Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

how do the new duo receivers work?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   brant

brant

Icon

• Registered
  • 750 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 08:15 PM

went to install a recep and cabling for a wall-mount flat panel the other day; one of the bedrooms had a standard def duo receiver; i noticed only one cable connected to the receiver and the bedroom next door was connected to TV2 of this receiver, but again there was no additional cable. How does this work?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 09:27 PM

Diplexer in the wall. There would still be 2 cables from the box though.

"Belligerent and numerous."

Sometimes I update the Dish Network FAQ

AT200, Hopper & 360 via HDMI to Onkyo 505 to basement 42" Westy, Hopper via Comp-over-Cat5 to living room 42" Vizio with a Roku 3, Joey to Toshiba 32" LCD with a Logitech Revue. You want fries with that? Pull up to the 2nd window.

#3 OFFLINE   brant

brant

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 750 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 02:35 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=

Diplexer in the wall. There would still be 2 cables from the box though.

this had only one cable at the box coming from the wall; i should've took a picture because i didn't believe it either.

so is the diplexer now built into the receiver?

#4 OFFLINE   scooper

scooper

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,810 posts
  • LocationYoungsville NC

Posted 11 March 2010 - 02:45 PM

You should have taken a picture....

In most Duo receiver installations, you have one cable coming from the dish, then it is split by a Dishpro separater, into the 2 Satellite inputs.

What is often done with a TV2 installation is to use a diplexer between the seperator and the wall, and there is a corresponding diplexer that splits off the TV2 output from the satellite input.

One cable from wall to receiver - TV2 is not going to work.
You CAN put antennas on your owned and/or controlled property...

http://www.fcc.gov/mb/facts/otard.html

#5 OFFLINE   BattleZone

BattleZone

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,969 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 02:47 PM

Posted Image

The most common installation method uses a diplexer on the signal coax line, splitting out the sat line (which feeds into a DPP Separator, making a "tree" of coax jumpers and diplexers) and the TV2 line.

The 222k has a new "triplexer" that is a DPP Separator and a diplexer all in one unit; it looks like a 1x3 coax splitter and reduces the "tree" effect.

#6 OFFLINE   brant

brant

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 750 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 09:32 PM

Posted Image

The most common installation method uses a diplexer on the signal coax line, splitting out the sat line (which feeds into a DPP Separator, making a "tree" of coax jumpers and diplexers) and the TV2 line.

The 222k has a new "triplexer" that is a DPP Separator and a diplexer all in one unit; it looks like a 1x3 coax splitter and reduces the "tree" effect.

that's what it was; thanks for the graphic.

i thought they always had two cables; one for incoming sat, another going back to the TV2 location.

your drawing explains what I saw. I just didn't see the diplexers; must have been tucked away around the receiver somewhere inside the cabinet.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...