Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * - 1 votes

Comcast Philadelphia

• Please log in to reply
2383 replies to this topic

#1421 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,097 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 24 August 2011 - 01:19 PM

That thing isnt right for Cecil County is it Tony? Or is it just the Flyers that impose the 100mile radius?

Probably just the Flyers.

MLB declares the areas and they would be concerned about the Orioles but there is no team in Baltimore for the NHL.
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#1422 OFFLINE   mjd180

mjd180

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 21 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 05:01 PM

if you already get another rsn for baseball (masn, msg, etc), adding mlb ei will give you phillies

No...

#1423 OFFLINE   patman99

patman99

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 29 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 02:42 PM

if you already get another rsn for baseball (masn, msg, etc), adding mlb ei will give you phillies

No, it won't. I'm in Wilmington, DE and have MASN and MASN2 as my RSN and ALL Phillies games on EI are blacked out.:mad:

#1424 OFFLINE   Jake34

Jake34

AllStar

• Registered
  • 58 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 04:01 PM

I agree with Patman. I subscribed to MLB EI this year. I live in Perry County and get MASN and Root Pittsburgh. All the Phillies games have been blacked out.
I called Directv to complain. They said discussions are underway but I got no satisfaction and will cancel MLB EI at end of season.

#1425 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,097 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 30 August 2011 - 04:39 PM

I agree with Patman. I subscribed to MLB EI this year. I live in Perry County and get MASN and Root Pittsburgh. All the Phillies games have been blacked out.
I called Directv to complain. They said discussions are underway but I got no satisfaction and will cancel MLB EI at end of season.

If they get CSN Philly, EI still won't make a difference. If you are supposed to get CSN Philly, you would get the games without EI. if you can't get CSN Philly, EI won't get you the games even if they have it.

In other words, if you only want the Phillies, EI won't help you where you live anyway.
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV

#1426 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 01:26 AM

York county is in phillies territory, I checked the comcast lineup and it provides both csn philly and mid atlantic as well as roots and masn.

#1427 OFFLINE   n3ntj

n3ntj

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,678 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 07:54 PM

I'm in York County and Phillie games are blacked out for me unless they are on Channel 15 like tonight. You need to complain to Comcast who is holding CSN Philly hostage from Direct TV or you need to complain to MLB since they are the ones that say you are in the Philly market. Direct TV isn't to blame for the lack of Phillies games in central PA.

You need to live in Fulton County, Huntingdon County, or Centre County to get out of the Phillie market which will get you their games on MLB Extra Innings.

I live in Lancaster County and just checked and the CSN Philly feed on MLB EI is on and not blacked out. I don't recall a CSN feed ever being blacked out of a Philly's game on MLB EI and I live in their territory. Weird that it's blacked out in York County but not in neighboring Lancaster County.
HD Snob - "Friends Don't Let Friends Watch Cable".
Electrical/RF Engineer & Inspector
DirecTV Equipment: HR24-200, HR24-100, 5LNB Slimline, AM21, SWiM 8 installed (MRV)
HR-2x Configuration: Native OFF. Units OFF when not in use.
TVs: 2 Panasonic Plasma TV's each using HDMI (one 1080p/one 720p)
DirecTV customer since 1998. Plus HD DVR package w/ NHL Center Ice & MLB Extra Innings.
OTA Antenna: Homebrew UHF & VHF antennas w/ 30dB amplifier fed w/ RG-6 Quad-shield coax.

#1428 OFFLINE   hbg ota nut

hbg ota nut

AllStar

• Registered
  • 89 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 07:59 PM

I live in Lancaster County and just checked and the CSN Philly feed on MLB EI is on and not blacked out. I don't recall a CSN feed ever being blacked out of a Philly's game on MLB EI and I live in their territory. Weird that it's blacked out in York County but not in neighboring Lancaster County.

Also funny, my grandfather lives in State College, and he gets CSN Philly on Comcast with all Phillies games, not blacked out. He has the basic channels.

#1429 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 07:39 AM

I had directv, at my house today, i got new boxes and etc.

for those that don't believe this post, i can always take pictures and show you proof today with receipt, plus a friend of mind got directv. Bixler another dbs member, got the referral credit.

Anyway's the directv technican, said directv will have csn philly in december, they don't have the exact date yet, but he says the new nbc sports net philadelphia will be the name of the network and will be on directv.

jan 2 is when VS becomes nbc sports network, my guess the last week of december is when all of this takes place.

i know over the past 16 years, alot of post have been made about when it will be on, but finally the directv techs have news.

directv, is going to be hiring alot of people and they expect a major jump in customers.

#1430 OFFLINE   fireponcoal

fireponcoal

Icon

• Registered
  • 695 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 07:49 AM

I'll be the first to ask this question la, how would a tech have this info again?

#1431 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,559 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 01 September 2011 - 07:52 AM

I'll be the first to ask this question la, how would a tech have this info again?

Exactly, I seriously doubt he has a clue.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#1432 OFFLINE   wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,370 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 08:16 AM

la24 - Trust me, I know you're very well meaning... But do you think a tech would know this type of info?

#1433 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 09:52 AM

thats what his dispatcher and boss's told him. he flat out said december. i looked at his face when he said it, and he was telling the truth, he was serious when he made that comment.

I said do you have an excat date, he said, the only info his manager or dispatcher is saying is that december is when nbc sports philly launches on directv. That's the only info he's allowed to tell customers that he vists if they ask that question.

directv, around here also plans hiring alot of people to become technicans in anticipation of a major jump in customers wanting directv.

he currently has comcast, because he lives in an appt that doesnt allow dishes. and he gets directv for free. but he is moving to a new home that will allow satellite dishes. alot of his friends as well as many have comcast due to the philly sports teams, all of his friends are switching in december when it launches.

If you choose to believe or not believe than thats your choice. I'm just saying what the installer told me. while he was programming everything, we got into a nice conversation and thats when I ask him about csn and he told me what he will be doing and his friends and so forth.

#1434 ONLINE   woj027

woj027

Icon

• Registered
  • 805 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 10:01 AM

I had directv, at my house today, i got new boxes and etc.

for those that don't believe this post, i can always take pictures and show you proof today with receipt, plus a friend of mind got directv. Bixler another dbs member, got the referral credit.

Anyway's the directv technican, said directv will have csn philly in december, they don't have the exact date yet, but he says the new nbc sports net philadelphia will be the name of the network and will be on directv.

jan 2 is when VS becomes nbc sports network, my guess the last week of december is when all of this takes place.

i know over the past 16 years, alot of post have been made about when it will be on, but finally the directv techs have news.

directv, is going to be hiring alot of people and they expect a major jump in customers.

This is all great news if it turns out to be true. Crazier things have happened.

Good luck Philadelphians!!!

It will be great to read about the flood of people switching to DirecTV (or Dish if they get it too) away from Comcast.

#1435 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 10:06 AM

overall after hearing what the guy said, and his opinion about the actual launch date.

we both think it will be towards the end of december, prior to the new years weekend.

I believe nbc wants all of its regional sports networks as well as VS to be all transitioned to its new name by jan 2

if csn philly is renamed nbc sports philly in december, then i expect all of the csn networks to be renamed at that time as well.

#1436 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,097 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 01 September 2011 - 10:18 AM

directv, around here also plans hiring alot of people to become technicans in anticipation of a major jump in customers wanting directv.

This makes the tech's story plausible. They may be asking folks for references for hires. Still could be wrong or something could still go haywire but it is a reason why a tech would know something.

I'd wager that the "plan" or "hope" is for December rather than it being 100% firm.

#1437 OFFLINE   espnjason

espnjason

Armchair Referee

• Registered
  • 529 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 10:28 AM

I would assume that CSNPhilly would need some time to dispose of the microwave transmission, thus I could believe the December timeframe.

But this will be the biggest Christmas gift to ever exist if the rumors hold.

Subscribed to DirecTV for NFL Sunday Ticket, remained a subscriber for international football.

#1438 OFFLINE   je4755

je4755

Godfather

• Registered
  • 381 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 11:56 AM

As an expat Philadelphian whose internet favorites list is replete with Eagles, Flyers and Phillies-related sites/blogs, I would love for this to be true. CSN Philadelphia resides at the top of my interest list, trumping all of the basic HD channels mentioned in the anticipation thread.

#1439 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 12:00 PM

Robert Hellmuth, is the tech's name.

I called him just now and asked him to clarify his answer about csn philly / nbc sports philly being on directv in december.

he says comcast, still has a contract in this area to keep the channel on comcast / cable providers ie verizon etc. this final contract that comcast has, is expiring in december. I said that when comcast purchased nbc universal and it was approved by the fcc last jan, the deal was they had to provide the signal then.

the tech said, comcast had owned everything and still didnt have to share anything until this last contract expires.

so Rob the tech who serviced my house today, said that december comcast's final hold on the channel will expire and that they will be getting the channel in there office in december.

Edited by la24philly, 01 September 2011 - 12:38 PM.

#1440 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,559 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 01 September 2011 - 12:17 PM

No one is questioning whether a tech told you this. It's just a little odd a tech has any of the information.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

spam firewall