Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

D-10 Program Guide

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   69isgood

69isgood

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 10:22 AM

We have had D-10's (owned) for years without any trouble. During our recent move, one died. So we decided to "upgrade" to a R-16 SD w/DVR. Like it so far and have noticed the channels we don't get are grayed out. Yes, no surprise to most of you, but we have been content with what we have had.

We really like this grayed out feature, and wondered if it is possible with a software update on our D-10's??
Triple LNB
3 - D10's
R16-500

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,253 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 19 March 2010 - 04:37 PM

That feature should be on the D10's. You probably have selected to view Channels I Receive on the R16, while you probably are viewing All Channels on the D10. Check your Channel Filter (Yellow button while in Guide) to verify your setup.

Be advised though that the Channels I Receive feature does not work correctly so it could very well still display channels that you don't receive.

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#3 OFFLINE   ThomasM

ThomasM

RF Engineer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,317 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, WI

Posted 19 March 2010 - 06:56 PM

The Merg is right. The "grayed out" channels in the guide feature and the "channels I get" feature (which displays all channels that AREN'T grayed out) has been "under construction" for some time now by DirecTV.

As of today, it pretty closely resembles the channels you actually do get in your package but it's far from 100% accurate. If the channel is grayed out, you definitely DO NOT get it, but if it ISN'T grayed out, that doesn't necessarily mean you DO get it in your package.

3LNB Phase III Dish * 2-R15-300 * R22-200 * D12-100 * DirecTV Subscriber since Y2K

#4 OFFLINE   69isgood

69isgood

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 09:47 AM

GOT IT. Thanks, wiil try looking at my set up.
Triple LNB
3 - D10's
R16-500

Protected By... spam firewall...And...