Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

No Speaking the Truth Here?

usb wireless ethernet

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
23 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,442 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 17 March 2010 - 08:53 PM

Don't complain in public--send a moderator a note if you disagree.

Tom

I don't know if you realize it Tom, but the point of this thread was to complain in public ABOUT the moderators.

:confused:

I'm sure Directv can't wait to get their hands on your unit.

Directv customer since 2000

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,252 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 08:57 PM

If Saywhat? is questioning moderation about Nick's thread about his son, there are some comments.

First--don't question moderation in public. Talk to a moderator via PM or email.

As for that thread: It was about something Nick's son did. Nick did not introduce a political element--he talked about a public person who happens to be a political figure. Had Nick introduced more political commentary, we might have had to edit it or remove it. He did not so we did not.

Now, others did introduce political commentary (and also into this thread). Those elements were removed. Please don't do that again.

Thanks,
Tom

Go Packers!

My real treasures: 5 Grandchildren - S, D, M, M, C ; Now 5! Great-Grandtibbers - B, H, J, A, and M (Born 7/31/2011)

#23 OFFLINE   Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,252 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 08:59 PM

I don't know if you realize it Tom, but the point of this thread was to complain in public ABOUT the moderators.

:confused:

Yup. Understand. And another moderator might yet toss this thread into the dumpster. I hoped a bit of explanation might work.

Cheers,
Tom

Go Packers!

My real treasures: 5 Grandchildren - S, D, M, M, C ; Now 5! Great-Grandtibbers - B, H, J, A, and M (Born 7/31/2011)

#24 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,902 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 12:51 AM

I believe the question has been answered ...

We are a free speaking forum but not a free for all. If there are any other questions about the issue please send a PM to a moderator (any moderator).

Thanks!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...