Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Cinemax Penny Promo still going on?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 02:03 PM

Well, it was fun while it lasted. Cinemax for a penny just went offline for me today.
Will check the bill, but the guide they disappeared, unless I look at all channels and they are green, oh well. I did go online to make sure via chat I am not being charged for them, I am not, but I will wait for the bill 1st.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   boba

boba

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,580 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 04:13 PM

Got home from work yesterday and checked Cinemax, it was still on. Called DISH I guess I went to India, after talking to 2 idiots I hung up and called again. Requested Tech support and got an American and some answers, My account has again been debited .01 for another year of Cinemax. He explained the promotion was supposed to end but some customers are being billed by the computer and DISH so far is honoring it. Seems to be another DISH GLITCH but as long as it is in my favor I won't complain. I still wouldn't pay for Cinemax but if it is being given to me I won't refuse it. Well that is my update, should I call and double check?:):):)

MY update, MAY bill had a $12.99 charge for Cinemax. DISH now claims the 1 cent is being charged at the end of the year.

#23 OFFLINE   karrank%

karrank%

AllStar

• Registered
  • 110 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 05:44 PM

Subscribe to Cinamax. MLB is an another matter.

Thanks, I'm fine with what I have for the moment ('til the contract expires) --there's enough good to balance out the rest. Just put off by being extended the offer only to have it yanked away. Doesn't instill confidence in this (newish) user.

In the grand scheme of things, not an item of concern.

#24 OFFLINE   EntropyByDesign

EntropyByDesign

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 24 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 07:59 PM

I contact Dish CS yesterday with live chat and had them remove Cinemax. My first year is almost up and it was going to show up on the bill. I had tried the website to remove it and the $5 fee showed up, so instead I went the CS route. They promised the fee wouldn't be on my bill. We'll see. Anyway live chat works well if anyone is having trouble removing Cinemax.

#25 OFFLINE   Link

Link

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,740 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 10:51 PM

They finally started charging me $12.99 and I used the live chat to remove it and I took off autopay as well since the rewards for it are gone.

#26 OFFLINE   tcatdbs

tcatdbs

Icon

• Registered
  • 555 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 03:47 PM

I'm still getting it. I had it with the "2 year" Absolute promo, which is about to expire. Do I need to keep HBO to keep the Cinemax for the 1 cent deal (before my 2 years is up)? I'm thinking of dropping all my movie channels and signing up for Netfix over the Wii. $9/mo. seems like a MUCH better deal for "video on demand". But if I can keep getting Max for 1 cent, I plan to keep it until they start charging.

Ooops, just looked at my online bill. Says they'll be adding $13 for Max starting next bill. The current bill shows 6/24/10 to 7/23/10, does that mean I have until 7/23 to drop Max? Definitely going the streaming method starting next month!

Edited by tcatdbs, 14 June 2010 - 03:56 PM.

#27 OFFLINE   SaltiDawg

SaltiDawg

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 03:55 PM

Yesterday (4/15/2010) I received a letter from Dish saying my 1 cent Cinemax Promo was ending next month and that they would be charging my account $12.99/month starting with next bill.

I did an on-line chat to cancel Cinemax and the rep gave me an additional year for a penny.
... .

UPDATE The $12 monthly charge was not removed and indeed appeared again this month. I called, received credit for the $12 X 2 but there will be no 1 Cent/year renewal.

#28 OFFLINE   mlcarson

mlcarson

Mentor

• Registered
  • 45 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 10:44 PM

Is the Cinemax for a penny deal available to new subscribers??? I'm debating on subscribing to Dish.

#29 OFFLINE   tsmacro

tsmacro

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationEast Central Indiana

Posted 15 June 2010 - 12:23 PM

Is the Cinemax for a penny deal available to new subscribers??? I'm debating on subscribing to Dish.

No

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair." - Douglas Adams

"Who would rule a nation when he could have easier work, such as carrying water uphill in a sieve?" - Robert Jordan

spam firewall