Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Dish Network FAQ Thread

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#61 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3,131 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:00 PM

Added NEW pricing info for Hopper effective 5/22/13. Sigh.

Also the new board seems to keep my revisions visible? Or am I the only one who sees that?

"Belligerent and numerous."

Sometimes I update the Dish Network FAQ

AT200, Hopper & 360 via HDMI to Onkyo 505 to basement 42" Westy, Hopper via Comp-over-Cat5 to living room 42" Vizio with a Roku 3, Joey to Toshiba 32" LCD with a Logitech Revue. You want fries with that? Pull up to the 2nd window.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#62 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3,131 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:44 PM

Corrected with new numbers for Hopper increase 5/23/13

AT200, Hopper & 360 via HDMI to Onkyo 505 to basement 42" Westy, Hopper via Comp-over-Cat5 to living room 42" Vizio with a Roku 3, Joey to Toshiba 32" LCD with a Logitech Revue. You want fries with that? Pull up to the 2nd window.

#63 OFFLINE   bigredoes

bigredoes

• Registered
  • 1 posts
  • Locationwherever

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:22 PM

Newbie here...so I apologize in advance if this isn't the right way to ask a question.

I have Hopper/Joey account installed at my home.  I also have a second home with more conventional system VIP 211k and VIP 612 - separate account.

QUESTION - if I take either the 211k or 612 and connect it to a television in the Hopper/Joey home (not connected to that system) will it work? 

Basically I am trying to combine two accounts into one so that I do not have to pay a double bill.

#64 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,326 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:07 AM

for now dish will not allow you use ViP boxes with H/H2/J setup ... only one ViP211 with Tailgate box would be allowed

#65 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,010 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:59 PM

Also... if you are trying to have two addresses on the same account, you would be violating terms of service anyway.

-- My cat's breath smells like cat food.

#66 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 905 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:29 AM

You can setup a Snowbird account where you take your receivers from one location to use at your second home.  You can go between homes but you must take your receivers with you.  You cannot have receivers at both locations working at the same time.  Please let me know if you have further questions.  Thanks.

Newbie here...so I apologize in advance if this isn't the right way to ask a question.

I have Hopper/Joey account installed at my home.  I also have a second home with more conventional system VIP 211k and VIP 612 - separate account.

QUESTION - if I take either the 211k or 612 and connect it to a television in the Hopper/Joey home (not connected to that system) will it work? 

Basically I am trying to combine two accounts into one so that I do not have to pay a double bill.

#67 OFFLINE   SeaBeagle

SeaBeagle

Legend

• Registered
  • 400 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:48 PM

You can have two receivers at two different addresses but you would need two separate accounts.

#68 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3,131 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 10:55 AM

Price Increase 2014. 

spam firewall