Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Hallmark Movie Channel?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ki4cgs

ki4cgs

AllStar

• Registered
  • 83 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 02:05 PM

I didn't see this anywhere else...

Crown Media Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: CRWN), owner and operator of Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movie Channel, today announced it has renewed its distribution agreement for Hallmark Channel with DIRECTV, Inc., for a multi-year term. DIRECTV currently distributes Hallmark Channel to nearly 15 million homes.

Additionally, DIRECTV will have the right to distribute the Standard Definition and High Definition versions of Hallmark Movie Channel.

"We are very happy to announce this renewal of our affiliation agreement with DIRECTV, the second-largest distributor of our programming and one of Crown Media's most important partners in contributing to our ability to provide quality family friendly programming," said Henry Schleiff, President and CEO, Crown Media Holdings, Inc.

Full Story:
http://findarticles....5/ai_n24363944/

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   Hoosier205

Hoosier205

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,596 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 02:07 PM

I didn't see this anywhere else...

Crown Media Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: CRWN), owner and operator of Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movie Channel, today announced it has renewed its distribution agreement for Hallmark Channel with DIRECTV, Inc., for a multi-year term. DIRECTV currently distributes Hallmark Channel to nearly 15 million homes.

Additionally, DIRECTV will have the right to distribute the Standard Definition and High Definition versions of Hallmark Movie Channel.

"We are very happy to announce this renewal of our affiliation agreement with DIRECTV, the second-largest distributor of our programming and one of Crown Media's most important partners in contributing to our ability to provide quality family friendly programming," said Henry Schleiff, President and CEO, Crown Media Holdings, Inc.

Full Story:
http://findarticles....5/ai_n24363944/

The date of the story: March 5, 2008
DTV = Digital Television

#3 OFFLINE   bixler

bixler

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 02:13 PM

:confused:
Slimline5.....SWM 8.....SWS-8 8 way splitter
PI feeds SWS-8 splitter and HR 21-100 in Media Room 0x62c 3:59am 12/18/12
SWS-8 splitter feeds HR 22-100 in Family Room 0x62c 3:59am 12/18/12 wireless ethernet connection via Linksys WET610N
SWS-8 splitter feeds HR 22-100 in Master Bedroom 0x62c 3:59am 12/18/12
SWS-8 splitter feeds H 21-100 in Guest Bedroom 0x45d2 3:27am 6/27/12

#4 OFFLINE   ki4cgs

ki4cgs

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 83 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 10:21 PM

Oh wow. I did not notice that at all! :)

Well since this is two years old where is Hallmark Movie Channel?

#5 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 19,423 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 21 March 2010 - 11:17 PM

Quite a few providers offer HMC in HD. In my area, Comcast and DISH Network offer it while Charter and DIRECTV do not.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -- JFK

#6 OFFLINE   Coca Cola Kid

Coca Cola Kid

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,608 posts
  • LocationMt. Morris, MI

Posted 21 March 2010 - 11:26 PM

Probably on D12

DIRECTV customer

All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of other DIRECTV customers

My giant list of missing or wrong logos

#7 OFFLINE   Avder

Avder

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 12:19 AM

Dont feel bad. One time a search engine devoted to market news found a two year old article, posted it as new, and cut the stock price of the company the article referred to in half during that days trading.

Remember, whatever mistake you make, someone else has already made it, and made it more spectacularly.

#8 OFFLINE   skyviewmark1

skyviewmark1

Godfather

• Registered
  • 367 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 05:33 AM

On Dish Network. :)
Mark

Local Dealers always make good friends

2 Hopper 2000's - 2 Joey 1.0's - Dish 1000.4 WA
-------------------------------------
DirecTV HR20-700 - HR24-200 - DTV SWMLine LNB
-------------------------------------
Wildblue SM2000 and dish

#9 OFFLINE   Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon

Chancellor

• Registered
  • 8,970 posts
  • LocationDawson, Georgia

Posted 22 March 2010 - 11:35 AM

With the additional HBO/Cinemax channels! ;)

~Alan

#10 OFFLINE   ThomasM

ThomasM

RF Engineer

• Registered
  • 4,317 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, WI

Posted 24 March 2010 - 05:46 PM

What? Hallmark Movie Channel?

DirecTV add a new non-shopping/non-religious channel?

I hope I'm sitting down so I don't have a heart attack... :mad:

3LNB Phase III Dish * 2-R15-300 * R22-200 * D12-100 * DirecTV Subscriber since Y2K

#11 OFFLINE   matt

matt

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,858 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 08:25 PM

What? Hallmark Movie Channel?

DirecTV add a new non-shopping/non-religious channel?

I hope I'm sitting down so I don't have a heart attack... :mad:

Don't forget pay channel! :lol:
Slimline 5 with SWM-16
Wireless DECA
HR34-700!
R22-200 Leased
Owned H25-700 and H24-700 off and packed for the move.

DIRECTV subscriber since Nov. 2009

#12 OFFLINE   Argee

Argee

Legend

• Registered
  • 101 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 05:34 AM

I am amazed that they let the movies they have interfer with the commercials! I mean talk about a channel with commercial overload. I tried to watch something live but they came in every 8 minutes with a commercial break.
Big zero from me.

#13 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,176 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 01:27 PM

I am amazed that they let the movies they have interfer with the commercials! I mean talk about a channel with commercial overload. I tried to watch something live but they came in every 8 minutes with a commercial break.
Big zero from me.

And you're paying extra for made for TV movies.

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

#14 OFFLINE   TANK

TANK

Icon

• DBSTalk Club
  • 885 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 14 June 2010 - 02:31 PM

This is definitely a channel you need a dvr because of all those commercial breaks.

They also need to fix the low sound volume . But I have found a lot of movies to watch on this channel

#15 OFFLINE   Hoosier205

Hoosier205

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,596 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 02:43 PM

And you're paying extra for made for TV movies.

Many of the movies shown had theatrical releases and were not made for television.

Also, let's not forget all those 1080i channels you pay for with reduced resolution and that every channel you subscribe to comes via that lovely Dish Network compression scheme resulting in macroblocking, among other issues. In short, we are just fine over here. It would be best if you chose to mind your own business and continued to enjoy your second rate service via Dish Network. I hope that poor image quality doesn't cause permanent damage to your eyesight. Perhaps you and others can join in a class action lawsuit. I am sure they will fight that just has hard as their blatant patent infringement with TiVo. How long until you lose the use of that DVR?
DTV = Digital Television

#16 OFFLINE   hilmar2k

hilmar2k

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,251 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 02:50 PM

Many of the movies shown had theatrical releases and were not made for television.

Also, let's not forget all those 1080i channels you pay for with reduced resolution and that every channel you subscribe to comes via that lovely Dish Network compression scheme resulting in macroblocking, among other issues. In short, we are just fine over here. It would be best if you chose to mind your own business and continued to enjoy your second rate service via Dish Network. I hope that poor image quality doesn't cause permanent damage to your eyesight. Perhaps you and others can join in a class action lawsuit. I am sure they will fight that just has hard as their blatant patent infringement with TiVo. How long until you lose the use of that DVR?

!rolling

#17 OFFLINE   goober22

goober22

Godfather

• Registered
  • 476 posts
  • LocationSunny Flori-Duh!

Posted 15 June 2010 - 07:35 AM

This month's billing insert had a notice that both Hallmark & HMM in HD were coming "soon".

Resident Jenius!

DirecTV = HR20-700x2, HR20-100x2, R22-100+AM21Nx2, DECA Networked, R15-500x1 (not activated), D12-300x2, Slimeline-5, SWM16, WHDVR, OTA=21, WOW (Knology) Cable = 50Mbps Internet & Phone,  Hitachi 65S700 65", Sanyo 50" Plasma x2, Hisense 42" LCD, Scepter 40" LCD, Vizio 26" LCD, Hiteker 32" LCD,  Sony 7.1 Receiver, Sony 7.1 Speaker System

Protected By... spam firewall...And...