Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * - 1 votes

Comcast Philadelphia

• Please log in to reply
2383 replies to this topic

#1461 OFFLINE   KAL

KAL

Godfather

• Registered
  • 306 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 11:56 AM

@SPAUL FIOS recently sarted up in my neighborhood and I'm not going to lie, I was very close to jumping ship. in the end (and thanks to the free ST and credits) retention threw at me, I decided to stay with DTV a little while longer and just hope they will get CSN Philly sometime soon.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#1462 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 11:59 AM

guys this could get interesting. I got an email from Tonya Zanella, customer manager of Direct Sat USA, the company who is in charge of the directv techs in the philly area.

i emailed the president about what the tech and I chatted about during the installation. I said hey the tech said were getting nbc sports philly in december is this correct? Looks like he forward this to the customer service manager

out of the blue he replied to me today requesting my phone number and directv acct number.

i only gave my cell and hope to hear from him today, not sure if this means anything but it could mean something. I will try and get some real info and a actual launch date and try to get real proof.

#1463 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 12:11 PM

ok i spoke to Mrs Zanella, and it appears that the tech is lying.

her boss the president spoke with directv, and as of now directv and comcast are going back and forth on a price an etc.

not sure if they are trying to down play this. or keep it a secret. the tech is moving to a new apt that allows a dish. he is stating it will happen.

but will see, so looks like all the hype i did over the past 2 days is now crap. sorry guys, im just at the point where i want this to finally get finished.

But I will wait and see when december gets here and if its not on by the winter classic will know for sure.

Im not really sure on who to believe.

#1464 OFFLINE   Shades228

Shades228

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 5,914 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 04:17 PM

Comcast is legally required to negotiate in good faith. The problem is good faith is an oppinion. I would say that DIRECTV is going after this channel as aggressively as they can without taking a bath on the cost. The longer Comcast can drag this out the more money they retain as well as the more people they can get signed up.

I wouldn't believe anything that is posted until it can be backed up by a Sixto satellite update or an official announcement from DIRECTV or a party involved with the RSN.

#1465 OFFLINE   fireponcoal

fireponcoal

Icon

• Registered
  • 712 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 06:04 PM

A tech without inside info?

#1466 OFFLINE   wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 07:01 PM

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. Don't feel bad la24 - we've all been taken by a liar.

#1467 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 07:22 PM

thanks wil, its just the way he said it. I mean its not like i open the door, and the first thing he said directv is getting the new NBC sports philly.

i mean it was after the install, while we were sitting on the couch drinking ice tea, and i brought it up and he says it will be on by december. he then talked about him moving to a new apt that allows a dish etc.

the one thing that i would like to know is, when the FCC approved this deal in january, was there an actual date as to when directv could put it on.

I mean what they are telling us it comes down to a cost or price, i think there is something that they aren't telling us.

#1468 OFFLINE   oldengineer

oldengineer

Godfather

• Registered
  • 455 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 05:42 AM

I get CSNHD and TCNHD with the second cheapest package my cableco sells so it can't be a really expensive addon. IMO Comcast is still dragging this on. They've got lots of political clout in PA and DC.

Comcast uses TCN as an overflow channel when there are conflicts with live programming on CSN. I wouldn't be surprised if they finally released CSN to D* and E* and then switched more programming to TCN.

2H/1J

#1469 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,196 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 07:31 AM

I get CSNHD and TCNHD with the second cheapest package my cableco sells so it can't be a really expensive addon. IMO Comcast is still dragging this on. They've got lots of political clout in PA and DC.

Comcast uses TCN as an overflow channel when there are conflicts with live programming on CSN. I wouldn't be surprised if they finally released CSN to D* and E* and then switched more programming to TCN.

Well how much can they get away with that? In other markets over flow stuff on other channels is on directv and they don't have the other channel on at all.
I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

#1470 OFFLINE   adkinsjm

adkinsjm

Icon

• Registered
  • 914 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 07:51 AM

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw a tech talk about how DirecTV will add NBC Sports Philadelphia tonight. I guess it's pretty serious.

#1471 OFFLINE   spaul

spaul

Godfather

• Registered
  • 264 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 07:52 AM

Well with this latest info or non info no offense to any one .It sparked some more conversation amongst us .That being said I think that the 1st of the year maybe still a marker for CSN Phila. to be added .Then if that passes without any movement,that would leave my earlier prediction that start of the new baseball season 2012 .To me if we don,t have any movement at that time then it probably going to be a race to see if Hell freezes over 1st ha ha .I am not trying to be negative just looking at a time frame in the not to distant future that makes sense but, hope either date comes with our wishes of watching our home teams games in glorious HD on Directv.

#1472 OFFLINE   FenixTX

FenixTX

Godfather

• Registered
  • 467 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 08:27 AM

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw a tech talk about how DirecTV will add NBC Sports Philadelphia tonight. I guess it's pretty serious.

Bravo sir. Bravo. :)
Go Big Red!!!

#1473 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 09:28 AM

I had to have another technician comeout to fix the front of my dish, a bird or wood pecker, flew its beak into the white plastic thing thats in front of the actual dish and cracked it, so i lost all communication with my satellite error 771a. lol. so they sent out a tech superivisor to fix this.

so I decided to bring the same question up that i did with the first tech. He is saying directv will be getting nbc sports philly in december, he doesnt have an actual date, but from his superiors he is stating this will happen.

So now I'm not sure what to believe. I have 2 techs saying it will happen in december. the tone and voice the way both said it, wasn't in a way like there trying to sell anything. they are just telling you straight what they know.

The tec's superiors or managers are telling them its happening in december, but when I called the office they said no.

so someone is lying or trying to keep everything a seceret.

so will see.

#1474 OFFLINE   adkinsjm

adkinsjm

Icon

• Registered
  • 914 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 11:06 AM

I had to have another technician comeout to fix the front of my dish, a bird or wood pecker, flew its beak into the white plastic thing thats in front of the actual dish and cracked it, so i lost all communication with my satellite error 771a. lol. so they sent out a tech superivisor to fix this.

so I decided to bring the same question up that i did with the first tech. He is saying directv will be getting nbc sports philly in december, he doesnt have an actual date, but from his superiors he is stating this will happen.

So now I'm not sure what to believe. I have 2 techs saying it will happen in december. the tone and voice the way both said it, wasn't in a way like there trying to sell anything. they are just telling you straight what they know.

The tec's superiors or managers are telling them its happening in december, but when I called the office they said no.

so someone is lying or trying to keep everything a seceret.

so will see.

Please stop posting rumors.

#1475 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 11:59 AM

im not posting rumors, im posting what happened this week involving directv. What you choose to believe is your choice. I also posted feeback from both the tecs that came out and from the company they work for.

#1476 OFFLINE   n3ntj

n3ntj

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 01:35 PM

I would say these are all rumors until either:

1. Satracer tells us that big news is on the horizon about CSN Philly for D* customers or,

2. D* makes an announcement with a date that CSN Philly will be live.

I won't really even believe it until I see CSN Philly on my TV in the 600s.
HD Snob - "Friends Don't Let Friends Watch Cable".
Electrical/RF Engineer & Inspector
DirecTV Equipment: HR24-200, HR24-100, 5LNB Slimline, AM21, SWiM 8 installed (MRV)
HR-2x Configuration: Native OFF. Units OFF when not in use.
TVs: 2 Panasonic Plasma TV's each using HDMI (one 1080p/one 720p)
DirecTV customer since 1998. Plus HD DVR package w/ NHL Center Ice & MLB Extra Innings.
OTA Antenna: Homebrew UHF & VHF antennas w/ 30dB amplifier fed w/ RG-6 Quad-shield coax.

#1477 OFFLINE   adkinsjm

adkinsjm

Icon

• Registered
  • 914 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 02:36 PM

im not posting rumors, im posting what happened this week involving directv. What you choose to believe is your choice. I also posted feeback from both the tecs that came out and from the company they work for.

Have you had any correct info regarding this?

#1478 OFFLINE   fireponcoal

fireponcoal

Icon

• Registered
  • 712 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 03:18 PM

Here's a toast to CSN Philadelphia eventually coming to Direct TV!! Cheers.. I do believe this will occur and I'm hoping it's sooner rather then later... LA ****ed up but we all **** up on ocassion. He wants the same thing we all do in this thread..

Edited by fireponcoal, 03 September 2011 - 05:03 PM.

#1479 OFFLINE   wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 03:18 PM

adkinsjm - I'm going to stand up for la24philly. Everything he's posted has happened and been said by representatives of D*. Yes, it turned out that the main source was full of it, but - come on - give la24 a break.

#1480 OFFLINE   Ronmort

Ronmort

Godfather

• Registered
  • 286 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 03:21 PM

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think it will ever happen.

spam firewall