Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

CBS HD - Rochester, MN

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   speedboat

speedboat

AllStar

• Registered
  • 64 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 09:51 AM

Dish Network customer here, but have an HD question for DirectTV customers... Hopefully this is a proper forum for this question.:confused:

Each March I attend a 4-day Rum and Roundball party, where we tip a few and watch every NCAA game we can. The hosts have DirectTV and the NCAA package, which is in HD.

This package has every game, except whatever game the local CBS station is carrying. Of course, the games of most interest to locals, is on the local station. The host says the local stations are not available in HD. Is this true?

Can you get KIMT is HD via DirectTV?

Thanks.

Al

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   texasbrit

texasbrit

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,017 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 11:49 AM

No, no HD locals on DirecTV in that DMA.

#3 OFFLINE   Beerstalker

Beerstalker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,986 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 10:22 AM

They could possibly get an AM21 and an OTA antenna and get them that way though.

#4 OFFLINE   xrobmn

xrobmn

Legend

• Registered
  • 208 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 02:21 PM

Dish Network customer here, but have an HD question for DirectTV customers... Hopefully this is a proper forum for this question.:confused:

Each March I attend a 4-day Rum and Roundball party, where we tip a few and watch every NCAA game we can. The hosts have DirectTV and the NCAA package, which is in HD.

This package has every game, except whatever game the local CBS station is carrying. Of course, the games of most interest to locals, is on the local station. The host says the local stations are not available in HD. Is this true?

Can you get KIMT is HD via DirectTV?

Thanks.

Al

As others have said, no, no HD locals yet...However, I live on the 'Rim' in Rochester and wioth the simple Radio Shack indoor HD antenna (that looks like a UFO", I can get KIMT when pointing to the SW... The other locals comes from I thihnk Ostrander, and can easily be picked up via antenna.. might need a bit more gain from the PI area tho..

#5 OFFLINE   speedboat

speedboat

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 64 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 07:01 AM

I would think DISH would be all over this, but maybe they don't offer Rochester locals in HD either, thankfully I get my networks from the Twin Cities and they are all in HD.

In case anyone cares, I have a roof mounted DB8 here in PI and can pick up KIMT (3) in HD without problem. KAAL (6) has the best signal. Fox (47) is also fairly reliable. On a normal day I get 8 OTA channels, but it's gone up to 19 OTA on that rare Sunday evening when everything seems perfect.

Can't get KTTC (10) no matter what I do.

#6 OFFLINE   xrobmn

xrobmn

Legend

• Registered
  • 208 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 08:18 AM

I would think DISH would be all over this, but maybe they don't offer Rochester locals in HD either, thankfully I get my networks from the Twin Cities and they are all in HD.

In case anyone cares, I have a roof mounted DB8 here in PI and can pick up KIMT (3) in HD without problem. KAAL (6) has the best signal. Fox (47) is also fairly reliable. On a normal day I get 8 OTA channels, but it's gone up to 19 OTA on that rare Sunday evening when everything seems perfect.

Can't get KTTC (10) no matter what I do.

Weird.. Fox 47 and KTTC 10 are on the same tower now.. thought KTTC was putting out a bit more power, but could be wrong..

Don't get any of the twin cities stations where I"m at.. so I'll live with what I have for now :)

spam firewall