Since Tivo has pointed out that it will be the old Tivo UI, I don't see how this box will sell as a premium dvr at a higher monthly price?
Would anyone really pay extra for an HR24 with the old Tivo UI on it?
Even though this sounds like a troll, I'll bite: Yes. Emphatically yes
IMO it's not the interface, it's the HR2x's bugs and deficiencies — and interference by D* marketing (preventing CIG from working or being user-maintainable).
Of course I'm assuming that a TiVo won't have as many bugs. Here's my complete list of HR10 deficiencies:
• The HR10 always forgets your position (in either a recording or the live buffer) if you exit after pausing within 5 minutes of the end.
• FFx1 frequently (and inevitably) freezes, and then the screen may go black after a while, unless and until you press another trick play button.
• Every few months my HR10 has to be restarted, often after it complains that it hasn't been able to get schedule info because the phone connection isn't working.
• When DirecTV deletes and re-adds a junk channel, TiVo doesn't remember that you've already removed it from the list of Channels I Get.
• [not a bug; WAD] The HR10 makes you wait a minute or three after you shuffle the Season Pass list.
• [following Rupert Murdoch's nefarious plan] It can no longer pick up any HD channels from the satellites.
Does anyone have more to add?
Edited by Syzygy, 01 April 2010 - 12:06 PM.