Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * - 1 votes

Comcast Philadelphia

• Please log in to reply
2404 replies to this topic

#2401 OFFLINE   sunfire9us

sunfire9us

Godfather

• Registered
  • 413 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 07:22 PM

"zero incentive"??? Wouldn't adding more subs in the Philly area be "incentive" enough since, as I can speak for first hand experience, that MANY MANY people in that area decide to get Comcast ONLY because it offers this specific channel? When I lived there I would've dropped Comcrap in a South Philly minute if DirecTV began offering CSN Philly!!! I'm sure I'm not alone.

Directv decided quite a ways back not to bother trying to get CSN Philly due to its cost. CSN Philly is listed as the third most expensive rsn. DTV just won't say it publicly. The situation with CSN Philly is no different than the one concerning SNLA. No matter who owns DTV isn't going to change anything. So may as well give up on either of these two rsn's ever being on Dtv. If they were ever going to have carried it, it would already have happened by now.

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2402 OFFLINE   harperhometheater

harperhometheater

Legend

• Registered
  • 202 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 07:27 PM

Directv decided quite a ways back not to bother trying to get CSN Philly due to its cost. CSN Philly is listed as the third most expensive rsn. DTV just won't say it publicly. The situation with CSN Philly is no different than the one concerning SNLA. No matter who owns DTV isn't going to change anything. So may as well give up on either of these two rsn's ever being on Dtv. If they were ever going to have carried it, it would already have happened by now.

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk

All I'm saying is, with new owners and depending on how aggressive they want to be.....ya never know. :)

HarperVision, LLC
ISF Calibrations, Installations,
Repairs & Consultations

#2403 OFFLINE   slice1900

slice1900

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,378 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 29 August 2015 - 09:27 PM

"zero incentive"???  Wouldn't adding more subs in the Philly area be "incentive" enough since, as I can speak for first hand experience, that MANY MANY people in that area decide to get Comcast ONLY because it offers this specific channel?  When I lived there I would've dropped Comcrap in a South Philly minute if DirecTV began offering CSN Philly!!!  I'm sure I'm not alone.

The question for Directv is whether they would add more new subs in Philly because this channel was available than they would lose from current Philly subscribers due to 3 or 4 more dollars tacked onto their bill due to this one channel (in additional to the 'regular' yearly price increase)

Being owned by AT&T doesn't change that math.

Edited by slice1900, 29 August 2015 - 09:27 PM.

SL5, PI-6S, SA-6AL, 3xSWM16; 23 H20-100, 7 H24-700/AM21

#2404 ONLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 20,974 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 09:35 PM

All I'm saying is, with new owners and depending on how aggressive they want to be.....ya never know. :)

I expect them to be aggressive in many ways.  But this isn't one of them, this would be nothing but a losing cause I think at this point.

#2405 OFFLINE   Grafixguy

Grafixguy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 455 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 06:19 AM

Right about the never know part, but if Comcast demands don't change neither with the status for CSN Philly. DTV did the math a long time ago and the hasn't changed at all.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...