Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Showtime Free Preview - March 25-28...

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   Tubaman-Z

Tubaman-Z

Godfather

• Registered
  • 508 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 08:55 AM

Found 2 programs that I decided to record. "An American Christmas Carol" and one other. I appreciate the free previews because I do usually find a couple of shows to record and am reminded why I am not subscribed.

Kevin

My top 5 wishlist: 1) Free MRV HR to HR 2) Fix Channels I Receive so that it is accurate 3) > 50 SeriesLink 4) Usage of both internal and external drives concurrently 5) Support for other video providers as DoD (i.e. Hulu, CBS)   

DirecTV HR21-200, 2008 (DirecTV anniversary gift)
DirecTV HR20-100 (2TB eSATA), 2007
DirecTV since 1995

<><

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   skyboysea

skyboysea

Icon

• Registered
  • 540 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 08:27 PM

They have a clip onDemand promoting the free preview but you need to subscribe to the channel to see it. it is either a bad joke or something wrong with their system.

#43 OFFLINE   SledgeHammer

SledgeHammer

Icon

• Registered
  • 966 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 04:42 PM

I appreciate the free previews because I do usually find a couple of shows to record and am reminded why I am not subscribed.

:D... this is exactly my thought. I just have the old Total Choice Plus w/ locals + HD + DVR. Every time I see one of these free previews I scan through the 72 hours of guide data and rarely find even *ONE* thing to watch. Then I spend a few minutes wondering why people waste money on this garbage. Only thing I saw that I even bothered recording was "Witless Protection" and I hit the ol' Delete key on that after about 5 minutes. Boy that was a stupid movie.

#44 OFFLINE   SledgeHammer

SledgeHammer

Icon

• Registered
  • 966 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 04:44 PM

They have a clip onDemand promoting the free preview but you need to subscribe to the channel to see it. it is either a bad joke or something wrong with their system.

I had this exact problem last time they had a free preview. I wanted to watch ONE movie that was only on the OnDemand version of the channel and was told that the OnDemands are not included in the free previews. Lame.

#45 OFFLINE   ThePrisoner

ThePrisoner

Legend

• Registered
  • 117 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 04:23 AM

Well, the good news is that Showtime often does a good job of respecting OAR. While they may not always offer topnotch films...at least they don't butcher and mutilate them as often as HBO, Starz, and Cinemax.

+1
Choice Xtra, HD Extra Pack, MRV, NFLST
HR24-100, Terk HDTVi, Panasonic TC-P60GT30, Oppo BDP-93, Anthem MRX-500, Paradigm Reference
HR21-700, Panasonic TH-50PZ800U

Protected By... spam firewall...And...