Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

SD4 Possible this year???

vizio

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   sunfire9us

sunfire9us

Godfather

• Registered
  • 370 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 09:51 PM

Hey guys Im not going to get my hopes up yet but just noticed while looking at the MLBEI schedule on dtv site they not only have the SD/HD Dodger telecast listed but a third one (not listed) when they play the PADRES. Could there be hope thats the SD4 telecast???

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   beachmonkey

beachmonkey

Legend

• Registered
  • 221 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 09:56 PM

where are you getting the schedule? I only see the 2009 schedule listed.

#3 OFFLINE   dirtyblueshirt

dirtyblueshirt

*Recently Declassified

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,091 posts
  • LocationAnaheim, CA

Posted 14 March 2010 - 10:28 PM

... we can only hope!

There are some SD4 games telecast on MLBEI, but they're blacked out in San Diego. Being in Illinois, you should get them.
Aaron Slater
Anaheim, CA
Network+, Security+, All-around NiceGuy™

#4 OFFLINE   Skyboss

Skyboss

Icon

• Registered
  • 580 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 04:43 PM

Hey guys Im not going to get my hopes up yet but just noticed while looking at the MLBEI schedule on dtv site they not only have the SD/HD Dodger telecast listed but a third one (not listed) when they play the PADRES. Could there be hope thats the SD4 telecast???

I asked D this question. Got a rather cryptic response about being handed off to another department for a response. Haven't heard back.... Its been three weeks....

#5 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,723 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 05:48 PM

Seeing we had SD4 telecasts last year on EI I would expect the same this year.
Dan Sholtis
"The Raiders will be back. I have unshakable confidence, the will to win, and I just know that the fire that burns brightest in this building is the will to win. And we will win. We will win."---Al Davis. Rest In Peace, Al

#6 OFFLINE   dirtyblueshirt

dirtyblueshirt

*Recently Declassified

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,091 posts
  • LocationAnaheim, CA

Posted 15 March 2010 - 05:51 PM

Seeing we had SD4 telecasts last year on EI I would expect the same this year.

Just not in San Diego :crying_sa
Aaron Slater
Anaheim, CA

#7 OFFLINE   kenkraly2004

kenkraly2004

AllStar

• Registered
  • 80 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 11:07 PM

I hope channel 4 san diego is on Directv soon.

#8 OFFLINE   colebert

colebert

Legend

• Registered
  • 106 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 06:13 AM

In 2007/2008 we got SD4 almost every night. In 2009 we saw almost no SD4 the first 2/3s of the season. After that, we saw a bit more SD4 but no where near as regularly as 2007/2008.

I think only a handful of people at D* know what is going on with this and we're probably just going to have to sit tight and see how it plays out.

#9 OFFLINE   drinkjack

drinkjack

Mentor

• Registered
  • 31 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 11:46 AM

Doesn't look like we get any the first week or two. Only one feed listed for the
Padres games. Very disappointing. As long as the games are HD, the opposing teams feed really doesn't bother me.

As colebert stated a couple of years ago we received almost all the SD4 HD feeds. Last year was awful, several of the Padres games in standard def when SD4 broadcasts 150+ games in HD.

#10 OFFLINE   paco1986

paco1986

Icon

• Registered
  • 574 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 02:15 PM

Last year was awful, several of the Padres games in standard def when SD4 broadcasts 150+ games in HD.

It sure was frustrating last year. And it happened because on some days DirecTV WRONGLY assumed that the opposing team's broadcast would in HD. Therefore on some nights we only got a standard def feed of Padres games and no SD4 broadcast.:mad: Hopefully DirecTV gets their act together this year.

#11 OFFLINE   Skyboss

Skyboss

Icon

• Registered
  • 580 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 02:40 PM

I hope channel 4 san diego is on Directv soon.

Sounds like Cox is still bent on this. Apparently they still don't understand the difference between owning the product and the transmission system for it and simply owning the product. My brother is in San Diego on U-Verse and is chomping at the bit for this channel:

http://www.signonsan...t-to-consumers/

http://www.signonsan...x-to-play-ball/

#12 OFFLINE   drinkjack

drinkjack

Mentor

• Registered
  • 31 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 08:33 PM

Very nice to see the SD4 feed. Enberg is very pleasant on the ears.

#13 OFFLINE   cariera

cariera

Icon

• Registered
  • 862 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 11:00 PM

On the D-backs broadcast tonight, they were previewing tomorrow's game vs the Pads and they said it would be on radio only.

The guide has the game listed in both sd and hd on channels 725 and 725-1. Perhaps the SD4 feed?

#14 OFFLINE   dirtyblueshirt

dirtyblueshirt

*Recently Declassified

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,091 posts
  • LocationAnaheim, CA

Posted 06 April 2010 - 11:01 PM

On the D-backs broadcast tonight, they were previewing tomorrow's game vs the Pads and they said it would be on radio only.

The guide has the game listed in both sd and hd on channels 725 and 725-1. Perhaps the SD4 feed?

I can't see the channel, except in the mix channel, but I believe it was FS Arizona.
Aaron Slater
Anaheim, CA

#15 OFFLINE   cariera

cariera

Icon

• Registered
  • 862 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 11:10 PM

The game tonight was on FSN Arizona, but they said and noted that the game on Wed would be a radio only game - meaning FSN Az would not be carrying it.

So because it's listed on 725 for tomorrow, I am assuming (hoping) its the SD4 broadcast.

However since you're in IB, that channel will be blacked out for you.:)

#16 OFFLINE   dirtyblueshirt

dirtyblueshirt

*Recently Declassified

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,091 posts
  • LocationAnaheim, CA

Posted 06 April 2010 - 11:11 PM

The game tonight was on FSN Arizona, but they said and noted that the game on Wed would be a radio only game - meaning FSN Az would not be carrying it.

So because it's listed on 725 for tomorrow, I am assuming (hoping) its the SD4 broadcast.

No matter the channel, No Padres for me :(
Aaron Slater
Anaheim, CA

#17 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,723 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 11:15 PM

Yep it will be the SD4 feed only in this case. Tonight we had both feeds and I stayed on the SD4.
Dan Sholtis
"The Raiders will be back. I have unshakable confidence, the will to win, and I just know that the fire that burns brightest in this building is the will to win. And we will win. We will win."---Al Davis. Rest In Peace, Al

#18 OFFLINE   paco1986

paco1986

Icon

• Registered
  • 574 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 01:49 PM

Yep it will be the SD4 feed only in this case. Tonight we had both feeds and I stayed on the SD4.

You're right, only the SD4 feed for tonight's game. Hopefully having both feeds last night means more SD4 broadcasts this year.:)

#19 OFFLINE   BudShark

BudShark

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,187 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 01:58 PM

You're right, only the SD4 feed for tonight's game. Hopefully having both feeds last night means more SD4 broadcasts this year.:)

Lack of SD4 in the past was what pushed me to MLB.TV - and now with the iPhone, MLB.TV HD, and other services, I don't see going back to the hodge podge that was MLBEI.

It is good to see at least the coverage is there, which begs the question - IF DirecTV can get the feed to show for MLB EI - why can't they get the feed to carry as an RSN?

#20 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,723 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 02:09 PM

Lack of SD4 in the past was what pushed me to MLB.TV - and now with the iPhone, MLB.TV HD, and other services, I don't see going back to the hodge podge that was MLBEI.

It is good to see at least the coverage is there, which begs the question - IF DirecTV can get the feed to show for MLB EI - why can't they get the feed to carry as an RSN?

The rest of the feed is cable exclusive to Cox Cable. D* is only able to get the feed for MLBEI due to the part ownership of the package along with MLB and Indemand, which Cox is a part of.
Dan Sholtis

spam firewall