Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Channel 1013 directv

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   pasdenom

pasdenom

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 10:27 PM

This morning when I turned on my tv it was tuned to channel 1013. This channel is not in the directv lineup, so I don't know how it got there. Very weird. Anyone else experience something like this?

Receiver R15-300.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   ThomasM

ThomasM

RF Engineer

• Registered
  • 4,317 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, WI

Posted 16 March 2010 - 05:53 PM

Howdy and welcome to DBSTALK.COM!! :welcome_s

DirecTV sends movies to their DVR's "in the background" known as DirecTV Cinema. This is a pay-per-view movie service which also has channels between 100 and 200.

These movies are recorded on DVR's so customers who are looking for a movie can watch one immediately by browsing the movies already recorded on their hard drive. These movies do not reduce the recording time available to the subscriber because the hard drive has more space on it than the subscriber is allowed to use. They also supposedly do not interfere with the customers' scheduled recordings and only record if nothing else is scheduled.

The standard-definition movies are sent on channel 1013 which is NOT listed in the program guide and not accessible by the customer. Your DVR must have suffered some kind of problem while recording one of these movies and it locked up with that channel being the current one.

3LNB Phase III Dish * 2-R15-300 * R22-200 * D12-100 * DirecTV Subscriber since Y2K

#3 OFFLINE   xmguy

xmguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,912 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 04:06 PM

I wake up every morning even many times a day with my kitchen R15-100 being on one of the movie channels with a blank screen.
DirecTV Subscriber Since 3/24/2008 || HR44-500 - SWiM and DECA to Vizio 32" LCD 1080P HDTV (SV320XVT) via HDMI | MY SETUP IN DETAIL UPDATED 3/21/2012 (Q1 2013 | I'm On FACEBOOK! "Originally Posted by xmguy : OK. I need directions. (to Sixto's house) Lol ;) | Originally Posted by Sea bass : Head down to 99c, skip over to 103ca, next over to 103cb and you have arrived.:)":hurah:

#4 OFFLINE   ThomasM

ThomasM

RF Engineer

• Registered
  • 4,317 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, WI

Posted 17 March 2010 - 05:54 PM

I wake up every morning even many times a day with my kitchen R15-100 being on one of the movie channels with a blank screen.

Very odd.

I have been against these "forced recordings" since day one. I still suspect they interfere with the subscribers' use of their DVR. (as your quote above attests to)

3LNB Phase III Dish * 2-R15-300 * R22-200 * D12-100 * DirecTV Subscriber since Y2K

#5 OFFLINE   xmguy

xmguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,912 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 06:50 PM

Very odd.

I have been against these "forced recordings" since day one. I still suspect they interfere with the subscribers' use of their DVR. (as your quote above attests to)

Yep. I find it happening all the time. I'm guessing since my other DVR's are R22's and HR21 they get the watch it now via ethernet. Where as the older R15 gets it off the satellite. I just wish I could opt out.
DirecTV Subscriber Since 3/24/2008 || HR44-500 - SWiM and DECA to Vizio 32" LCD 1080P HDTV (SV320XVT) via HDMI | MY SETUP IN DETAIL UPDATED 3/21/2012 (Q1 2013 | I'm On FACEBOOK! "Originally Posted by xmguy : OK. I need directions. (to Sixto's house) Lol ;) | Originally Posted by Sea bass : Head down to 99c, skip over to 103ca, next over to 103cb and you have arrived.:)":hurah:

#6 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,085 posts
  • LocationDripping Springs, TX

Posted 18 March 2010 - 06:55 PM

Yep. I find it happening all the time. I'm guessing since my other DVR's are R22's and HR21 they get the watch it now via ethernet. Where as the older R15 gets it off the satellite. I just wish I could opt out.

DirecTV doesn't use the ethernet connection to push movies to the DVR's, they're pushed via satellite for both the HD DVR's and SD DVR's.

See post My Setup for configuration info.

#7 OFFLINE   ThomasM

ThomasM

RF Engineer

• Registered
  • 4,317 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, WI

Posted 19 March 2010 - 06:38 PM

Here's an interesting little tid-bit about the R22.

Now that HD has been enabled on it (for folks who ALREADY have HD on their account and at least one additional HD receiver), if you DON'T have HD on your account and your R22 is still in "SD mode" (like mine) DirecTV Cinema "movies on demand" are not recorded!!

The "on demand" menu is there along with the recommended films to buy, but you cannot watch a movie instantly. Instead, the R22 shows you when your selected movie is going to be shown on one of the regular (real time) PPV channels.

I love it!!!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...