Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Dish Network Eastern Arc 1000.4 Dish Issues

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   rdavidd

rdavidd

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 11:02 AM

The official DishNetwork "Installation Instructions" (2452207 for installing a 1000.4 HD Eastern Arc Dish/LNB) in general are very good, except I found I could not make it work if I made the initial tuning for 72. Also, they show three wires coming off the LNB, however, you do not need to run three wires from the LNB to your receiver, only one --- but they do not tell you that, nor the fact that it makes no difference which LNB port you use to attach your one wire. Second, they tell you to use a peaking meter and do a set up for satellite 72 ----- well I don't have a peaking meter and no matter how I tried, even though I got a strong signal on 72, when I then did the "Check Switch" step I never was able to get a signal for 77 or 61.5 (even after multiple tries; with my one wire attached to the 72 port of the LNB). But when I did my initial setup for 61.5 (with my one wire on the 61.5 port of the LNB -and- with aluminum foil over the 72 & 77 heads of the LNB); then after adjusting for maximum signal for 61.5, when I removed the aluminum foil and did the “Check Switch” step, both 72 and 77 also came in strongly. However, in my case whereas the tables for my zip code said to use 183 degrees for setting up for 72, I found I needed to use 186 degrees for 61.5 (looking down the skewed LNB arm and magnetic per my compass)---- I agree that setup for skew is not critical ---- after fine tuning elevation and azimuth, then adjusting skew by even huge amounts (like 15-20 degrees) made no difference in signal strength. BTW, my Dish recevier is a 722K.

Edited by rdavidd, 17 June 2014 - 11:07 AM.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

spam firewall