Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DIRECTV HD Receiver with TiVo (Official Q2 2010 Thread)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
784 replies to this topic

#781 OFFLINE   David Ortiz

David Ortiz

Thirsty from pretzels

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,093 posts
  • LocationFresno, CA

Posted 25 June 2010 - 04:09 PM

I will continue to patiently wait for the Dtv HD Tivo, but for now I got a free HR24 coming Tuesday.

I like to hit pause, hit LIVE to switch to other tuner... watch for a bit, then PAUSE and hit LIVE to switch back to my other live tuner, as in watching two ballgames at once.

You don't need TiVo for that.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#782 OFFLINE   Dradran

Dradran

AllStar

• Registered
  • 86 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 04:14 PM

I will continue to patiently wait for the Dtv HD Tivo, but for now I got a free HR24 coming Tuesday.

I like to hit pause, hit LIVE to switch to other tuner... watch for a bit, then PAUSE and hit LIVE to switch back to my other live tuner, as in watching two ballgames at once.

You can do it with DoublePlay on the HR2x series. Maybe even other DVR's. I use it all the time with Sunday Ticket watching the Pats games and Redzone doing exactly what you are describing.

Instructions here.

http://www.directv.c...ssetId=P6300172

#783 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 28,917 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 25 June 2010 - 04:14 PM

Use the down arrow on your HR24 to accomplish the same thing .. It's called DoublePlay.
DIRECTV Firmware Monitor - iPhone - Android - HTML5

DIRECTV employee since August 2011.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#784 OFFLINE   bonscott87

bonscott87

Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

• Registered
  • 9,809 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 05:07 PM

Been able to do that on the HR2x's for over a year. ;)

#785 OFFLINE   wingrider01

wingrider01

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 05:13 PM

Coulda sold 'em on eBay. ;)

I wasn't going to comment further, but on second thought... I had/have only one HR10. I didn't get dropped recordings or overheating. I had some lockups and spontaneous reboots early on (August 2004), but they didn't make me feel like the DVR was my enemy — like the HR21 does currently.

Maybe your bad experiences were a few months before I got my box, with half-baked software?

had the HR10's from a few months after release till the HR2X's came out

Sell on Ebay? Why bring pain and misery on a unsuspected person, as mean as I am I would not even do that to my ex-wife or a lawyer, after all I do have some standards. was more fun hitting them with the shotgun when I got rid of them, they where replaced with owned HR2X's throught he protection plan and Directv did not want them back.

1 HR20
2 HR21

have had a few spontaneous reboots - mainly when they had the guide data problems, unlike the expeirence with the HR10's - don;t think the hr10 ever had anything but half backed software

spam firewall