Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Dish Network FAQ Thread

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 10:02 AM

What's the secondary per month fee on the 922? I thought it was 19 but I don't know for sure.

"Belligerent and numerous."

Sometimes I update the Dish Network FAQ

AT200, Hopper & 360 via HDMI to Onkyo 505 to basement 42" Westy, Hopper via Comp-over-Cat5 to living room 42" Vizio with a Roku 3, Joey to Toshiba 32" LCD with a Logitech Revue. You want fries with that? Pull up to the 2nd window.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,729 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 01:36 PM

What's the secondary per month fee on the 922? I thought it was 19 but I don't know for sure.

$20

#23 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 03:13 PM

Added the additional $4 for the 922 Sling service.

AT200, Hopper & 360 via HDMI to Onkyo 505 to basement 42" Westy, Hopper via Comp-over-Cat5 to living room 42" Vizio with a Roku 3, Joey to Toshiba 32" LCD with a Logitech Revue. You want fries with that? Pull up to the 2nd window.

#24 OFFLINE   Santana

Santana

AllStar

• Registered
  • 61 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 04:11 PM

Hopefully quick question: Does DISH map all of their HD channels to the same SD channel, or do you have to tune to a separate HD channel in some cases? I was reviewing a DISH guide and it lists duplicates for several channels, but in some cases lists the SD channel on one number and the HD channel only on a separate number.

#25 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,729 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 05:46 PM

Hopefully quick question: Does DISH map all of their HD channels to the same SD channel, or do you have to tune to a separate HD channel in some cases? I was reviewing a DISH guide and it lists duplicates for several channels, but in some cases lists the SD channel on one number and the HD channel only on a separate number.

The core HD channels that are versions of SD channels should be mapped down to their SD channel numbers. The ones that don't have mapdowns are the Platinum HD channels and a few of the alternate sports channels.

#26 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,591 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 19 November 2010 - 06:08 PM

Added the additional $4 for the 922 Sling service.

What additional $4 for the 922 Sling service?

I'm not aware of an additional fee on the 922 for the Sling service. They already charge more for the 922 as a DVR on your account and more per receiver if you add a 2nd 922... I'm not aware of another $4 fee to use the Sling features that it comes with.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#27 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 03:51 PM

I suppose we can call the 922 a Sling DuoDVR again.

#28 OFFLINE   hdaddikt

hdaddikt

Legend

• Registered
  • 197 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 12:50 PM

If I 'sling' to another TV, can I use the 922's DVR for both?

#29 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 01:21 PM

Yes. The 922 is an integrated DVR and Slingbox. I watch the DVR at work all the time.

WAIT I MEAN...

#30 OFFLINE   hdaddikt

hdaddikt

Legend

• Registered
  • 197 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 03:17 PM

I guess I meant can I get HD on TV2, but then I still can't use the DVR for TV2 recording as I could with the agile mod. output (no HD of course).

#31 OFFLINE   mschwab

mschwab

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 02:25 PM

Q: Does Dish do Multi-Room Viewing (MRV)?

A dual-output "Duo" tuner allows up to two televisions access to everything on the main receiver.

So, the answer really is "NO"! I'm thinking of switching from D* to E* (back again), and as I understand it, D* lets you share share programs from multiple HD DVRs to multiple rooms, with HDTVs in each room, over Ethernet or their DECA network.

Whereas E* only shares one DVR between two TVs, and the second TV can only be SD.

#32 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,842 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 13 January 2011 - 02:41 PM

Little change happened last month - using Sling Adapter you could get out of TV2 HD signal via Ethernet

#33 OFFLINE   cj9788

cj9788

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 02:08 PM

Why is Miami florida on the western arc?

#34 OFFLINE   scooper

scooper

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,739 posts
  • LocationYoungsville NC

Posted 02 February 2011 - 08:17 PM

Why is Miami florida on the western arc?

Because Dish didn't have a spotbeam on Eastern Arc for it at the time.
You CAN put antennas on your owned and/or controlled property...

http://www.fcc.gov/mb/facts/otard.html

#35 OFFLINE   smithduluth

smithduluth

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 22 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 12:41 AM

On my 222K receiver I found that I cannot manually select by keypad CNN SD (channel 200 SD) for example on TV 2 unless I lockout channel 200 HD in channel locks. The receiver will output the HD channel on tv 2 by default otherwise.

#36 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 02:15 PM

and...? standard behavior if there's an HD signal available is to default to that.

#37 OFFLINE   smithduluth

smithduluth

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 06:54 PM

and...? standard behavior if there's an HD signal available is to default to that.

Seems like the TV2 receiver should have been designed to default to SD by design as HD pictures will not display properly on TV2. They are cropped on the sides. :scratch:

Dish Network 222K HD Receiver with MT2 OTA module, WA 1000.4  Dish.

#38 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,729 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 09:19 PM

Seems like the TV2 receiver should have been designed to default to SD by design as HD pictures will not display properly on TV2. They are cropped on the sides. :scratch:

Or letterboxed ... your choice! The receiver remembers the last display aspect chosen for a HD channel and uses it again.

There are SD channels that are separately engineered to fit ... but many have become simple crops or letterboxing of their HD feed. About the only channels it makes a difference on are the ones that superstretch their SD feed for HD.

It has been that way since the first dual output HD receivers were introduced. I suppose it could be changed - but eight years later?

#39 OFFLINE   scooper

scooper

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,739 posts
  • LocationYoungsville NC

Posted 08 February 2011 - 09:22 PM

smithduluth - a simpler answer might be to create a channel list on TV2
You CAN put antennas on your owned and/or controlled property...

http://www.fcc.gov/mb/facts/otard.html

#40 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,729 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 09:33 PM

smithduluth - a simpler answer might be to create a channel list on TV2

True. I forgot about the lists.

One can also have a separate set of locked and hidden channels on TV2.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...