Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Blockbuster may file for bankruptcy

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   pfp

pfp

Whatever

• Registered
  • 1,552 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 10:16 AM

btw, if Blockbuster wants to save itself, they can start by charging a rewind fee on DVD's. We all know how stupid so much of the public is. They're bound to bring in at least a grand or two per store each month.

I don't recall what they called it but Hollywood Video offered something like insurance in case the disc didn't play. It was a rather small charge per disc but the concept was absolutely ridiculous.
I do, I offer a complete and utter retraction. The imputation was totally without basis in fact, and was in no way fair comment, and was motivated purely by malice, and I deeply regret any distress that my comments may have caused you, or your family, and I hereby undertake not to repeat any such slander at any time in the future.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   pfp

pfp

Whatever

• Registered
  • 1,552 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 10:24 AM

I learned recently that Blockbuster stores (not just on-line) have an all you can rent plan. Plans and pricing is set by the individual store but near me it's 2 out at a for $30. All in all not THAT bad considering there is no shipping time and blu-ray is included.

I have no idea why they don't promote these plans.
I do, I offer a complete and utter retraction. The imputation was totally without basis in fact, and was in no way fair comment, and was motivated purely by malice, and I deeply regret any distress that my comments may have caused you, or your family, and I hereby undertake not to repeat any such slander at any time in the future.

#43 OFFLINE   Christopher Gould

Christopher Gould

Icon

• Registered
  • 785 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 05:29 PM

I learned recently that Blockbuster stores (not just on-line) have an all you can rent plan. Plans and pricing is set by the individual store but near me it's 2 out at a for $30. All in all not THAT bad considering there is no shipping time and blu-ray is included.

I have no idea why they don't promote these plans.

movie gallery had an all u can rent plan in my local before it went belly up

spam firewall