Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

SD4 Possible this year???

vizio

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,547 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 07 April 2010 - 02:18 PM

The rest of the feed is cable exclusive to Cox Cable. D* is only able to get the feed for MLBEI due to the part ownership of the package along with MLB and Indemand, which Cox is a part of.

Plus, SD4 is not viewable even with EI in the hometown area. As an RSN, it would be viewable in the hometown area and, therefore, not exclusive to Cox.

As for MLB.tv and satellite radio, MLB got the jump on the local guys by making all internet and national radio rights centrally owned. They were not able to do so in time for satellite TV (which they learned from). That is why the newer technologies have full coverage.
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   sunfire9us

sunfire9us

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 371 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 07:23 PM

I already knew FS Rockie MTN was going to show the Padres/Rockies game both SD and HDTV today so I wouldnt expect DTV to have SD4 today. As I was watching the game on FS Rockie MTN, and talking to my best friend on phone, my best friend was looking thru the channels and a HUGE suprise came up!!!!!! DTV had made the SD4 channel avail also today!!! I was so mad at first since it was already the 8th inning when this was discovered. Makes you wonder if they might be able to get MORE of the SD4 games after all this year (:

#23 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,211 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 07:55 PM

Plus, SD4 is not viewable even with EI in the hometown area. As an RSN, it would be viewable in the hometown area and, therefore, not exclusive to Cox.

As for MLB.tv and satellite radio, MLB got the jump on the local guys by making all internet and national radio rights centrally owned. They were not able to do so in time for satellite TV (which they learned from). That is why the newer technologies have full coverage.

why can MLB just force them to open the feed to people in market for free with not needing to buy MLB EI?
I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

#24 OFFLINE   Skyboss

Skyboss

Icon

• Registered
  • 585 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 10:05 AM

why can MLB just force them to open the feed to people in market for free with not needing to buy MLB EI?

Because COX not only owns the channel, they own the distribution rights for now which is what all the hubbub is about. Cox insists their control of the channel is akin to DirecTV and Sunday Ticket, but they ignore the fact that the NFL owns the NFL broadcast and CBS/FOX own the channels.

#25 OFFLINE   MikeW

MikeW

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,540 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 10:09 AM

Looks like two broadcasts for Pads/Braves in the guide today. It'll be nice to hear Dick Enberg calling the game.

#26 OFFLINE   paco1986

paco1986

Icon

• Registered
  • 574 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 01:50 PM

Looks like two broadcasts for Pads/Braves in the guide today. It'll be nice to hear Dick Enberg calling the game.

Yes! I just hope the PQ for the 4SD feed is better than yesterday. The feed yesterday was definitely not in HD, it looked horrible!:mad:

#27 OFFLINE   sunfire9us

sunfire9us

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 371 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 08:16 PM

Yeah I found this out ahead of time. makes you wonder if something has happened.Maybe Cox might stop playing the games now the loophole is closed?

#28 OFFLINE   sunfire9us

sunfire9us

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 371 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 08:17 PM

Yes! I just hope the PQ for the 4SD feed is better than yesterday. The feed yesterday was definitely not in HD, it looked horrible!:mad:

So I wasn't the only one to notice that? Yes it was awful Sunday! Tonights telecast was a GOOD one in hdtv

#29 OFFLINE   sunfire9us

sunfire9us

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 371 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 10:48 PM

HEY GUYS!!!! I just looked at the DTV schedule concerning the next two Padres/Braves games and there WILL BE SD4 TELECASTS coming!!!!!

#30 OFFLINE   MikeW

MikeW

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,540 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 11:29 PM

The baseball Gods are shining brightly! The guide is now in chronological order, we have CSN Philly, Cox 4, are break in the Saturday blackouts...wow! All that's left is more OTA games, but I'm not complaining.

#31 OFFLINE   paco1986

paco1986

Icon

• Registered
  • 574 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 02:23 PM

So I wasn't the only one to notice that? Yes it was awful Sunday! Tonights telecast was a GOOD one in hdtv

Must have been a technical problem at the source. But as you say, yesterday's telecast was back to the usual great PQ.

#32 OFFLINE   paco1986

paco1986

Icon

• Registered
  • 574 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 02:31 PM

HEY GUYS!!!! I just looked at the DTV schedule concerning the next two Padres/Braves games and there WILL BE SD4 TELECASTS coming!!!!!

Hopefully it is like 2008 when MLB EI had the 4SD feed for every game of the season.

#33 OFFLINE   sunfire9us

sunfire9us

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 371 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 03:09 PM

Hopefully it is like 2008 when MLB EI had the 4SD feed for every game of the season.

Im seriously starting to wonder if we have gotten SD4 back. This was two days in a row where going by what they were doing before ( either no telecast from the other team or hdtv feed) they have carried both of the feeds. Makes you wonder now the loophole is closed if Cox just quit playing games and let their telecast become avail again.

#34 OFFLINE   alevine1986

alevine1986

Godfather

• Registered
  • 317 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 03:51 PM

I'm glad they are putting the games back in order of start time, but why is the online guide not listing all the feeds. I assume the following feeds are not listed for today...

725 DBacks
734 Rockies
735 A's
738 Giants

I can't check these, since I'm not at home.

#35 OFFLINE   sunfire9us

sunfire9us

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 371 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 05:13 PM

I'm glad they are putting the games back in order of start time, but why is the online guide not listing all the feeds. I assume the following feeds are not listed for today...

725 DBacks
734 Rockies
735 A's
738 Giants

I can't check these, since I'm not at home.

Might want to go to the appropriate thread to find this answer out. This thread is about SD4 telecasts

#36 OFFLINE   paco1986

paco1986

Icon

• Registered
  • 574 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 06:25 PM

Im seriously starting to wonder if we have gotten SD4 back.

Still too early to tell. The 4SD feed was missing on opening day and on Saturday. What will happen for the weekend series against Arizona? Will we have the 4SD feed for that series?

#37 OFFLINE   sunfire9us

sunfire9us

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 371 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 09:45 PM

Still too early to tell. The 4SD feed was missing on opening day and on Saturday. What will happen for the weekend series against Arizona? Will we have the 4SD feed for that series?

One thing I recall is back when we were getting the SD4 telecasts regularly, usually the first several telecasts were not avail??? Not sure if the same thing happened here this time???

#38 OFFLINE   cariera

cariera

Icon

• Registered
  • 862 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 10:08 PM

One thing I recall is back when we were getting the SD4 telecasts regularly, usually the first several telecasts were not avail??? Not sure if the same thing happened here this time???

The one thing I recall back when we were getting the SD4 broadcasts regularly is that the game would start with the Spanish audio being broadcasted.:)

#39 OFFLINE   paco1986

paco1986

Icon

• Registered
  • 574 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 04:29 PM

The one thing I recall back when we were getting the SD4 broadcasts regularly is that the game would start with the Spanish audio being broadcasted.:)

Yep, I remember that. Back then the Padres Spanish TV broadcast used the 4SD feed as well. So the audio probably got mixed up!:lol:

#40 OFFLINE   sunfire9us

sunfire9us

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 371 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 05:52 PM

I always presumed they had a double audio signal English and Spanish to this day dont they?

Protected By... spam firewall...And...