OTA Antenna: Homebrew UHF & VHF antennas w/ 30dB amplifier fed w/ RG-6 Quad-shield coax.

#1412 OFFLINE   dhhaines

dhhaines

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,239 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 05:09 PM

I live in Lancaster County and can't recall ever being blacked out of a Phillies game on MLB EI.

I live in South Jersey 20 minutes from Philly and have had MLB EI and NHL Center Ice for 5+ years and have always been blacked out of all Phillies games except PHL17 and any Flyers games that they are not playing the Rangers or Devils.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
I read a report that said the typical symptoms of stress were eating too much, drinking too much, impulse buying, and driving too fast. Who are they kidding? That's my idea of a perfect day.

Directv 3/1998-9/2011
now with Verizon FIOS and loving the faster DVR and being able to use both the external & internal drives at the same time

#1413 OFFLINE   Jake34

Jake34

AllStar

• Registered
  • 58 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 06:30 PM

I called Directv a few moments ago telling them I will cancel my MLB EI package at end of season if I cannot get Phillies games. I get RSN of MASN and Rsn Root Pittsburgh. I told them I live 150 mi from Philly in Perry County west of Harrisburg. They told me Comcast will not allow for my location and that discussions are underway on this subject.
I did indicate someone in Lancaster indicated they are not blacked out which is 70 mi closer to Philly than me.She indicated that was not possible.
I was cordial but indicated I am quite upset and will cancel.
I plan to call at end of season to cancel unless they can give me some satisfaction at that time.
We need more of us to make these calls and keep on the pressure.

#1414 ONLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,555 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 23 August 2011 - 06:40 PM

I called Directv a few moments ago telling them I will cancel my MLB EI package at end of season if I cannot get Phillies games. I get RSN of MASN and Rsn Root Pittsburgh. I told them I live 150 mi from Philly in Perry County west of Harrisburg. They told me Comcast will not allow for my location and that discussions are underway on this subject.
I did indicate someone in Lancaster indicated they are not blacked out which is 70 mi closer to Philly than me.She indicated that was not possible.
I plan to call at end of season to cancel unless they can give me some satisfaction at that time.

I think the Lancaster one is a mistake. A lucky one. Lancaster is the heart of phillies country. According to MLB.tv, you are in phillies, orioles, nationals and pirates territory. Directv has no control over that. Complain to MLB.
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

#1415 OFFLINE   bixler

bixler

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 06:54 PM

I'm in York County and Phillie games are blacked out for me unless they are on Channel 15 like tonight. You need to complain to Comcast who is holding CSN Philly hostage from Direct TV or you need to complain to MLB since they are the ones that say you are in the Philly market. Direct TV isn't to blame for the lack of Phillies games in central PA.

You need to live in Fulton County, Huntingdon County, or Centre County to get out of the Phillie market which will get you their games on MLB Extra Innings.
Slimline5.....SWM 8.....SWS-8 8 way splitter
PI feeds SWS-8 splitter and HR 21-100 in Media Room 0x62c 3:59am 12/18/12
SWS-8 splitter feeds HR 22-100 in Family Room 0x62c 3:59am 12/18/12 wireless ethernet connection via Linksys WET610N
SWS-8 splitter feeds HR 22-100 in Master Bedroom 0x62c 3:59am 12/18/12
SWS-8 splitter feeds H 21-100 in Guest Bedroom 0x45d2 3:27am 6/27/12

#1416 ONLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,555 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 23 August 2011 - 07:03 PM

http://en.wikipedia....ckout_Areas.png
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

#1417 OFFLINE   wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,403 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 04:51 AM

All of that is very interesting (and the reason I don't get mlb.tv), but the fact is that we're nowhere near being able to see CSN-Philly on D* (or E*, for that matter).

#1418 OFFLINE   spaul

spaul

Godfather

• Registered
  • 264 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 08:00 AM

I agree that we here in the Delaware Valley need CSN Phila. because,the sports extra league passes always blackout our home team.A while back some people claimed that lived not far from me in South Jersey had recently got MLB package and received the Phillies games .I am at the present on a fixed income and didn,t want to try this late into the season especially remembering when earlier a free preview of package in April the Phillies were still blacked out.The only viewing I got was on the mix channel but, wouldn,t want to do that all the time I might as well watch MLB channel and wait for live look in.Even though I receive MSG as my RSN it dosen,t reflect in baseball .Noticed this when up till last year had premiere package and when I checked the Mets channel when playing the Phillies it was unavailable.This seem strange since they assign me MSG for RSN and I do get the Sixers and Flyers whenever they play the New York teams home or away.Hopefully in the near future will will get CSN Phila. or at the least be given access to the games if sub to league packages.

#1419 OFFLINE   espnjason

espnjason

Armchair Referee

• Registered
  • 529 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 09:13 AM

I just don't see what the big deal is anymore. Ever since the NBC purchase I think that Comcast wouldn't see any noticeable loss if they were to make CSN Philly available to D* and E*.

I don't care how many billions Comcast is now making after buying NBC - I just want to see Daily News Live and all of the home feeds of the Phils, Flyers, Sixers, and the Union like I do with almost all other cities even when I am in somewhere else. Is that too much to ask?

Subscribed to DirecTV for NFL Sunday Ticket, remained a subscriber for international football.

#1420 OFFLINE   jeepwrang3

jeepwrang3

Legend

• Registered
  • 137 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 10:48 AM

http://en.wikipedia....ckout_Areas.png

That thing isnt right for Cecil County is it Tony? Or is it just the Flyers that impose the 100mile radius?
Long time Lurker, first time poster :nono2:

Protected By... spam firewall...And...