Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Dynamo vs FC Dallas - channel 676

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   bones boy

bones boy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 274 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 02:44 PM

Can anyone else with Sports Pack who is not in Texas tune into channel 676 and see the soccer game? I cannot - getting a 727 error - even though there are no blackouts in MLS AND all other channels working fine.

Spent 60 minutes on the phone with DTV and they have no idea.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Civrock

Civrock

Legend

• Registered
  • 137 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 27 March 2010 - 03:00 PM

Same here, 727. Sports Pack and in NC. Didn't know there were blackouts in MLS, heh. Supposedly it's on Telefutura exclusively but I don't have that one.

---

GameSearch Hasn't Found Your Program
Dynamo @ FC Dallas is blacked out on this channel. Sorry, a channel here it is viewable has not been found, but we're still searching.

#3 OFFLINE   wmb

wmb

Godfather

• Registered
  • 452 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 03:13 PM

Can anyone else with Sports Pack who is not in Texas tune into channel 676 and see the soccer game? I cannot - getting a 727 error - even though there are no blackouts in MLS AND all other channels working fine.

Spent 60 minutes on the phone with DTV and they have no idea.

Looks like the games are blacked out just like any pro league in favor of MLS Direct Kick. I have copied a couple of FAQ answers below with links. They say pro leagues are blacked out on RSNs and the are no blackouts on MLS Direct Kick. Looks like you need to spend the $79.

On a side note, the Columbus game on 471-1 (Direct Kick) is te GolTV Canada HD feed. It looks a little bit starved... occasional blocking. The white balance looks off as well, but Columbus is in Yellow and Toronto in white. They seem to glow a little.

Gieger just booked a Toronto player (Saric) for a professional foul (23 min).

From the FAQ

http://support.direc...etail/a_id/2337
What are the MLS DIRECT KICK™ blackout regulations?
No blackout restrictions apply to MLS DIRECT KICK™.

http://support.direc...2lkL2QxeWtRV1hq
How do blackouts affect Sports Pack?
In accordance with blackout rules, customers who subscribe to Sports Pack will not receive professional games outside their market on these channels.

Out-of-market games are sold separately via professional sports subscription packages.
Use the RSN Coverage by Zip Code to determine which teams are available in customer's area.
Blackout restrictions NOT applicable to the MountainWest Sports Network (MTN).

All live games on the MTN are available nationally.
Only customers living outside a Mountain West Conference state and not in the qualifying DMAs require Sports Pack to get the MTN.

#4 OFFLINE   bones boy

bones boy

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 274 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 03:19 PM

I do spend the $79 - for 5 years straight. Still getting blackout error message. This game is not on MLS Direct kick.

My Sports Subscriptions

MLB EXTRA INNINGS
MLB EXTRA INNINGS
Remove
You are unable to remove this online. Please call customer service at 1-800-DIRECTV.
$0.00
MLS DIRECT KICK
MLS DIRECT KICK
Remove
You are unable to remove this online. Please call customer service at 1-800-DIRECTV.
$0.00
NFL SUNDAY TICKET Superfan lg
NFL SUNDAY TICKET SuperFan
Remove
$0.00
ESPN GamePlan
ESPN GamePlan
Remove
$0.00
NBA LEAGUE PASS
NBA LEAGUE PASS
Remove
$46.99
in 4 payments
NHL Center Ice
NHL CENTER ICE
Remove
$40.95
ESPN FULL COURT
ESPN FULL COURT
Remove
$26.00
in 4 payments
MEGA MARCH MADNESS
NCAA MEGA MARCH MADNESS
Remove
$69.00
MLB EXTRA INNINGS - j
MLB EXTRA INNINGS
Remove
$31.99
MLS DIRECT KICK
MLS DIRECT KICK
Remove
$0.00
FoxSoccer
Fox Soccer Plus
Remove
$14.99
per month

#5 OFFLINE   wmb

wmb

Godfather

• Registered
  • 452 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 03:50 PM

I do spend the $79 - for 5 years straight. Still getting blackout error message. This game is not on MLS Direct kick.

Oops, my bad. I checked and its blacked out here, too.

I guess the answer is above... Its not blacked out on Direct Kick, its blacked out under RSN pro game rules. Kind of SUX.

I think I will e-mail MLS and DirecTV about this. With the other league packs, they use the RSN to deliver the game. Seems like if we have Direct Kick and Sports Pack, we chould get all games, espcially given this answer:

FAQ: http://support.direc...etail/a_id/2335
Which games can be seen through the MLS DIRECT KICK™ subscription?
MLS DIRECT KICK™ contains MLS games originating from either a regional sports network (RSN) or a local over-the-air (OTA) station and delivers these games to customers who purchase this subscription. These games are not otherwise available to DIRECTV subscribers because they are broadcast outside of a subscriber's local area. MLS games shown nationally on ESPN, ESPN2, Univision and ABC are not included as part of this sports subscription.

#6 OFFLINE   Civrock

Civrock

Legend

• Registered
  • 137 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 27 March 2010 - 04:20 PM

As I mentioned above, the game was shown on Telefutura. Telefutura is part of Univision. Univision isn't part of the subscription according to the FAQ you posted. Guess the 'blackout' makes sense.

#7 OFFLINE   bones boy

bones boy

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 274 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 04:31 PM

As I mentioned above, the game was shown on Telefutura. Telefutura is part of Univision. Univision isn't part of the subscription according to the FAQ you posted. Guess the 'blackout' makes sense.

But Univision is part of a separate subscription package. Fox Sports/DTV can't blackout broadcasts in a subscription package just because they are being broadcast in a different subscription package - especially one in a different language. Blackouts are designed to protect the local and over the air broadcasters/advertisers - neither which apply here.

#8 OFFLINE   bones boy

bones boy

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 274 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 07:32 PM

Sent an email to DTV, three hours later (on a Saturday) someone from the Resolution Center called and explained that the "rights holders" to the game only wanted it broadcast to people who local RSN happens to be FSSW and that DTV has to follow that request. The person calling said it's not a "blackout" per se (although that's exactly what it is) and that the request is pretty unusual. :icon_lame

So - perhaps FSSW is well on their way to becoming an SNY or NESN where they can simply blackout whatever programs they desire at a whim - as well as lowering total viewership of their RSN and lowering value to their beloved advertisers. :soapbox:

Or maybe FC Dallas is realizing that most MLS fans don't want to watch horrible soccer. :box:

Anyway - kudos and much thanks to DTV for following up and providing the correct answer. It would have been nice to find this out from the first or second level CS while the game was on - but better late than never. That phone call kept a long time customer satisfied. :up:

And thanks civrock and wmb for trying to help. You guys weren't far off.

#9 OFFLINE   wmb

wmb

Godfather

• Registered
  • 452 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 07:57 PM

Oh, thats bad luck. Before paying the $$$ for Direct kick, I checked the schedule for the Crew (they are 100 miles up the road, so essentially the local team). It listed all the games as being broadcast on something...

http://web.mlsnet.co.../schedule/2010/

After your post, I looked at FC Dallas and Houston.

Dallas didn't list anything for coverage http://www.fcdallas.com/schedule so not a good sign.

and Houston were pretty good http://web.mlsnet.co.../schedule/2010/

All I can say is some of the teams seem real interested in putting their product on TV, and some don't.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...