Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Lost locals from satellite change--Time limit

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   phatmatt1215

phatmatt1215

Icon

• Registered
  • 564 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 11:32 PM

A while back, we were among those that lost our locals if we didn't have an upgraded dish. At the time, we didn't care and didn't do anything about it. Now we care. I assume they would do/did the swapping free of charge since it wasn't our fault. Is there/was there a time limit in which they would do it free of charge, or will it always be free.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   litzdog911

litzdog911

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,593 posts
  • LocationMill Creek, WA

Posted 24 March 2010 - 12:40 AM

Call and ask. I would hope they'll still upgrade you with a sweet deal.
HD DVRs: HR34-700; HR24-500; (2) HR20-700 + WD eSATA 1TB drive/Antec MX1 case; HR21-700; HR21-200 w/AM21
Receivers: H25-500 HD Receiver; H21-100 HD Receiver
Mobile Devices: Nomad

Additional equipment configuration details

Sun & moon help site your satellite dish

#3 OFFLINE   joshjr

joshjr

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,353 posts
  • LocationNE Oklahoma

Posted 24 March 2010 - 01:07 AM

I would guess that you wont have any problems with that. Im sure they would like to get the extra money out of you. They will probably try to see you on a new HD DVR to for cheap to get you into a new 2 year commitment.

#4 OFFLINE   Beerstalker

Beerstalker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,986 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 11:01 AM

I would guess that you wont have any problems with that. Im sure they would like to get the extra money out of you. They will probably try to see you on a new HD DVR to for cheap to get you into a new 2 year commitment.

As long as they go from a DVR to a HD-DVR or SD receiver to HD receiver there is no new commitment when doing a local 72 swap.

If they go from a SD receiver to an HD-DVR then they would be upgrading and it would trigger a new 2 year agreement. If they add more receivers/DVRs then they currently have it will trigger a new 2 year agreement.

As far as I know there is no time limit on the 72 swap. However I see no reason to hold off on doing it now. You will only get channels in SD unless you pay the HD Access fee though (they lock the HD-DVRs and receivers to SD output only).

Protected By... spam firewall...And...