Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * - 1 votes

Comcast Philadelphia

• Please log in to reply
2383 replies to this topic

#161 OFFLINE   rkunces

rkunces

Legend

• Registered
  • 220 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 03:19 PM

Nationals - Phillies on CSN Philly looks pretty good today in HD on 728 - 1.

In the guide, Wednesday's game only shows one feed, but Thursday's has 2 HD feeds listed.

On another CSN Philly issue, is anyone surprised Comcrap's Versus is not showing any of the Flyers opening round games?

Tomorrow's Phils broadcast is on My17. Its interesting that we were able to get so many My17 broadcasts last year and this year it looks preliminarily like we won't.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#162 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 03:21 PM

penguins are the NHL teams, bettman wants crosby on at all times every pens sens game is on VERSUS same time flyers devils are on thats why.

#163 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 03:22 PM

every game on sunday will be on phl 17 and some during the week, phl 17 will show about 40+ games this year.

comcast philly only has about 20% of the phillies. but they own 100% of flyers sixers

#164 OFFLINE   dhkinil

dhkinil

Icon

• Registered
  • 656 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 03:43 PM

penguins are the NHL teams, bettman wants crosby on at all times every pens sens game is on VERSUS same time flyers devils are on thats why.

No, it means the NHL wants you to be able to see the games without having to listed to Pens announcers.

In the end, you can see every flyers game on CI in HD with the devils feed, Chico may be annoying, but with Doc with him, he never sinks to the level of the pens announcers.

#165 OFFLINE   oldengineer

oldengineer

Godfather

• Registered
  • 455 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 03:49 PM

i didnt realize some service electric customers get TCN or CN8 or whatever it is called. i didnt see it on my channel guide: http://www.secv.com/...l_birdsboro.pdf
now i need to figure out which channel is airing playoffs round 1

SECTV's Lehigh Valley lineup has TCN at channel 101. Extended basic only goes to 99 so you need the digital package to get it. However if you have a TV with a QAM tuner and you get SECTV with extended basic you can get TCN off the cable on channel 76-2 and get CSN hi-def on 110-3.

2H/1J

#166 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 03:54 PM

from what im told most cable providers in PA can get TCN www.csnphilly.com go to bottom and select comcast network their somewhere onthe site is the channels lineup for all of PA NJ DE that carrys it.

#167 OFFLINE   psuscott0483

psuscott0483

Godfather

• Registered
  • 333 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 05:06 PM

scott devils fan, does verizon fios go to your area? what is your zip code

19530, no fios around here

SECTV's Lehigh Valley lineup has TCN at channel 101. Extended basic only goes to 99 so you need the digital package to get it. However if you have a TV with a QAM tuner and you get SECTV with extended basic you can get TCN off the cable on channel 76-2 and get CSN hi-def on 110-3.

appears im SOL on that one then too, i dont see TCN on the secv lineup anywhere.
DIRECTV since 2005
Premier Package + MRV + NHL Center Ice + NFL Sunday Ticket
HR34-700
HR24-500
H21-100
H23-600 x 3
H24-100 x 4
H25-500
Setup | Setup Diagram

#168 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 05:53 PM

19530 comcast does have service out their

i went to www.comcast.com under programming i selected channel lineup and it ask for an address i used 300 west main st 19530 and comcst does have a chanel lineup for that area.

CSN is on channel 50 SD
CSN HD is 847
TCN is 856 in HD

weird though TCN SD is not on the lineup so looks like u must have HD to get TCN

your in the middle of philadelphia and harrisburgh new stations

funny thing when I put your info on directv local sports line they will give you nationals and orioles MASN

I checked on mlb.com and you are only to be blacked out of phillies games.

so in my opnion you are forced to have comcast till D gets csn Philly

suxks

#169 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 10:10 PM

will CSN P be on D before or after comcast gets nbc U

#170 OFFLINE   wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,403 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 07:03 AM

la - I'd be shocked if CSN-Philly ever shows up on D* or E*

#171 OFFLINE   psuscott0483

psuscott0483

Godfather

• Registered
  • 333 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 07:09 AM

19530 comcast does have service out their

i went to www.comcast.com under programming i selected channel lineup and it ask for an address i used 300 west main st 19530 and comcst does have a chanel lineup for that area.

CSN is on channel 50 SD
CSN HD is 847
TCN is 856 in HD

weird though TCN SD is not on the lineup so looks like u must have HD to get TCN

your in the middle of philadelphia and harrisburgh new stations

funny thing when I put your info on directv local sports line they will give you nationals and orioles MASN

I checked on mlb.com and you are only to be blacked out of phillies games.

so in my opnion you are forced to have comcast till D gets csn Philly

suxks

i was under the same impression that i could get comcast but when you call them up to get service they tell me they wont provide service to my location. i guess service electric covers this area? i checked the guide for tomorrow even on comcast im not sure how to get the game, this is round 1 of playoffs and they have phillies listed on tcn and sixers on csn http://www.fancast.com/tv-listings :mad::nono::nono2:
DIRECTV since 2005
Premier Package + MRV + NHL Center Ice + NFL Sunday Ticket
HR34-700
HR24-500
H21-100
H23-600 x 3
H24-100 x 4
H25-500
Setup | Setup Diagram

#172 OFFLINE   TANK

TANK

Icon

• DBSTalk Club
  • 883 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 13 April 2010 - 08:05 AM

Found this in an article about VS

officials at the national sports service declined to talk about the contract details, but sources indicate the impasse was finally resolved as part of broader deals encompassing regional sports networks owned by Comcast and DirecTV -- the channel notched a 28% rise to 365,000 viewers with NHL telecasts from 286,000 during the same stage of last season.

It might be about CSN - Philly or just the other CSN's

http://www.multichan...atings_Rush.php

#173 ONLINE   dvdmth

dvdmth

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,004 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 13 April 2010 - 09:25 AM

Found this in an article about VS

It might be about CSN - Philly or just the other CSN's

http://www.multichan...atings_Rush.php

No. It was about CSN Chicago, Bay Area, and California, as well as DirecTV-owned FSN Pittsburgh, Rocky Mountain, and Northwest.

#174 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 01:50 PM

Tcn comcast network is now on verizon fios. Channel 99

so people with fios now have full access to

any game on csn philly and tcn.

#175 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 02:40 PM

ill say by september csn will be on D

#176 OFFLINE   wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,403 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 07:25 PM

la - why September?

#177 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 08:12 PM

will CSN P be on D before or after comcast gets nbc U

They may be foreced to give it up as part of the DEAL.
I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

#178 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 10:58 AM

will I have had comcast for since 1994, and every september is when stuff changes.

When comcast gets new channels it always comes late sept / early oct.

Verizon fios now has TCN which since its start had nothing then a few years ago they got CSN and now they have TCN.

A Deal with verizon and the city of philaelphia have a contract which will allow verizon fios to offer FIOS in philadelphia county.

this month marked the final county left chester and they now have verizon fios. philadelphia county is next comcast has begun to loose customers.

we all know the FCC ruling and we all know that comcat wont appeal.

judging the way comcast operates changes with them always happen in september.

the other thing is COMCAST SPECTACORE ones who run comcast sports net, ED snyder OWNER.

september the WACHIOVA CENTER WILL HAVE ITS 4TH NAME CHANGE.

WELLS FARGO CENTER the spectrum is expected to be imploaded to make way for PHILLY LIVE.

their building a hotel, retaurant and bar and a mini mall that will extend a catwalk mall like to the wachoiva center.

ALL THE CHANGES INVOLVING TV PROGRAMMING WITH COMCAST always happens for some reason in september, my guess they want to do it before the NHL and NBA season.

after having looked at the fcc ruling and the march appeal date they have to offer the station. their is no way they can't. With them not appealing it will happen.

alls i'm saying is september will be the month

#179 OFFLINE   jpl

jpl

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 11:19 AM

will I have had comcast for since 1994, and every september is when stuff changes.

When comcast gets new channels it always comes late sept / early oct.

Verizon fios now has TCN which since its start had nothing then a few years ago they got CSN and now they have TCN.

A Deal with verizon and the city of philaelphia have a contract which will allow verizon fios to offer FIOS in philadelphia county.

this month marked the final county left chester and they now have verizon fios. philadelphia county is next comcast has begun to loose customers.

we all know the FCC ruling and we all know that comcat wont appeal.

judging the way comcast operates changes with them always happen in september.

the other thing is COMCAST SPECTACORE ones who run comcast sports net, ED snyder OWNER.

september the WACHIOVA CENTER WILL HAVE ITS 4TH NAME CHANGE.

WELLS FARGO CENTER the spectrum is expected to be imploaded to make way for PHILLY LIVE.

their building a hotel, retaurant and bar and a mini mall that will extend a catwalk mall like to the wachoiva center.

ALL THE CHANGES INVOLVING TV PROGRAMMING WITH COMCAST always happens for some reason in september, my guess they want to do it before the NHL and NBA season.

after having looked at the fcc ruling and the march appeal date they have to offer the station. their is no way they can't. With them not appealing it will happen.

alls i'm saying is september will be the month

Couple comments on what you're saying. First, with reference to Chester county, are you saying that Chester was the last county left without FiOS, next to Philadelphia County, in SE PA? If so... that's not correct. Parts of Chester County are just starting to get FiOS - if you head pretty far out west, but Chester was probably the first county in the area to get wired up for FiOS - we got FiOS internet over 4 years ago (it became available here in January 2006), and TV became availble here about 11 months later.

Next, CableVision has decided to skip the appeal to the FCC, and went straight to the courts. The trial/decision is pending. We'll have to see how long it takes to wind its way through the courts.

Next, even if the courts uphold the FCC's action, all the action does is provide a framework for action. Meaning DirecTV would have to take Comcast to the FCC, and make the case for getting access to CSN Philly. When it gets to that point I don't have any doubt that DirecTV will win, and Comcast will have to fork it over. But then comes the carriage agreement. Comcast and DirecTV would have to come to terms to get the channel.

#180 OFFLINE   Jimmy 440

Jimmy 440

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,665 posts
  • LocationMonmouth County NJ

Posted 15 April 2010 - 11:34 AM

West Chester PA has FIOS.

JIMMY

DirecTv 1999
Olevia 42" HD
HR22-100